The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Us going against the narrative of suppose to be dropping down the ladder and finished is annoying the heck out of people.

I was confident we’d bounce back this year, didn’t expect 7-0 and there’s a long way to go in the season, we’ll lose games but the pleasing thing for me is once again the club has reset, refocused and gone again, can’t ask for anything more than that, been a remarkable 20 odd years supporting Geelong.

After 16 years of Geelong making the finals in all but 2 years? It shouldn’t annoy anyone anymore, it’s just the way it is lol. Death, taxes, and betting that Geelong will make Top 2 before the start of the year and winning the bet.

Us going against the narrative of suppose to be dropping down the ladder and finished is annoying the heck out of people.

I don’t think anyone is saying Geelong aren’t good. I think the query is whether Geelong are the number 1 team in the comp. Ladder says yes, but not everyone is convinced.

Geelong are clearly a top half team. We’ll know in four weeks is they were top four.

A man who in preseason had us 16th now trying to come across as the oracle and that he knows what he's on about. Tap out, this conversation ain't for you, you've been confirmed as clueless on who is good and who is not in 2024.
Do you ever not play the man? If you resort to getting personal every time you encounter differing opinions on here, then perhaps you’re the one that should sit this one out.

Not sure why you keep engaging me anyway. I thought I made it obvious that I want absolutely nothing to do with you.

I don’t trust us until we start putting sides away. We haven’t this year (outside of North) and have been very lucky ourselves. Records don’t mean much at this stage of the season and I agree about Brisbane, I can definitely see that side stringing 5 or 6 wins together quickly.
Vossy is da man.

Time to believe bro.

I don’t think anyone is saying Geelong aren’t good. I think the query is whether Geelong are the number 1 team in the comp. Ladder says yes, but not everyone is convinced.

Geelong are clearly a top half team. We’ll know in four weeks is they were top four.

I don’t think we’re the best team either, next 3 games will give us a good indication.

I don’t trust us until we start putting sides away. We haven’t this year (outside of North) and have been very lucky ourselves. Records don’t mean much at this stage of the season and I agree about Brisbane, I can definitely see that side stringing 5 or 6 wins together quickly.
At what stage did you come good last year? Some teams are notoriously slow starters. As long as you stay in touch with top four then find form in the back end of the season and take that into finals, you’ll be fine.

Yeah sides that have played Brisbane and Collingwood already are lucky as I think they’ll still be very dangerous at times throughout the season.

Do you ever not play the man? If you resort to getting personal every time you encounter differing opinions on here, then perhaps you’re the one that should sit this one out.

Not sure why you keep engaging me anyway. I thought I made it obvious that I want absolutely nothing to do with you.
Perfectly on topic remark. I'm calling into question your credibility.

You were so clueless in preseason with where we'd finish. So, I ponder, why should anyone take seriously your prediction of straight sets?

At what stage did you come good last year? Some teams are notoriously slow starters. As long as you stay in touch with top four then find form in the back end of the season and take that into finals, you’ll be fine.

Yeah sides that have played Brisbane and Collingwood already are lucky as I think they’ll still be very dangerous at times throughout the season.

From Round 5 to Round 13 we went 1-8 last year and then won 9 in a row. I wouldn’t endorse doing that again lol.

unlucky not to be drafted will patton had his breakout game potentially with us at westies today. 26 touches and 12 marks at chb, still need to fill out but the talent is undoubtably there. kobe ryan just continuing to do his thing, 33 touches 2 goals 9 tackles and 10 clearances, dont see how he gets overlooked in the mid season draft again.

We will meet again in Round 15 when we have Motlop, McGovern, Saad, Martin, Cerra, Marchbank and Cuninghan all playing.

Nothing I saw from Geelong should worry GWS, Port and Melbourne.
Cunningham, Martin and Motlop a bit of padding there. The others are very good players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cunningham, Martin and Motlop a bit of padding there. The others are very good players

Martin had a very good backend of last year, both he and Motlop are essential to our front 6 when we aren’t getting much from it. In saying that, I wouldn’t be handing Martin a new contract either. But it has nothing to do with ability, he just can’t stay on the park at all.

Cunningham’s spot has been taken by E Hollands. He is no longer best 22. I’ve given up on Martin, he is never on the park. Motlop is better than the competition for his spot currently in the team, but not a world beater for sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back