Media State of the List

Remove this Banner Ad

So the Furies ruined the Match Thread but the Warriors are a team of poor posters?

Is that what I'm getting out of that?
No, you clearly missed the hidden, yet obvious message that he's just mad about some of the opinions people have on if it's a parma or parmi. :thumbsu:
From memory, both the Warriors and Furies enjoyed the thread, so why should we give a flying **** what anyone else thinks of it.
And it's PARMA.

You should investigate it by joining Shermys team for Season 19.

Welcome to the Bandits by the way!
bgt2110, get on board, the Sweet FA is a ton of fun.

Also, join the Baghdad Bandits, they go alright.

For starters, it began with a lengthy, derivative debate on 'parmi vs. parma', something that will never not be terrible. It spewed into a bunch of off-topic discussion about how neither team can banter but I don't think a single reference to the actual game was ever made. It was all so needless, to read any of it would be to pour chili powder into your eyes, the effect would be the same. On the plus side, I don't think a single post was longer than two paragraphs and there were some great gifs of Scarlett Johansson that didn't go unappreciated. Both teams looked like they had a lot of fun but that doesn't excuse it; I'm sure Adam Sandler had a lot of fun making his last twelve movies.

El Dubya summed it right up:
"Well Furries, we're edging closer and closer to gametime and you're still to offer anything of worth. What you have done is brought some of our elite posters down to your level, I suppose that's an accomplishment. I can't be bothered going back through your pages of mindless spam and drivel to find out who I'm playing on, but seeing as your horrid posting has left the entire Warriors side quite grumpy (except our Hawthorn fans, nothing could bring FR down now) expect some sore bodies tomorrow morning, we'll be dumping you like Dan Hannebury."

The Bears/Hawks thread that round by comparison was much easier on the eyes, and between a few posts, the off-topic-ness of it all was leveled by some great creative writing, few puns, and an ability to go back and forth that didn't revolve around pub food.

When put in this context, the like I received overnight is headed straight to the pool room

Hello.

Welcome to the thread of rhetorical questions. What does this mean?

State of the List – Roys FFC

In today’s episode of State of the List, we take a look at the Roys. Traditionally the favourite club of many, due to their laidback nature and self-deprication due to age. However, despite a reasonably successful season off-field there are murmurings league-wide about their off field position and activity levels.

The Roys managed to finish a game clear in finals, despite finishing the season with 3 losses in their last 4 games. However their finals campaign ended quickly due to a 13 point exit at the hands of the Warriors. Can making finals be considered a successful season? Can they go a step further next season? Off field the Roys started the season with a solid list, balancing experience with fresh faces, all capable of the light hearted banter we have come to expect. However, Reardo and Freakie started Season 18 as captain and vice captain, positions they certainly didn’t live up to. The solid list certainly fell flat, and the Roys struggled for activity and depth. Is this going to be a long-term problem? Can the Roys bounce back regarding activity levels next season? Can fitzroybulldog continue the burden of carrying the club?

A+ Grade

fitzroybulldog

What didn’t this man do for the Roys this season? Filled the captaincy void, did excellent stats work (thanks for making my job easy), averaged 60 posts per match thread (3 times the next best Roy) and led the club in disposals, tackles and Dream Team points. He is pretty much the Nathan Jones of the SFA. There is no problem with FB as a poster and a qooty player, he epitomises hard work and dedication. The problem? Potential burnout. He absolutely carried the side in Season 18, there is no way around that. He needs help, and fast. As explored in the lower brackets, there isn’t a lot behind FB, so he either needs to entice the veterans back, or recruit well in the off-season or he could well be the last captain ever of the Roys.

Congratulations on an outstanding year though, mate.

A Grade

Mooch

So, this makes 2 A graders. And I would be rating Mooch as A- and has made this bracket on the back of his consistency, rather than an all out blitz on the competition. He did well in the posting stats, being the only other Roy to put up any sort of a fight, averaging 20 posts a week along the way. He certainly fell away slightly as the season progressed, averaging nearly 30 posts a week in the first half of the season, and around 15 towards the end. He also had a pretty good season on field, leading the side in handballs and marks, and being top 5 in Dream Team points. The problem? Only having 2 A graders. Only having one super-elite poster is fine, but you need more quality in the upper brackets, particularly in a club so bereft of leadership and quality in the B and C grade brackets. There are so many potential A Graders in the Roys list, either veterans who have stepped back, or rookies who have made good starts to their career, so they need to nurture them into an A Grade rating, and ease the workload on both FB and Mooch.

