The Sportswashing mega thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Zidane98 , you were so adamant that Saudi Arabia wouldn’t be chosen as the World Cup hosts. I think it’s time you stopped assuming that FIFA and the various confederations will always do the right thing. They are all corrupt. Including Australia if they were paid enough money not to bid on a particular tournament.

Zidane98 , you were so adamant that Saudi Arabia wouldn’t be chosen as the World Cup hosts. I think it’s time you stopped assuming that FIFA and the various

I was adamant that if Australia put a bid in and it went to a vote Australia would likely win.

Seems Infantino also shared the same view as me hence him eliminating UEFA/CONEMBOL/AFC from 2034/2038 bidding in the most ridiculous fashion and then for no reason at all bringing bidding for the 2034 tournament 3 years forward and putting a deadline on it for no reason other than to get the Saudis in as hosts without a vote that they were going to lose.

It must also be noted that Infantino tried to get Saudi in as hosts for 2030 (he went to Italy & Greece but Saudi were determined ineligibile due to Qatar 2022) but even he couldn't manage to orchestrate that with FIFA regulations.

I was adamant that if Australia put a bid in and it went to a vote Australia would likely win.

Seems Infantino also shared the same view as me hence him eliminating UEFA/CONEMBOL/AFC from 2034/2038 bidding in the most ridiculous fashion and then for no reason at all bringing bidding for the 2034 tournament 3 years forward and putting a deadline on it for no reason other than to get the Saudis in as hosts without a vote that they were going to lose.

It must also be noted that Infantino tried to get Saudi in as hosts for 2030 (he went to Italy & Greece but Saudi were determined ineligibile due to Qatar 2022) but even he couldn't manage to orchestrate that with FIFA regulations.
That is the biggest load of horse s**t I've ever seen on this site hahaha. Kudos to you.

That is the biggest load of horse s**t I've ever seen on this site hahaha. Kudos to you.

Hahaha, are you claiming what Infantino did wasn't a direct attempt to get the Saudis in as hosts of 2034 without a bidding process?

That's blatantly obvious with the ridiculous multi confederation WC 2030 and bringing forward of 2034 bidding deadline for no real reason.

Why do you think he did these things if it wasn't to prevent a 2034 bidding process?

Really loving the new improved transparent FIFA

Well they certainly aren't hiding their corruption lol.

I'm just interested in what happens with the 2038 tournament. UEFA/CONEMBOL/AFC are out of bidding for 2034/2038 thanks to Infantino whoring himself out to the Saudis for the 2034 tournament engineered by his ridiculous 3 continent wide 2030 WC.

Leaving only OFC and CONCACAF in the running for 2038. CONCACAF doesn't have a realistic suitable host apart from Canada/USA/Mexico who are already hosting 2026.

Hahaha, are you claiming what Infantino did wasn't a direct attempt to get the Saudis in as hosts of 2034 without a bidding process?

That's blatantly obvious with the ridiculous multi confederation WC 2030 and bringing forward of 2034 bidding deadline for no real reason.

Why do you think he did these things if it wasn't to prevent a 2034 bidding process?
He obviously did it as some giant conspiracy to avoid Australia/NZ to host a world cup...

Think About It GIF by Big Potato Games

A stark warning why everyone needs to be against sportswashing

Saudi Arabia have budgeted for higher oil prices to pay for their extensive sportswashing program.

Nothing comes for free and we all lose out with higher oil prices to fund Saudi Arabia (and to a lesser extent Abu Dhabi & Qatar's) sportswashing ambitions.

Right now due to much less demand than expected OPEC are desperately trying to reduce production to push oil prices back up again. To fund PIF sportswashing a long term figure needed for the Saudis is $100 barrel. Long term oil prices are currently around the $70 mark which is not enough for the Saudis to fund their sportswashing addiction.

Ha ha, ******* he'll thats a stretch.

It's no surprise you would say that.

But it's reality. You should probably dive into this report:

Middle Eastern Sovereign wealth funds are buying up assets at a huge rate, funded by high oil prices since the pandemic ended. The clear intent is to keep oil prices high by heavily controlling supply. Demand, since the pandemic ended, is constant and mostly predictable worldwide with small variations.

If you delve into this further demand for oil is expected to gradually decline on a permanent basis so for oil rich ME nation states the time is now to drive oil prices up and buy assets for the purpose of soft power. They're able to do this being absolute monarchs. It is very notable that other resource rich nations not governed by absolute monarchs have no interest in such behavior.

