Football club finances / FFP

Remove this Banner Ad

Clubs says that the structure with the two City Football Group subsidiaries has been approved by UEFA.

There could theoretically be an issue with the % of costs charged to each club in the group. But as it stands they don't think there will be any issues with it.

That logo will look terrible aesthetically. I'm sure the many millions will help with that though.
The Qatar and TA ones are both plain text, so really won't be much different to what we have now. I'm disappointed to be losing Samsung, but thats only cause um a fanboi of their stuff (my house is filled with it).

But money talks and the more the better.

Have I missed something?
I feel like I have. Most of this thread, and others, is you, Cruyff and Kizza correctly putting FAITH down for her posts.

Just block her and move on.

I feel like I have. Most of this thread, and others, is you, Cruyff and Kizza correctly putting FAITH down for her posts.

Just block her and move on.
?????

I agree that FAITH is over the top about it but I don't think it is obsession every time a Liverpool supporter suggests City have been dodgy with FFP when they have already been fined 50 million pound for doing it and have a complex corporate structure set up which allows for abuses of FFP rules.
let NFGKizza bury his head in the sand

Seems the Telegraph is going with it too. Interesting the bit about Mangala if and a big if true.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...r-City-finances-under-scrutiny-from-Uefa.html

Manchester City's finances are facing renewed Uefa scrutiny after it emerged that the complex structure of its City Football Group parent company is being investigated.

The Premier League champions, who were fined £16million and forced to play with a reduced Champions League squad by Uefa last year for breaking Financial Fair Play regulations, have endured accusations of duplicity in recent days over the contractual situation of Frank Lampard, who will spend the rest of the season at the Etihad Stadium after initially appearing only to be on loan from New York City FC until the end of December.

After proclaiming Lampard’s arrival last August as a loan, the club has now confirmed that the 36-year-old actually signed a year-long City contract, despite fans in New York and Manchester being led to believe that the midfielder had signed for the newly-formed MLS franchise, which is also controlled by CFG.

While the Premier League and City claim that no rules were broken in relation to Lampard, Uefa’s probe into the finances of CFG could lead to further FFP-related sanctions if evidence can be found to prove that the formation of subsidiary companies allowed the club to under-report losses in their 2013-14 accounts.

Two subsidiary companies – City Football Marketing Ltd and City Football Services Ltd – incurred costs, including wages, of £36.7million in the year to the end of May 2014, posting combined losses of £25.9million in that period.

A City spokesperson said: "The examination of the Club's structure and subsidiary companies is a scheduled and routine part of the UEFA monitoring process."
City, who believe themselves to be on course to meet Uefa’s FFP target this financial year having halved losses to £23million, increased their transfer spending on Sunday by agreeing a deal worth up to £28million for Swansea forward Wilfried Bony.
The arrival of Bony takes City’s spending during the winter and summer windows to £83million, with the full fee for Porto defender Eliaquim Mangala now being confirmed as £42million,
rather than the £32m reported by the club at the time of his arrival

This is not good for football. If it was LFC i would want them to be punished as well.
In UEFA we trust

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As expected after terminating his loan with Stoke City, Oussama Assaidi has had his move to Al-Ahli Dubai confirmed by the club. Fee reported to be £4.75m, double what we paid for him 2 years ago. Hasn't done a hell of a lot in a red shirt but good to see we've made a bit of money on him in that time.

FAITH, when are Uefa going to investigate LFC for this clear FFP breach? who the hell is this spud? Nobody would pay 4.75M for him. Dirty oil money must be involved.

FAITH, when are Uefa going to investigate LFC for this clear FFP breach? who the hell is this spud? Nobody would pay 4.75M for him. Dirty oil money must be involved.

Appalling attempt at trolling. 4.75m is his market value and he's only young. Suggesting a FFP investigation into LFC making a 2.75m profit on a footballer borders on ridiculous.

dirty oil money is always involved when it comes to anything to do with the middle east and football

I actually had 2022 on block for a day or two when I was trying to get through the in-fighting, so apologies to Faith :p

Getting rid of debt was the original intention of FFP. Stopped when the G14 got involved.

This is apparently what ECA is proposing

B7PpKF8IUAAb0yj.png

B7PpKEGIMAAEQQC.png

B7PpKF6IEAARpDq.png

B7PpJ6jIQAA8FHC.png

The Swiss Ramble blog which looks at Football finance, has new analysis about the accounts of Chelsea, Manchester United, Manchester City and West Ham, among others, and with more on other clubs due over the next few weeks. Plenty of stuff from FFP to wage bills, debt and revenues and where its all coming from.

http://swissramble.blogspot.com.au/

Remove this Banner Ad

Back