B Grade

Klim
Reardo
3KZ is Football

A pretty good group of B Graders, but they need more. B Graders are typically either rookies still refining their game, or veterans not posting as much as they used to, and this is exactly what we see for the Roys. Reardo and 3KZ have well over 200 SFA games between them, and have taken a well deserved step back. The pleasing thing is that, outside of one game, they both continued contributing each week. This is what you need from your veterans, consistency even during decreased activity. My big issue is that Reardo chose a poor time to step back, as it left too much of a load on fitzroybulldog. He is one that needs to get back up to A Grade status, even if it is just for one more season whilst the list rejuvenates itself. @Volta is into his/her second season in the league, and managed almost 20 posts a week. He/she shows a lot of potential and is well deserving of a B Grade. The leaders at the Roys need to nurture him/her as they are the future of the club.

The big problem? Not enough. A club lacking A Graders needs to at least have consistent and frequents posting from the lower brackets, and the Roys really don’t have this. 5 posters with an average of more than 10 posts per match just isn’t good enough and spells danger for the future if they can’t lift this number.

C Grade

Fred
Cheetah
Chezzalenko Reborn
Mobbenfuhrer

And this just extenuates exactly what I said in the B Grade bracket, that a club lacking A Grade posters can get by if they have consistency below them. The Roys don’t. The Roys really don’t. Fred and Mobbenfuhrer aren’t an issue. Over 550 SFA games. Hall of Famers. Outstanding reputations. And they still front up and post in almost every match thread. This is exactly what you want from someone in their position. Chezzalenko Reborn is in the same boat, without the standing in the league. He, however, started the season on fire and then didn’t post at all in the second half of the season. Cheetah has had 4 or 5 seasons in the league, and is part of the leadership vacuum. In the exact experience range where they would have been replacing those burning out, but they haven’t. That said, I recognise that isn’t for everyone and my point isn’t a slight on Cheetah, it’s a slight on the list. They don’t have anyone with the perfect mix of experience, but without being so experienced that they can’t be as dedicated to the side and the league anymore. Poorly written I know, but the point is good.

So 5 posters averaging over 10. 6 posters who posted in every match thread. And a distinct lack of posters able to move threads along. This is the first step for the Roys moving forward, fix the C Grade bracket. Just get posters contributing, even if it is only once or twice a week. Particularly since there isn’t a single rookie in this bracket. They’re all veterans scaling back. It gets other posters involved, it generates interest for the other side, it just looks better. Once the C Grade is fixed, then you can start nurturing and moving posters up the brackets as their banter and activity increases.

F Grade

brettman135
Cannon82
Carn the Roys!
CM Sean
Dicky Fitzwell
FitzroyRamone
Flat Chat
Freakie
Made4September
northmelbournefc
@Prizzle
royboy2
Roylion
Slax
SuburbanMe
TheBrownDog

6 of this bracket are posters in their first 2 seasons in the SFA. These are the ones who needed to be in the C to A brackets. The Roys are an old list, in both age and actual SFA experience. They’ve done a pretty good job at bringing in new posters, but have failed miserably at the next step, getting them posting. I love the Roy mentality, and I love the comradery of those who were actually Roys fans. These are the ones I wouldn’t delist, they’re too ingrained in the Roy way, and the club would lose its image and allure. However, changes need to be made, and I think it comes from those first or second year players who have shown no interest. Cut them, try again. Get posters actually involved. Rejuvenate.

Overall Grade

D

I love the Roys. I really do. Up until this season they were my favourite side to banter against. But they’ve just lost their way. They lost too much at the same time and fell right off the cliff. They need some zip in their Zimmer frames, they need people back. They need new posters enthusiastic about the league. They could be in serious trouble if they have a repeat of this season.

fitzroybulldog needs help. He can’t do it alone.

Until next time.

Last edited:
Hello.

Welcome to the thread of rhetorical questions. What does this mean?

State of the List – Roys FFC

In today’s episode of State of the List, we take a look at the Roys. Traditionally the favourite club of many, due to their laidback nature and self-deprication due to age. However, despite a reasonably successful season off-field there are murmurings league-wide about their off field position and activity levels.

