What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think GWS have the same problem?
I'm given to understand that they're getting around to it - just as soon as they're done with overcoming problems such as 99% of Western Sydney not even being aware of their existence, their horrendous guernsey that resembles the congealed contents of an unflushed nightclub toilet, their impending rebrand given that the actual Giants are either injured or walking out on the club, and creating a list of excuses for Ryan Griffen and Callan Ward not to play in Round 9 next year.

They also can't ignite any matches/lighters inside their training facility, for fear of it exploding off it's wheels.

http://afl.to/1Esa7nW

It's happened! Higgins is tearing up the track! :p
Lol... Was racing in to post as well. Hope his brilliant preseason doesn't suddenly go pear shaped and robs him the chance of lining up against his old club. Guys like Stringer and Bonti will be licking their lips at the thought of him coughing up the ball across half back when he hears footsteps :p

I agree, they will use him in his actual position & he will flourish

Yep. I think when played to his strengths he is a very good player. Playing in the backline just wasn't natural. He tried, but could only go so far with it.
Would not surprise me in the least if he has a really good year in 2015.

Unless North decide to keep playing him in the backline. Then he will be just above average at best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And every single club will play a quick, attacking/rebounding defender on him, who will get 25 + possessions each week.... He can't/wont chase, can't tackle and doesn't work hard enough...

If that changes, he'll flourish. If not....

How many more times can they re-hash the Tom Boyd argument?
It's a rubbish article written by someone who has no idea...

No comment on what a new coach from a successful culture might bring. Whether or not a tall forward might straighten us up a little more. The fact we have the makings of a premier midfield with; (a) one of the leagues best clearance player and, (b) a string of kids with a heap of skill with plenty of upside. No talk of the growth of Stringer and the fact that a fullback played with injury most of the year.

We have some big bodied midfielders that will easily match Freo's midfield in a year or two.

And every single club will play a quick, attacking/rebounding defender on him, who will get 25 + possessions each week.... He can't/wont chase, can't tackle and doesn't work hard enough...

In Shaun's defence, he is extraordinarily good (possibly number 1 in the comp) at pointing to his teammates in the forlorn hope that they will do something about his man running off into the distance with ball in hand.

By the way. This isn't the first and probably wont be the last report of Shaun training down the house this pre-season. He seems to be AFL.com's go to guy when it comes to feel good puff pieces about norfs pre-season. Come to think of it, he was AFL.coms go to guy when it came to puff pieces about his time with us.

I might go over to the norf board and bath in the euphoria of yet another stellar Shaun Higgins pre-season before it dissipates like a morning mist come the season proper.

In Shaun's defence, he is extraordinarily good (possibly number 1 in the comp) at pointing to his teammates in the forlorn hope that they will do something about his man running off into the distance with ball in hand.

By the way. This isn't the first and probably wont be the last report of Shaun training down the house this pre-season. He seems to be AFL.com's go to guy when it comes to feel good puff pieces about norfs pre-season. Come to think of it, he was AFL.coms go to guy when it came to puff pieces about his time with us.

I might go over to the norf board and bath in the euphoria of yet another stellar Shaun Higgins pre-season before it dissipates like a morning mist come the season proper.

Do you write books Idle ?
Lovely piece of writing there :)

Do you write books Idle ?
Lovely piece of writing there :)

Only if you consider translating Soviet era tractor manuals into English to be books, King. Personally as beautiful as the prose is, I cant quite bring myself to think of them as anything but a labour of love. I'm looking for a publisher if anybody happens to know one.

I disagree. I believe that his season this year was over-rated by this board and he was quite poor. He will get found out at North and it will be a poor recruit.

Spot on, don't forget his amazing ability to be the last person to get back up after any hint of contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back