Palmer stole Jayden Foster's premiership #Hashtag #RohanSmith - media thread offcuts

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly I'm more surprised that someone could actually misspell "feelings"...Seriously!?
Well, the e and the a are close together on a keyboard... Kind of...

Yeah I don't know how you do that :p

FFS! This is a professional sporting organization . Our only priority is to win a flag.

There are plenty of charitable institutions you can support to get you warm and fuzzy fealings.

Other than being a supporter of sorts have you ever been involved in a football club?

Whether AFL or otherwise a club is part of a community, and if a player feels this strongly about a club, that is a culture to be built on, not derided.

Probably the worst post I have read in 10 years on the board

BUT HE'S WAITED 50+ YEARS FOR A PREMIERSHIP HE CAN BE AS CRANKY AS HE LIKES.

Saltyyyyyyyyyyy.
Darn young'uns. You haven't suffered like I have, you don't get a say. Sack everyone. Change back to the old jumper. Change back to the new jumper, I don't like the old one. Make Westy coach. Wolves stole my pills. My feet hurt.

Darn young'uns. You haven't suffered like I have, you don't get a say. Sack everyone. Change back to the old jumper. Change back to the new jumper, I don't like the old one. Make Westy coach. Wolves stole my pills. My feet hurt.
Surprised he hasn't suggested we take the injury prone guys out back and deal with them like Old Yeller.

Surprised he hasn't suggested we take the injury prone guys out back and deal with them like Old Yeller.

Lets keep them on our list year after year instead! This is why our club will never go forward.

Yeah holy s**t. Don't feel good about the club supporting a well-respected player in times of trouble.

I want to feel good about winning a flag. If i wanted to feel good about supporting a charitable organization then i would support the Red Cross or Saint Vinnies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want to feel good about winning a flag. If i wanted to feel good about supporting a charitable organization then i would support the Red Cross or Saint Vinnies.

So you're actually saying helping raise money for someone in a time of need is a great detriment to on field success?

Someone should really tell Hawthorn to end their longstanding partnership with Beyondblue then.

Sweet jesus.

I feel a bit sorry for you then. I've had a lot of joy out of following the Dogs my whole life, and it's come from several different avenues. That's without ever winning a flag. You love to tell us how long you've been waiting, must have been a terribly sad 50 years for you.
There is a lot more to team sport than just winning. What makes it even sadder is that we're lucky enough to follow a club that is excellent in regard to building actual relationships with those that aren't involved with the club.
Try and think of it like this. Each person in the club is just that, a person. Then you think of the people that have direct relationships with those people. Then the people who have relationships with those people, and so on and so forth. That is a lot of people which can be directly affected by the club, at no cost to on field performance. If you have some sort of emotional investment in the club, which clearly you do, and they do something honourable, what's not to be proud of?

lachy summed it up nicely.

Other than being a supporter of sorts have you ever been involved in a football club?

Whether AFL or otherwise a club is part of a community, and if a player feels this strongly about a club, that is a culture to be built on, not derided.

Probably the worst post I have read in 10 years on the board

Obviously never been involved in any sort of team sport environment. Sounds more like the "I PAY MUH MONEYS SO YA'LL BETTER WIN" kind of "supporter".

There's 18 teams in the comp, so that means 17 teams miss out on winning the flag EVERY year.

If you can't get enjoyment from the week to week trial and tribulations, the winning and the losing, the highs and lows, the ups and downs, then you may as well not bother.

How a club can be criticised for helping a bloke whose family was devastated by a bushfire messes with my mind.

No worse than one of our other number 1 ticket holders...... She ran a country into the ground and still in amongst some fraud activity

Very disappointing to me that people regard politics and political parties in higher regard than their football club.

Your priorities in life:
#1 Your kids
#2 The Bulldogs footy club
#3 Anything else.

Criticising Clive Palmer and Julia Gillard is just not on.

So you're actually saying helping raise money for someone in a time of need is a great detriment to on field success?

Someone should really tell Hawthorn to end their longstanding partnership with Beyondblue then.

Sweet jesus.

Never ever said that. What i said was that it is not a priority ahead of winning a flag. Its a direct reply to the original poster saying that its ok not to win flags because the club does nice things.

I feel a bit sorry for you then. I've had a lot of joy out of following the Dogs my whole life, and it's come from several different avenues. That's without ever winning a flag. You love to tell us how long you've been waiting, must have been a terribly sad 50 years for you.
There is a lot more to team sport than just winning. What makes it even sadder is that we're lucky enough to follow a club that is excellent in regard to building actual relationships with those that aren't involved with the club.
Try and think of it like this. Each person in the club is just that, a person. Then you think of the people that have direct relationships with those people. Then the people who have relationships with those people, and so on and so forth. That is a lot of people which can be directly affected by the club, at no cost to on field performance. If you have some sort of emotional investment in the club, which clearly you do, and they do something honourable, what's not to be proud of?

lachy summed it up nicely.

Obviously never been involved in any sort of team sport environment. Sounds more like the "I PAY MUH MONEYS SO YA'LL BETTER WIN" kind of "supporter".

So the Bulldogs should have a marketing slogan for 2015. "Support the bulldogs so that you can have a lot of joy from several different avenues. Winning a flag is not as important to us as being a good corporate citizen"

There's 18 teams in the comp, so that means 17 teams miss out on winning the flag EVERY year.

If you can't get enjoyment from the week to week trial and tribulations, the winning and the losing, the highs and lows, the ups and downs, then you may as well not bother.

How a club can be criticised for helping a bloke whose family was devastated by a bushfire messes with my mind.

Get your facts right before you take off on a long run.

Never 'criticized the club for helping a bloke whose family was devastated by a bushfire' that ended up messing with your mind.

I criticized a poster for making the following statement 'I LOVE THE BULLDOGS EVEN IF WE NEVER WIN A FLAG! AS LONG AS WE DO THE RIGHT THING AND HELP PEOPLE'

I love the Bulldogs/FFC.
If we strive to win a flag, and help people on the way, that's great.
If, in striving to win a flag, we don't actually win one, but still help people, that's great too.

Winning is important, and so is being a good corporate citizen. Aiming for the second does not limit our ability to achieve the first.

Last edited:
Constructing naive, and false dichotomies is the hallmark of a simple and uneducated mind (i.e. the management has no idea or they are fully in control, the club is either aiming for success or it is performing its social duties, and so on).

When dealing with such behavior it is best to ignore and move on. I have found that this type of tendency, once it has been inculcated in an individual and they reach adulthood, has no discernible remedy. It is easy for such base creatures to develop these dichotomies to understand things, because it helps them simplify the complexities of the world which are often difficult to think about.

I think people tend to spend too much time humouring posters who are clearly trying to derail things on the board. Just a look through some histories and you'll pick the constructive balanced posters from the overly negative, reaction seeking trolls

Remove this Banner Ad

Back