Unfortunately, the loser out of all these sportswashing and/or asset building projects is going to be the average person worldwide dealing with an artificially inflated oil price. This affects everyone pretty much no matter where on the globe.

Sporting bodies are obliviously only too happy to take the short term cash injection without seeing that it's really going to harm them long term.

That's why I believe a ban on sovereign wealth funds controlled by absolute monarchies should be banned from sport.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's no surprise you would say that.

But it's reality. You should probably dive into this report:

No thanks, you're alright.

Middle Eastern Sovereign wealth funds are buying up assets at a huge rate, funded by high oil prices since the pandemic ended. The clear intent is to keep oil prices high by heavily controlling supply. Demand, since the pandemic ended, is constant and mostly predictable worldwide with small variations.

If you delve into this further demand for oil is expected to gradually decline on a permanent basis so for oil rich ME nation states the time is now to drive oil prices up and buy assets for the purpose of soft power. They're able to do this being absolute monarchs. It is very notable that other resource rich nations not governed by absolute monarchs have no interest in such behavior.

That tells me that there's one or two reasons other than funding football clubs that cause price fluctuations.

Unfortunately, the loser out of all these sportswashing and/or asset building projects is going to be the average person worldwide dealing with an artificially inflated oil price. This affects everyone pretty much no matter where on the globe.

Sporting bodies are obliviously only too happy to take the short term cash injection without seeing that it's really going to harm them long term.

That's why I believe a ban on sovereign wealth funds controlled by absolute monarchies should be banned from sport.

A ban should be banned, surprised you think that.

No thanks, you're alright.

That tells me that there's one or two reasons other than funding football clubs that cause price fluctuations.

An entirely unsurprising response. We get it, you only want to see the benefits of Abu Dhabi oil money. Probably quite disconcerting for a supporter to look at the reasons why that oil money flows so I can sorta understand your head on the sand approach.

An entirely unsurprising response. We get it, you only want to see the benefits of Abu Dhabi oil money. Probably quite disconcerting for a supporter to look at the reasons why that oil money flows so I can sorta understand your head on the sand approach.

Another stretch of the imagination from you, but at least we got to the point where you question my motives a bit earlier than you usually do.

So I'll keep my head stuck in the sand, and continue to believe that the global price of oil is contingent on a huge number of factors, and that football is a pretty insignificant one of those.

Another stretch of the imagination from you, but at least we got to the point where you question my motives a bit earlier than you usually do.

So I'll keep my head stuck in the sand, and continue to believe that the global price of oil is contingent on a huge number of factors, and that football is a pretty insignificant one of those.

The only person stretching here is yourself. PIF is much more than just football. Saudi Arabia needs higher oil prices to fund it. But I digress, you seem to know better than the financial experts at the Middle East institute in Washington.

The only person stretching here is yourself. PIF is much more than just football. Saudi Arabia needs higher oil prices to fund it. But I digress, you seem to know better than the financial experts at the Middle East institute in Washington.
From your own summary, the financial experts seem to be saying that rising fuel prices are down to a number of issues not including football.

From your own summary, the financial experts seem to be saying that rising fuel prices are down to a number of issues not including football.

"PIF needs oil prices of $100 bbl to fund its operations" is a pretty clear finding when the current long term outlook is in the 70/barrell range.

PIFS buying up everything it can get its hands on.

But I digress as apparently they are doing it out of generosity. Funding it as a genuine business investment. Couldn't possibly be tied to the price of oil which Saudi Arabia controls the supply side of.

Can I also sell you a flat earth book?

"PIF needs oil prices of $100 bbl to fund its operations" is a pretty clear finding when the current long term outlook is in the 70/barrell range.

PIFS buying up everything it can get its hands on.

But I digress as apparently they are doing it out of generosity. Funding it as a genuine business investment. Couldn't possibly be tied to the price of oil which Saudi Arabia controls the supply side of.

Can I also sell you a flat earth book?
Didn't realise PIF spent $100bn on football.

Consider me corrected.

The point I'm making is that it's fine to be against Saudi ownership of football without trying to tie everything they do to football.

I don't know the size of the industry in Saudi (and elsewhere) but there has been price fluctuations long before and there will be price fluctuations long after their involvement in football.

There are a whole host of political and economic reasons behind that, football really won't play any significant impact.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back