The Roys managed to finish a game clear in finals, despite finishing the season with 3 losses in their last 4 games. However their finals campaign ended quickly due to a 13 point exit at the hands of the Warriors. Can making finals be considered a successful season? Can they go a step further next season? Off field the Roys started the season with a solid list, balancing experience with fresh faces, all capable of the light hearted banter we have come to expect. However, Reardo and Freakie started Season 18 as captain and vice captain, positions they certainly didn’t live up to. The solid list certainly fell flat, and the Roys struggled for activity and depth. Is this going to be a long-term problem? Can the Roys bounce back regarding activity levels next season? Can fitzroybulldog continue the burden of carrying the club?

A+ Grade

fitzroybulldog

What didn’t this man do for the Roys this season? Filled the captaincy void, did excellent stats work (thanks for making my job easy), averaged 60 posts per match thread (3 times the next best Roy) and led the club in disposals, tackles and Dream Team points. He is pretty much the Nathan Jones of the SFA. There is no problem with FB as a poster and a qooty player, he epitomises hard work and dedication. The problem? Potential burnout. He absolutely carried the side in Season 18, there is no way around that. He needs help, and fast. As explored in the lower brackets, there isn’t a lot behind FB, so he either needs to entice the veterans back, or recruit well in the off-season or he could well be the last captain ever of the Roys.

Congratulations on an outstanding year though, mate.

A Grade

Mooch

So, this makes 2 A graders. And I would be rating Mooch as A- and has made this bracket on the back of his consistency, rather than an all out blitz on the competition. He did well in the posting stats, being the only other Roy to put up any sort of a fight, averaging 20 posts a week along the way. He certainly fell away slightly as the season progressed, averaging nearly 30 posts a week in the first half of the season, and around 15 towards the end. He also had a pretty good season on field, leading the side in handballs and marks, and being top 5 in Dream Team points. The problem? Only having 2 A graders. Only having one super-elite poster is fine, but you need more quality in the upper brackets, particularly in a club so bereft of leadership and quality in the B and C grade brackets. There are so many potential A Graders in the Roys list, either veterans who have stepped back, or rookies who have made good starts to their career, so they need to nurture them into an A Grade rating, and ease the workload on both FB and Mooch.

B Grade

@Volta
Reardo
3KZ is Football

A pretty good group of B Graders, but they need more. B Graders are typically either rookies still refining their game, or veterans not posting as much as they used to, and this is exactly what we see for the Roys. Reardo and 3KZ have well over 200 SFA games between them, and have taken a well deserved step back. The pleasing thing is that, outside of one game, they both continued contributing each week. This is what you need from your veterans, consistency even during decreased activity. My big issue is that Reardo chose a poor time to step back, as it left too much of a load on fitzroybulldog. He is one that needs to get back up to A Grade status, even if it is just for one more season whilst the list rejuvenates itself. @Volta is into his/her second season in the league, and managed almost 20 posts a week. He/she shows a lot of potential and is well deserving of a B Grade. The leaders at the Roys need to nurture him/her as they are the future of the club.

The big problem? Not enough. A club lacking A Graders needs to at least have consistent and frequents posting from the lower brackets, and the Roys really don’t have this. 5 posters with an average of more than 10 posts per match just isn’t good enough and spells danger for the future if they can’t lift this number.

C Grade

Fred
Cheetah
Chezzalenko Reborn
Mobbenfuhrer

And this just extenuates exactly what I said in the B Grade bracket, that a club lacking A Grade posters can get by if they have consistency below them. The Roys don’t. The Roys really don’t. Fred and Mobbenfuhrer aren’t an issue. Over 550 SFA games. Hall of Famers. Outstanding reputations. And they still front up and post in almost every match thread. This is exactly what you want from someone in their position. Chezzalenko Reborn is in the same boat, without the standing in the league. He, however, started the season on fire and then didn’t post at all in the second half of the season. Cheetah has had 4 or 5 seasons in the league, and is part of the leadership vacuum. In the exact experience range where they would have been replacing those burning out, but they haven’t. That said, I recognise that isn’t for everyone and my point isn’t a slight on Cheetah, it’s a slight on the list. They don’t have anyone with the perfect mix of experience, but without being so experienced that they can’t be as dedicated to the side and the league anymore. Poorly written I know, but the point is good.

