Movie What's the last movie you saw? (4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Into the wild - had no idea it was based on a true story about a guy who finishes high school burns his identity and all his money and sets of into the Alaskan wilderness. Enjoyable, sometimes a bit slow and maybe a bit long but overall a good movie. Directed by Sean Penn

the bit at the end with the real photo of him in front of the tram would have been a shock then. i knew it was a true story and still shocked by how similar the actor looked to him.

Foxcatcher

Extremely well made drama. You're never allowed to feel comfortable at any point, much like Channing Tatum's character. Steve Carell absolutely deserves his Oscar nomination. He is chilling as John Du Pont.

4/5

You're never allowed to feel comfortable at any point

I loved this about it and it is what makes it a wonderful film. It was just relentless from beginning to end with its gloomy/sombre tone. I knew the story before I saw the film, but Du Pont is such an odd character, that even if you are unaware of what happened, there is no escape from the feeling
that impending doom is obviously coming.

Foxcatcher - What a creeped out movie, the 3 leads brilliant, I actually paused to check online if that was Ruffalo & not some lookalike. For those planning to watch it, know as little as you can going in, I knew absolutely nothing & it pays off to do so. Would have scored higher but I felt like needing a full body scrub afterwards - 7.5/10.

Interstellar - The middle is a massive drag it was ok but extremely overated 6.5/10

John Wick - Awesome action movie best action flick I have seen in a while 8/10

The Gambler - Was pumped for this the only thing that saves this is John Goodman but still average 4/10

Gone Girl - Loved this its like no movie I have seen before great acting by all in the film 8.5/10

Taken 3 - Pretty average better then the 2nd and that's not saying much 4/10

Last edited:
Taken 3.

However low your expectations are for this movie, they won't be low enough. One of the worst movies I've ever seen. The plot was so ridiculous it has to be seen to be believed.

Whoever edited this film must have been trying to give as many people an epileptic fit as possible. All over the place. Every chase scene was an eyesore.

1/10. The 1 is for Maggie Grace being the only thing on the screen that was easy on the eye.

42 - 6/10 too much feel-goodery towards the end.

Hansel and Gretel - 1.5/10 - uninspiring.

I saw 42 on the plane to America a year or so ago. I loved it the first time but then when I had to watch it again on the plane home I found it too sentimental and soppy.

The perks of being a wallflower, hate to admit it but I was really sucked in. Not really sure why exactly I didn't think this would be my kinda movie. Enjoyed it heaps, would pick up the book if it's any good.

I thought the movie was really good so I bought the book immediately after I saw it. It's written as a sort of diary or series of letters, so if you don't like that style I wouldn't bother. I enjoyed it but I found the movie to be much better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else surprised at the money American Sniper is taking?
Eastwood must be cleaning up if he's taking a percentage of profits on this one. Crazy money.

No.

Merica loves it's heroes against the world with guns

I am surprised by American Sniper's box office success, mostly because I thought it was a really average war movie. I don't think even Zero Dark Thirty did this well, and they killed Osama in that one.

I am surprised by American Sniper's box office success, mostly because I thought it was a really average war movie. I don't think even Zero Dark Thirty did this well, and they killed Osama in that one.
Bradley Cooper

Fury -- I actually thought this was very good albeit it seemed to have a couple of scenes that dragged on a bit long. It didn't shy away showing the horrors of war. The end was improbable to say the least but I went with it. 7.5/10 from me.

Yeah but Zero Dark Thirty was very "America did ****ed up s**t".

American Sniper is "USA USA USA USA USA". They basically make it look like he went over there to avenge 9/11 for hecks sake.

Begin Again

A very well put together indie music drama. Strong performances from Keira Knightley and Mark Ruffalo (does he ever let you down?), it's a simple enough story but told in such a good way that it's well worth a watch.

4/5

Interstellar - 7.5/10

Solid movie that went 30 minutes to long in the end, nearly a 3 hour movie!!!!

Very slow, but some great scenes and the storyline had you caught up in it the whole way, was always thinking wtf is going on here?

Begin Again

A very well put together indie music drama. Strong performances from Keira Knightley and Mark Ruffalo (does he ever let you down?), it's a simple enough story but told in such a good way that it's well worth a watch.

4/5

Very good movie and surprised it doesn't get more credit.

Of course I agree with you in regards to Ruffalo. He's terrific.

Watched Martyrs again and it only confirmed that it's still one of my favourite horror movies 9/10

Anyone else surprised at the money American Sniper is taking?
Eastwood must be cleaning up if he's taking a percentage of profits on this one. Crazy money.

Martyrs is all kinds of great but totally ****ed up.

Foxcatcher

Pretty solid, if a little flat at times.

Stellar performances by Carell, Tatum and Ruffalo.

Just a shame the whole thing wasn't as gripping as say, the last hour or so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back