Movie What's the last movie you saw? (4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfume- Story of a Murderer: 7/10. Story of a loveable rogue trying to fulfill his life's ambition and the heartless people who try to stop him from achieving it.

Lol that's a different way of describing it ;)

I read the book before the film and I absolutely loved the book. I rate the film too, but you know... The book is usually superior when that is your first experience.

Along with Love in the time of Cholera and Blindness(which was a woeful film), Perfume is one of my very favorites.

Saw American Sniper enjoyed it for what it was and was entertained greatly. Bradley Cooper was great. Sienna Miller was surprisingly excellent. Really felt very different to anything Eastwood has done in terms of the film's style and narrative. In parts felt reminiscent of the Hurt Locker. The war scenes were captivating. The civilian aspect no so much. All in all very entertaining and don't really get the controversy about it. I guess i'll have to pick up the book one day. 8/10

Saw American Sniper enjoyed it for what it was and was entertained greatly. Bradley Cooper was great. Sienna Miller was surprisingly excellent. Really felt very different to anything Eastwood has done in terms of the film's style and narrative. In parts felt reminiscent of the Hurt Locker. The war scenes were captivating. The civilian aspect no so much. All in all very entertaining and don't really get the controversy about it. I guess i'll have to pick up the book one day. 8/10

yeah similar boat, good little war movie, too much America ra ra but thats standard now and no surprise its setting box office records

yeah similar boat, good little war movie, too much America ra ra but thats standard now and no surprise its setting box office records
yes a little but i did detect a fragility underneath it all. From other movies Eastwood has told is as he sees it. I think no different here in that its coming from that point of view. But whether by design, trying to give some balance or otherwise unintentional there were moments that I did sort of interpret as subtle criticisms of American patriotism and society. Or maybe that's my own opinions influencing my view of these scenes. That's the beauty of film!

Lol that's a different way of describing it ;)

I read the book before the film and I absolutely loved the book. I rate the film too, but you know... The book is usually superior when that is your first experience.

Along with Love in the time of Cholera and Blindness(which was a woeful film), Perfume is one of my very favorites.

Really enjoyed it, but thought the ending misfired. Liked the scenes with the deaths of the Tanner man, The perfumer and orphanage woman, a touch of black comedy about them.

The Dead Zone (1983) -- Revisited this old beauty and was reminded about what great story this is. It has its faults with some improbabilities but I love the questions it raises and Walken is just the man (as usual). I'll give this an 8/10.

The Dead Zone (1983) -- Revisited this old beauty and was reminded about what great story this is. It has its faults with some improbabilities but I love the questions it raises and Walken is just the man (as usual). I'll give this an 8/10.
I remember liking the book also, it's a good tale.

Deliver us from Evil - not Eric Banna's best choice. Felt like it couldn't decide if it wanted to be a dark police drama or a fully fledged horror movie. 5/10

The Leggo Movie - dont really go for this Seth McFarlane type humor. Switched it off after about 15 minutes.

Supremacy - average movie about racial hatred. Danny Glover's career really waning in it's twilight. 4/10

Mistaken For Strangers - documentary about the National and the relationship between Matt Berninger and his less successful brother who films this . Really worthwhile film if you are a fan but a great doco even if you have never heard of them. 4.5/5
Wasnt too bad.

Love their parents house in Cincinatti. Very stylish. I notice they used it in one of their music videos.

7/10

The Leggo Movie - dont really go for this Seth McFarlane type humor. Switched it off after about 15 minutes.
You sure you watched the right movie?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dumb and Dumber, To

Farrelly Bros. fire away. Some hit the target. Some miss. But they never stop firing.

Low expectations? Incredible immaturity? Both? Probably.

Anyway, there's some funny s#it in this...

Watched Martyrs again and it only confirmed that it's still one of my favourite horror movies 9/10

Anyone else surprised at the money American Sniper is taking?
Eastwood must be cleaning up if he's taking a percentage of profits on this one. Crazy money.

Thought id give this a watch... scary and disturbing are two words that come to mind

watched Wild Card.... Enjoy most Jason Statham but this one is average at best. Started off with a bit of promise but falls off dramatically by midway and pretty much died by the end..... fight scenes were good but thats about it. Had a good cast but unfortunately the script was s**t. 4/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back