Bruce Springsteen

Remove this Banner Ad

Picked this up for $24 at KMart today....shocked at the price and the find...awesome read.

Online prices vary..

https://www.google.com.au/?gws_rd=ssl#q=bruce+springsteen+album+by+album&tbm=shop
Springsteen-Album-by-Album-book-cover-860x1024.jpg

paddy18 - For You
Bruce did 2 shows at Wembley in 1988 - one near the start of Euro tour 1988-06-25, and the the start of the Human Rights Tour 9 weeks later 1988-09-02, pretty sure this is from one of them. I didn't know he used a horn section in 1988. Clarence doesnt touch the sax here.

Last edited:
Saw this on Letterman about 2 weeks ago and it was on again tonight. Bruce's back up singer Curtis King is doing back up vocals. I don't know if it was seeing him, or it was the wall of sound coming from this big band, that reminded me of the now big band type sound of the current E Street Band, or the strings after watching the Brisbane show the other day, or just the lot but it grabbed my attention both times.

SMH's music review
A year in review: the good and not so good gigs of 2014

It may be that 2014 should have come with a language warning. And not because you might have wondered "who the ... would go and see KC and the Sunshine Band in the 21st century?", questioned "what the ... was with those people singing 'slicing up eyeballs, I want you to know" at a Pixies gig and "where the ... was that no-show Janelle Monae?"

You could also have asked was it possible that the Bruce Springsteen well had been tapped dry given a second tour within 12 months. Ticket sales suggested otherwise, with more sold-out rooms across the country, including corners he'd never visited before like the quaint hamlet of Adelaide. But more importantly the shows themselves were as fervent and as packed with songs old, new and local (the INXS cover a highlight) and even longer. Yes, longer: heading closer to four hours than three.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...gs-of-2014-20141229-12cut0.html#ixzz3NRCgPYVH

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Flicked over to Rage which has Retro Month. they reckon they are showing old Countdown programs never repeated before.

See Molly talking about Flowers/Icehouse's debut album said despite what other critics are saying he reckons it will be a hit, then plays We Can Get Together and says that will be a hit. Tells people to do themselves a favour and buy it. Does the same for 3 or 4 albums. The he holds up The River. Talks a bit about it and then says that 5 years ago Bruce was on the cover of Time and Newsweek and they said he was the new Messiah of rock n roll. Molly says he agrees he is a Messiah of rock n roll - says there are a number of beautiful ballads on the album and then plays 30 seconds or Rosilita - then bit where 2 or 3 girls come up on stage and Bruce "chases" them. When they come back to Molly he tells us to do ourselves a favour and go out and buy it. He introduces some band and on screen up comes the date October 12, 1980.

It was a bit bizzare but interesting at the same time to see it.

I know I have posted this before, but last night (Monday) when John Wayne Hastings had to bowl the super over for the Melbourne Stars after the big bash game was tied, all I could think of was this.

Was just thinking about some of my favourite Springsteen lyrics and whilst not my all time favourite I just love the line in No Surrender "we learnt more from a three minute record than we ever learned in school. Just thought I would share:) Oh yeah first post in this thread too only took me 260 pages:eek:

Was just thinking about some of my favourite Springsteen lyrics and whilst not my all time favourite I just love the line in No Surrender "we learnt more from a three minute record than we ever learned in school. Just thought I would share:) Oh yeah first post in this thread too only took me 260 pages:eek:

Nice first post in here rdh. If you a do a search of this thread, you will find that many of us regulars have talked about this line and how much we like it. Its very Bruce when he talks about his schooling experience and the nuns. although apparently he still goes and visits the nuns and has a few beers and watches baseball games with a few of them.

Best line of the song hands down.

Yes for the moment lol. Has always been up there as a favourite for me but he has so so many it's hard to choose just one. When I heard Jungleland at his Rod Laver concert I thought I could die happy:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back