Political Cartoons Thread (International & National)

Remove this Banner Ad

voltaire-quote-rules-over-you.jpg

10929009_10153060690601528_6224417059120165910_n.jpg

I never get this mentality.

If you are seriously implying that no one gets upset when people draw an offensive comic about Islam then you are deluded.

Its offensive in both cases; and its freedom of speech in both cases. I'm having difficulty spotting the hypocrisy.
The hypocrisy is quite clear actually. Charlie Hebdo fired a reputable journalist because he wrote something allegedly anti-semitic, yet they were happy to publish jokes about other religious targets.

The hypocrisy is quite clear actually. Charlie Hebdo fired a reputable journalist because he wrote something allegedly anti-semitic, yet they were happy to publish jokes about other religious targets.

you do realise that the organiastion you are talking about is renowned as left wing. Yeah??

Human rights commissioner Tim Wilson has said cartoons like those published in Charlie Hebdo would be banned in Australia under existing legislation.

The 44-year-old newspaper has always sought to break taboos with its provocative cartoons on all religions, current events and prominent personalities.

From the abc:oops:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-01-...t-edition-since-attacks-to-go-on-sale/6013756

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just saw it on ABC24 and they said, may find it offensive, look away now or switch off.
Big ABC fan but I thought, 'what the'?
I saw that too, I thought they were being sensitive in the same as warning Indigenous people when images of the deceased are being shown or when potentially distressing scenes are being shown. The last thing we need to do at the moment is further inflame things.

Just saw it on ABC24 and they said, may find it offensive, look away now or switch off.
Big ABC fan but I thought, 'what the'?
Tim Wilson worked at the Institute of Public Affairs for seven years, serving as Director of Climate Change Policy and the Intellectual Property and Free Trade. [5] During this time he argued against plain packaging [6] and to vote No for the proposed local government referendum. [7] He was a vocal critic of the Human Rights Commission [8] and during his time there the IPA called for the abolition of the commission.

Are they taking the piss calling this guy a human rights commisioner?

Wilson, a then Liberal Party member, ran for the position of Deputy Mayor of the City of Melbourne in 2008, beside Peter McMullin, a former Labor Mayor of Geelong.[4] Allegations of threats and bullying marred the campaign.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Wilson_(policy_analyst)

Has any media contacted any Australian human rights lawyers and asked them their opinion on this guys claims? Is he just protecting his mate Andrew Bolt?

That scumbag Andrew Marlton has outdone himself, saying that the French cartoonists were racist and basically deserved it

5e7ac5b5-9748-456d-944e-84abb6304fac-737x1020.jpeg

Now i have found out who the hell " charlie " is, it appears they have had attacks for the same thing before, but make a point of carrying on.

So working there is risky behaviour like living in a bushfire zone or steve irwin poking venomous animals. Maybe the sympathy should be diluted a bit. They were also endangering other workers in the vicinity.

Countrbalancing that, what exactly or how exactly do the cartoons protect freedom ?

They will be making massive revenue out of this, no doubt

Remove this Banner Ad

Back