Political Cartoons Thread (International & National)

Remove this Banner Ad

Whydowehavewars2.jpg
I don't think that this is a cartoon...

Some of the best comments on Twitter:
  • With the money saved from repealing the, I bought an iron
  • What about women who don't iron - non crushable cotton & polyester babes -can we trade 4 safety, equal pay & non warmed future?
  • With no carbon tax to pay I'll quit my job & get back to ironing
  • Not since Bush has politics turned the daily news into comedy hour.

Some of the best comments on Twitter
From a friend:
“I used to hate walking past building sites. All those guys staring at me and shouting ‘Show us your big new tax!’ That just doesn’t happen any more”.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How so? I have looked at this cartoon now 3 times and am unable to come to that conclusion.

He does suggest that depicting Mohammed is racist and that racist cartoons have become a beckon for free speech, and makes it clear that this is not his style so he doesn't get to put his family at risk.

Seems to have foot in both camps really. Firstly killing someone over a cartoon is stupid, but if they don't print this offensive cartoons, nobody will want to kill you.

He does suggest that depicting Mohammed is racist and that racist cartoons have become a beckon for free speech, and makes it clear that this is not his style so he doesn't get to put his family at risk.

Seems to have foot in both camps really. Firstly killing someone over a cartoon is stupid, but if they don't print this offensive cartoons, nobody will want to kill you.
"French cartoonists were racist and basically deserved it" not sure I see that.

Interestingly I am wondering how Chris Kenny feels about this after his effort against satire recently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back