So 5 posters averaging over 10. 6 posters who posted in every match thread. And a distinct lack of posters able to move threads along. This is the first step for the Roys moving forward, fix the C Grade bracket. Just get posters contributing, even if it is only once or twice a week. Particularly since there isn’t a single rookie in this bracket. They’re all veterans scaling back. It gets other posters involved, it generates interest for the other side, it just looks better. Once the C Grade is fixed, then you can start nurturing and moving posters up the brackets as their banter and activity increases.

F Grade

brettman135
Cannon82
Carn the Roys!
CM Sean
Dicky Fitzwell
FitzroyRamone
Flat Chat
Freakie
Made4September
northmelbournefc
@Prizzle
royboy2
Roylion
Slax
SuburbanMe
TheBrownDog

6 of this bracket are posters in their first 2 seasons in the SFA. These are the ones who needed to be in the C to A brackets. The Roys are an old list, in both age and actual SFA experience. They’ve done a pretty good job at bringing in new posters, but have failed miserably at the next step, getting them posting. I love the Roy mentality, and I love the comradery of those who were actually Roys fans. These are the ones I wouldn’t delist, they’re too ingrained in the Roy way, and the club would lose its image and allure. However, changes need to be made, and I think it comes from those first or second year players who have shown no interest. Cut them, try again. Get posters actually involved. Rejuvenate.

Overall Grade

D

I love the Roys. I really do. Up until this season they were my favourite side to banter against. But they’ve just lost their way. They lost too much at the same time and fell right off the cliff. They need some zip in their Zimmer frames, they need people back. They need new posters enthusiastic about the league. They could be in serious trouble if they have a repeat of this season.

fitzroybulldog needs help. He can’t do it alone.

Until next time.
Hey Uncle_Leo the Roys would be a perfect destination for your next trick

Can't really argue with that Noobz0r, We seem to get a couple of rooks a season who start well and then fade away. pantskyle, Klim and myself are the only ones that have hung around.
Our list was cut down by RL, and it wasn't just one or two of us, it was around 7 of the players that you all know and love. s**t happens, but i think we managed well in the circumstances.
Fingers crossed S19 wont be repeat.

Still think D is a bit harsh for league favourtie :p, but we'll accept it and cop it on the chin.

I like the Roys as well, Noobz0r, unfortunately they are reminding me of the AFL Roys in their dying days.:(

Can't really argue with that Noobz0r, We seem to get a couple of rooks a season who start well and then fade away. pantskyle, Klim and myself are the only ones that have hung around.
Our list was cut down by RL, and it wasn't just one or two of us, it was around 7 of the players that you all know and love. s**t happens, but i think we managed well in the circumstances.
Fingers crossed S19 wont be repeat.

Still think D is a bit harsh for league favourtie :p, but we'll accept it and cop it on the chin.
I definitely think that you couldn't have done any better this season considering the cards you were dealt. It was very hard giving you a D :(.

<insert innuendo joke here>

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the Roys as well, Noobz0r, unfortunately they are reminding me of the AFL Roys in their dying days.:(

You know it's talk like that that'll get the oldies blood boiling. Actually, might be a way to get numbers up. Thanks for the idea.

I definitely think that you couldn't have done any better this season considering the cards you were dealt. It was very hard giving you a D :(.

<insert innuendo joke here>

as i said, we will cop that D on the chin.

You know it's talk like that that'll get the oldies blood boiling. Actually, might be a way to get numbers up. Thanks for the idea.
Happy to help, get them up and about, new drugs may help.

I wonder what Frankston Rover thinks of this rating. ;)

Harsh given Noobz0r admits the side 'dropped off the cliff' this season.

The games we had with the Roys were highly entertaining. One I noticed who has dropped off is Reardo.

Just hope they can get a few rookies and some of their core posters back but I think FB is the man to do it.

The Roys is a perfect spot for a young enthusiastic poster keen to make a name for themselves in the league. That or one thats hiding behind bigger names at a power club. fitzroybulldog doing manful job of keeping the Roys afloat and wish him all the best.

The Roys is a perfect spot for a young enthusiastic poster keen to make a name for themselves in the league. That or one thats hiding behind bigger names at a power club. fitzroybulldog doing manful job of keeping the Roys afloat and wish him all the best.
Actually, any young Royals who can't break into that Solid Core Of Super Posters should consider.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back