Unofficial Preview Flags, Banners + Flogs.. Not Flares.

Remove this Banner Ad

Koch, either yesterday or today on morning TV said that what they had planned for the first home game against the Swans had just been confirmed. He looked very smug about it, which leads me to think it perhaps might be a rock act?
Ages back on Twitter, Kochie suggested to Kirk to come to a port game (in reply with a NTUA video).
Kirk replied yes, when the Swans are playing Port.
(Appreciated if someone could find that tweet)

I wouldn't mind the players being introduced on the big screen after they run out. Do the Forwards/Backs/Mids etc.

Would like someone to read out the players name and number and have the crowd say "yaaay" after each person like in soccer :D

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind the players being introduced on the big screen after they run out. Do the Forwards/Backs/Mids etc.

Nah, I don't like it. It's a team game, and different players get different levels of support from the crowd. Makes it seem as though some players are more important.

I went to a few crows games last season, and while players like walker and wince got huge roars, other players were met with virtual indifference. Was really quite deflating.

EDIT: I'm speaking about the players being introduced individually over the sound system as well - nothing wrong with having the team being shown on the screens.

and let's have a lap of honour for a club hero, and let's have fireworks, and let's have parachutists, and let's have the national anthem, and let's have a minute's silence, and let's have ... oh look it's 10.30pm, time to go home.

i'm more a fan of announcing goal scorers.. but both could be good

You obviously dont read the Never Tear Us Apart thread closely enough.
First
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...-us-apart-songs.1055563/page-10#post-32792406

and then Tweets back and forth between Kochie, Kirk and Lanye Beachley after 7 broadcast it Nationwide on Friday night v Carlton
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...-us-apart-songs.1055563/page-28#post-34777562

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, I don't like it. It's a team game, and different players get different levels of support from the crowd. Makes it seem as though some players are more important.

I went to a few crows games last season, and while players like walker and wince got huge roars, other players were met with virtual indifference. Was really quite deflating.

EDIT: I'm speaking about the players being introduced individually over the sound system as well - nothing wrong with having the team being shown on the screens.

I think our NTUA countdown video showcasing the team + the wider PAFC family speaks a lot louder than individual players being announced.

Just a bit of info (Kirk Pengilly)...Kirk is a Scottish word meaning a church, or more specifically, the Church of Scotland. Many place names and personal names are derived from it.

I like Bagpipes... Drums & Bagpipes .. that will put a bit of noise around Adelaide Oval lol

and guitars and a flat bed truck ... oh yeah!

Don't know what Kochie and the boys have got in mind and I trust them
BUT
we have a wonderful pre game countdown as it is.
Lets not try and re-invent the wheel.
Its a fine line between an evolved, unscripted and natural experience
to one that is manufactured and imposed (19th man),
then hyped ad nauseum by cRowie stooges.
Geez I'm so dysfunctional I don't even like being asked to make noise.
I bring my own noise anyway and happily join the chant on the march and the game.
PAFC like our noise and ask us to bring it which is fine.
Just let me, unprompted, choose when to make it.

From Not Giving In to bounce down doesn't need to change. But there is plenty of room for improvement before the boys step on the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back