Vale Phillip Hughes - 1988 - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its been a traumatic day, life can be very unfair sometimes. Cricket is a great love to so many of us and our players are a source of great pride in this country.I watched Peter Brukner pay tribute to the efforts of Michael Clarke over the past 48 hours and I'm not ashamed to say it made me cry. Life is short and we ALL need to make the most of it . I certainly know Phil Hughes did.

Let there never be a debate over what is our national sport ever again

CRICKET - daylight - the rest

The outpouring of sadness from everyone is so overwhelming.

Masuri has basically come out and said that if Hughes was wearing the latest Masuri helmet design, he may have been protected...

Not too sure I like that...

Smacks of self-promotion and/or buck passing. Very inappropriate. Debates over helmets can wait until later. Much later.

B3cbVwKCcAA7REn.jpg:large

Saw this on twitter

Been trying my best to hold it in but that's done me. Never thought I'd shed tears for someone I never knew. Really not interested in the upcoming summer of cricket anymore. Absolutely devo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great batsmen to watch when he had his confidence up. Had some issues with his technique but worked his ass off to improve and probably would have played a lot more cricket for Australia. Just feel absolutely gutted.

I'm just so sad and lost for words over this. How? Why? My heart goes out to Phil's family and friends. Also to Sean Abbott, I hope he is getting all the support he needs, this wasn't his fault. This was just a tragedy.

RIP Phil, I loved watching you bat.

Got to feel so so bad for Abbott.

Hopefully if he ever returns the public treats him well.

He'd be in a really dark place right now
I'm sure they will. The Australian sporting community come together in a situation like this. I'm sure when if he returns, he will receive a standing ovation. Not because we are proud of him for what has happened, but to show our support behind him in a situation that has been brought up through no fault of his own.

I'm sure they will. The Australian sporting community come together in a situation like this. I'm sure when if he returns, he will receive a standing ovation. Not because we are proud of him for what has happened, but to show our support behind him in a situation that has been brought up through no fault of his own.

I agree, the is not one person that would lay any blame for this at his door and hopefully he knows we are all wishing him the best. It sounds like he is getting great support so that will help him cope. It's a tough burden to carry but with everyone supporting him I'm sure he will manage.

Just saw a video pop up on my Facebook feed. It was Hughesy giving a master on the cut shot. Brought a little tear to my eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back