The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez sounds like he would be perfect for us, but is too established and proven for our owners. They only seem prepared to buy established players if they are English. Otherwise it's just young and undervalued players who may or may not come good. If we sign anyone it'll be the Berahino/Delph types.

Raheem Sterling wins the Golden Boy Award for the best U21 player in Europe. Congratulations and well deserved, he joins an illustrious group of former winners including Rooney, Messi, Fabregas, Aguero, Götze, Isco, Pogba and current team mate Mario Balotelli.
View attachment 99113
Outstanding company to be in, I have faith that should we pull the finger out he'll stay around a while on wages he deserves. People may slag him off for rejecting 70k/week but he's the best player in a top English football side at how old, deserves all he can get.

Martinez sounds like he would be perfect for us, but is too established and proven for our owners. They only seem prepared to buy established players if they are English. Otherwise it's just young and undervalued players who may or may not come good. If we sign anyone it'll be the Berahino/Delph types.
Originally I was against it because of his age but when you think about it, he would probably be perfect. He is the type of signing that would bridge the gap. He is 28 so you get 3-4 years out of him, all in his prime. In those 3-4 years we get continued improvement and development from Sterling, Ibe, Markovic, Moreno, Can, Origi etc...

I'd be all for Martinez and Sturridge up front. Then from next season, we have back up options in Origi and Balotelli. That's a really good front 4 strikers, and every team wanting to get anywhere needs 4 quality strikers IMO.

My boy's back! :D

9GYD2sC.jpg

Originally I was against it because of his age but when you think about it, he would probably be perfect. He is the type of signing that would bridge the gap. He is 28 so you get 3-4 years out of him, all in his prime. In those 3-4 years we get continued improvement and development from Sterling, Ibe, Markovic, Moreno, Can, Origi etc...

I'd be all for Martinez and Sturridge up front. Then from next season, we have back up options in Origi and Balotelli. That's a really good front 4 strikers, and every team wanting to get anywhere needs 4 quality strikers IMO.

To put 3-4 years in context... What did we have luis for? 2.5?

Nervous about tonights game. Lose are we are 11 points behind United and 10 behind West Ham and 4th spot. We would be 8 behind Arsenal and 6 behind Spurs. That's not even mentioning Everton, Southampton, Newcastle and Swansea who are all above us too.

Win though and we close the gap to 3 behind Spurs, we would be just two behind Arsenal and 7 points off West Ham and 4th.

Make or break time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So how are we all feeling?

Weirdly confident, but also fully expecting a loss. Sakho back in will be a boost.

I think if our team plays like a unit and shuts down Sanchez we might escape with a draw.

If we are wasteful and Rodgers plays his stupid tactics we might get smashed.

So how are we all feeling?

Weirdly confident, but also fully expecting a loss. Sakho back in will be a boost.
Not confident. Will probably lose. But that's par for the course with Liverpool at the minute.

If Rodgers plays 3 at the back but doesnt play Lucas in front. Ill lose my s**t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back