List Mgmt. Welcome Tom Lamb Pick 32 2014 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Can see this guy becoming a crowd favourite - it was only brief but at yesterday's training session it was noticeable the players calling out his name and encouraging him.

Seems like Lamb just needs time to develop confidence in himself and abilities. The more encouragement the better.

One thing that came out of his interview more than the others was how eager to please he is. Think thorne89 or someone said that he probably puts a lot of pressure on himself because of his pedigree - that really rang true. Getting out of Victoria is going to that kid wonders.

From the vids I saw I like his recovery time. Seems a bit cat like in that others are trying to get their feet back while he is gathering and off.

From the vids I saw I like his recovery time. Seems a bit cat like in that others are trying to get their feet back while he is gathering and off.

All the draftees definitely seemed to have the attribute of staying on their feet (especially Heavy, Dugg, Action and Choppa), doubt it's by accident. I think watching Darling, Shooter and JK will do Choppa the world of good, as will getting away from Victoria.

What position do people think this guy is best suited to?

It looks like he'll end up being a HFF, but if I remember correctly the Eagles website described him as a developing KPP.
Im hoping HFF /mid of some sort.Has an awesome tank so would make sense to at least have stints through the midfield

What position do people think this guy is best suited to?

It looks like he'll end up being a HFF, but if I remember correctly the Eagles website described him as a developing KPP.
I remember his pre draft video he said his favourite player was NRoo and tried to emulate his game by running up the ground and burning his opponent on the way back to goal with superior work rate .
I think he is a natural forward and should play CHF

I remember his pre draft video he said his favourite player was NRoo and tried to emulate his game by running up the ground and burning his opponent on the way back to goal with superior work rate .
I think he is a natural forward and should play CHF
Too short I reckon. He should play a similar game to Darling IMO - hard running half forward who pushes into the middle outrunning his opponent.

Too short I reckon. He should play a similar game to Darling IMO - hard running half forward who pushes into the middle outrunning his opponent.

193cm isn't too short to play CHF.

He's taller than Pavlich.

Saying that I think we should use him as Richardson was used late in his career. Play him off a wing and let him use his run and then rest him deep forward.

Given we are blessed with good tall KP talent back and forward and its our midfield that needs more run together with the game style played these days Lamb is the prototype tall running forward.

Darling and Lamb could make a great dynamic duo in years to come.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

193cm isn't too short to play CHF.

He's taller than Pavlich.

Saying that I think we should use him as Richardson was used late in his career. Play him off a wing and let him use his run and then rest him deep forward.

Given we are blessed with good tall KP talent back and forward and its our midfield that needs more run together with the game style played these days Lamb is the prototype tall running forward.

Darling and Lamb could make a great dynamic duo in years to come.
Pav's build is a lot stronger though. Pav is also a supremely talented footballer, and I don't think Lamb is at the same level to compensate for being on the shortish side for a CHF.

Will be exciting to see if he can be as good as Roo or Pav. Wouldn't that be an amazing thing!

Roo and Pav were top 10 draft picks though, i'd be surprised if Lamb reached those same heights as a player talent wise.

Will be exciting to see if he can be as good as Roo or Pav. Wouldn't that be an amazing thing!
Haha - we'll see. I'm not going to hold my breath, could be anything though.

Roo and Pav were top 10 draft picks though, i'd be surprised if Lamb reached those same heights as a player talent wise.

I agree with you that he'll be lucky to reach those lofty heights - but the draft number argument carries no weight. On the basis, Watts would still be highly sought after and Priddis wouldn't have a Brownlow etcetcetc.

That said, agree he's not quite at that pitch. 'Very good' will be a good outcome with him.

And Pavlich went un-drafted the year before going first round.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back