Media State of the List

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought the Hawks gave ok quality with low quantity. This puts them high on the quality/quantity scale, which is significantly better than three of the four teams rated so far.
I'm not gonna lie, the Hawks/warriors thread was a complete farce - I had zero interest in posting in it. That'd be because every time anyone even remotely seemed to get a bit of quality back and forward going five or six Warriors would enter the thread and spam it with thirty or forty posts of absolute sewer drivel s**t, taking anyway from it any quality discussion and my interest.

If the Hawks/Warriors thread was complete rubbish Franky maybe you should have a look in your own backyard first.

Last edited:
I'm not gonna lie, the Hawks/warriors thread was a complete farce - I had zero interest in posting in it. That'd be because every time anyone even remotely seemed to get a bit of quality back and forward going five or six Warriors would enter the thread and spam it with thirty or forty posts of absolute sewer drivel s**t, taking anyway from it any quality discussion and my interest.

If the Hawks/Warriors thread was complete rubbish Franky maybe you should have a look in your own backyard first.
I don't understand how you could possibly be having a quality discussion before any Warriors entered the thread.

Our contributions are also far greater than spam, they're more like boneless honey glazed ham.

Um, this was brought up about 6 months ago.

Well done for keeping up.

The Warriors/Bandits match thread this season was pretty good actually
Were you away for that week ;)

Actually come to think about it that may be why the 2nd game against them was better than the first. Didnt you go away that week Franky :D

Were you away for that week ;)

Actually come to think about it that may be why the 2nd game against them was better than the first. Didnt you go away that week Franky :D
Well well well, Mr Funny guy now :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reading the Warriors-Furies round 14 thread made Mein Kampf look like Hemingway.

What was wrong with it?

Can you give me some examples?

What was wrong with it?

Can you give me some examples?

For starters, it began with a lengthy, derivative debate on 'parmi vs. parma', something that will never not be terrible. It spewed into a bunch of off-topic discussion about how neither team can banter but I don't think a single reference to the actual game was ever made. It was all so needless, to read any of it would be to pour chili powder into your eyes, the effect would be the same. On the plus side, I don't think a single post was longer than two paragraphs and there were some great gifs of Scarlett Johansson that didn't go unappreciated. Both teams looked like they had a lot of fun but that doesn't excuse it; I'm sure Adam Sandler had a lot of fun making his last twelve movies.

El Dubya summed it right up:
"Well Furries, we're edging closer and closer to gametime and you're still to offer anything of worth. What you have done is brought some of our elite posters down to your level, I suppose that's an accomplishment. I can't be bothered going back through your pages of mindless spam and drivel to find out who I'm playing on, but seeing as your horrid posting has left the entire Warriors side quite grumpy (except our Hawthorn fans, nothing could bring FR down now) expect some sore bodies tomorrow morning, we'll be dumping you like Dan Hannebury."

The Bears/Hawks thread that round by comparison was much easier on the eyes, and between a few posts, the off-topic-ness of it all was leveled by some great creative writing, few puns, and an ability to go back and forth that didn't revolve around pub food.

For starters, it began with a lengthy, derivative debate on 'parmi vs. parma', something that will never not be terrible. It spewed into a bunch of off-topic discussion about how neither team can banter but I don't think a single reference to the actual game was ever made. It was all so needless, to read any of it would be to pour chili powder into your eyes, the effect would be the same. On the plus side, I don't think a single post was longer than two paragraphs and there were some great gifs of Scarlett Johansson that didn't go unappreciated. Both teams looked like they had a lot of fun but that doesn't excuse it; I'm sure Adam Sandler had a lot of fun making his last twelve movies.

El Dubya summed it right up:
"Well Furries, we're edging closer and closer to gametime and you're still to offer anything of worth. What you have done is brought some of our elite posters down to your level, I suppose that's an accomplishment. I can't be bothered going back through your pages of mindless spam and drivel to find out who I'm playing on, but seeing as your horrid posting has left the entire Warriors side quite grumpy (except our Hawthorn fans, nothing could bring FR down now) expect some sore bodies tomorrow morning, we'll be dumping you like Dan Hannebury."

The Bears/Hawks thread that round by comparison was much easier on the eyes, and between a few posts, the off-topic-ness of it all was leveled by some great creative writing, few puns, and an ability to go back and forth that didn't revolve around pub food.

So the Furies ruined the Match Thread but the Warriors are a team of poor posters?

Is that what I'm getting out of that?

So the Furies ruined the Match Thread but the Warriors are a team of poor posters?

Is that what I'm getting out of that?
No, you clearly missed the hidden, yet obvious message that he's just mad about some of the opinions people have on if it's a parma or parmi. :thumbsu:

Round 3
Round 3

Royals v. Warriors
"Negativity is a pox on us all. It's both a theme of these reviews and the Warriors match threads to this point, and that's not going to stop now. Was this thread negative? Yes. Have I picked up the unnecessarily annoying habit of asking myself rhetorical question? Debatable.

The Beach Boys once sang "Good Vibrations", but so did Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch - and that was what this version this thread was. I would have had more fun conversing with my reflection in the mirror than reading this. I almost would have preferred hanging out on the corner of Flinders and Elizabeth rapping out the lyrics from the new Pitbull record (I hate public speaking, fyi). I could have visited the Gaza strip this weekend and found something lifeless under a pile of debris to like more than I liked about this thread (don't say these reviews aren't topical but don't ask me to point out on a map where Gaza is).

Just because I review match threads doesn't mean that I see myself as the role model match thread poster either. My inclusion isn't going to preclude me from declaring this thread an embarrassment. Although, actually, I was the clear the standout this time."

D-

Power Rankings have a new formula so everyone is in blue:
1. Wonders
2. Warriors
3. Swamprats
4. Roys
5. Royals
6. Hawks
7. Gumbies
8. Furies
9. Dragons
10. Demons
11. Bears
12. Bandits

hgnYsSG.png

This week's winner is BigFooty administration for removing BigJoeD's avatar. Terrible decision. It was the only enjoyable thing about the Warriors' match thread. A real shame.

Power Rankings have a new formula so everyone is in blue:
1. Wonders
2. Warriors
3. Swamprats
4. Roys
5. Royals
6. Hawks
7. Gumbies
8. Furies
9. Dragons
10. Demons
11. Bears