Teams New England Patriots - The Pats

Remove this Banner Ad

Makes all the 3 am starts worth it :) Now I really can relax, this is the one we really wanted and after 2 shockers and man it came close again nice to remember what it feels like again after 10 years. The of field crap isn't even imortant now but I still say we havent done anything wrong last week and it will be proven in the long term as this mornings news was only one ball 2 pounds under the others were only a "tick" under. Congrats to all the long timers and congrats to the coaches and players for surviving the maw. Time to throw cash at the pro shop..

One of the more HARDCORE Pats fans of the NFL BF boards who gets my personal CONGRATS after the painstaking missed opportunities!! Well done Galactic, you DESERVE it pal!!:thumbsu::thumbsu: I can appreciate both sides of the euphoria & heartbreak!!

thumb.aspx

Also Island Bomber , pedge7 , crowman_23 and WhyAlwaysMe amongst the others (looking at you ausbacker ) who I know are legit long time TRUE fans of the Patriots.

Last edited:
One of the more HARDCORE Pats fans of the NFL BF boards who gets my personal CONGRATS after the painstaking missed opportunities!! Well done Galactic, you DESERVE it pal!!:thumbsu::thumbsu:

thumb.aspx

Also Island Bomber , pedge7 , crowman_23 and WhyAlwaysMe amongst the others (looking at you ausbacker ) who I know are legit long time TRUE fans of the Patriots.

What the * is with these posts pushing the idea that (a) ones true patriot fan-ness is connected to time on this Board and (b) that this board is some sort of exclusive club?

I saw my first live (at the ground) in 1990 while working in Boston. We sucked. We were owned by a guy (Victor Kiam) who was struggling financially and over the next couple years there were rumours of us relocating to St Louis. We sucked and wore those very red uniforms.

Can I get a list of how many of you others on here have been to Pats games before 1990? And been following for 25 years or more?

If you want this board to be an exclusive little club of insiders, well perhaps start your own board. It's pathetic.

What the **** is with these posts pushing the idea that (a) ones true patriot fan-ness is connected to time on this Board and (b) that this board is some sort of exclusive club?

If you want this board to be an exclusive little club of insiders, well perhaps start your own board. It's pathetic.

Couldn't agree more. Well said Eagle

Woodson, could you let us all know what the criteria for being a TRUE Patriots fan is ? Just dying to know so I can join The Club!

What the **** is with these posts pushing the idea that (a) ones true patriot fan-ness is connected to time on this Board and (b) that this board is some sort of exclusive club?

I saw my first live (at the ground) in 1990 while working in Boston. We sucked. We were owned by a guy (Victor Kiam) who was struggling financially and over the next couple years there were rumours of us relocating to St Louis. We sucked and wore those very red uniforms.

Can I get a list of how many of you others on here have been to Pats games before 1990? And been following for 25 years or more?

Don't be soooo precious Eagle87. Enjoy it. You shouldn't be offended by my post. I know the guys I gave a mention to. Even Beetlebum merits a mention of a 'CONGRATS' as he posts smart without throwing unnecessary fits. Since you've been around here only recently.. you can't expect to be 'duly noted' in the same breathe as the ones I know have suffered in silence. Problem?

There have been many posters of a lot of teams that scoot in by in the 'good times' and vanish quite as fast in the 'not so good times'.. Pats have been dominate a long time and you registered on BF in Aug 2005. …case in point.

Don't be soooo precious Eagle87. Enjoy it. You shouldn't be offended by my post. I know the guys I gave a mention to. Even Beetlebum merits a mention of a 'CONGRATS' as he posts smart without throwing unnecessary fits. Since you've been around here only recently.. you can't expect to be 'duly noted' in the same breathe as the ones I know have suffered in silence. Problem?

There have been many posters of a lot of teams that scoot in by in the 'good times' and vanish quite as fast in the 'not so good times'.. Pats have been dominate a long time and you registered on BF in Aug 2005. …case in point.

I didn't know this board existed til my first post which was over a year ago .... but again, what the * does that have to do with anything?

I've been posting on this board since before this season started ... And I've been a fan since 1990 ... it's not about being precious, it's about a core group on this board seeming to treat themselves as an exclusive clique and looking down their noses at others. Your checking of my registration, as an AFL fan on Big Footy and somehow using that to impugn me as a Bandwagoner is both condescending and frankly ******* stupid ....

I also didn't post in the politics thread until about 2010, but I've been voting since the 1980's... I guess in a bandwagoner there too?

As I said, stop being cliquey w***ers or start your own board. I'll be pointing out this w***er tendency every time I see it.

It isn't exclusive at all. It's a public forum (which is very welcoming of new comers)

It just comes back to people who make no meaningful contributions 364 days and then come in and gloat when their team wins the Super Bowl

If not posting here is good enough for you 99.9% of the time don't expect validation today. If you truly are a fan you'll find it elsewhere I am sure.

There is a core group of people that post here regularly - I might dislike their teams but I respect them immensely and am legitimately happy for them.

There is absolutely nothing stopping anyone from becoming part of the "clique", that's the real irony. However some would just prefer to act like heroes today and fade into obscurity until their next victory.

Couldn't agree more. Well said Eagle

Woodson, could you let us all know what the criteria for being a TRUE Patriots fan is ? Just dying to know so I can join The Club!

It's just regulars on this board. That's all. Problem? o_O Nevermind my definitions. Hoping you can post around these NFL boards for a long time to come (not necessarily often) to show you're not a fly-by-nighter… coz there are plenty happy to claim the glory now and fall away (just as quickly) when it's not so rosy (applies to all fans of any team of any code). If you had an open mind to understand where I was coming from, you wouldn't feel guilty - (read: left out) at all with my Congrats post.

I highly recommend getting the front page collage (for which I proudly own my two Steelers SB victories) to any long time fan who wants to appreciate what it takes to EMBRACE the glory that lasts forever!!

patscollage.jpg

Hehehe

I didn't know this board existed til my first post which was over a year ago .... but again, what the **** does that have to do with anything?

I've been posting on this board since before this season started ... And I've been a fan since 1990 ... it's not about being precious, it's about a core group on this board seeming to treat themselves as an exclusive clique and looking down their noses at others. Your checking of my registration, as an AFL fan on Big Footy and somehow using that to impugn me as a Bandwagoner is both condescending and frankly ******* stupid ....

I also didn't post in the politics thread until about 2010, but I've been voting since the 1980's... I guess in a bandwagoner there too?

As I said, stop being cliquey ******s or start your own board. I'll be pointing out this ****** tendency every time I see it.
Staying out of this board, means you're one of, if not the best, Patties poster here.

I've been posting here reasonably regularly for 2 years.

My first post was in 2009, I didn't post in here again until 2013 because it didn't particularly grab me....

Again, your post smacks of smug condescension which seems your stock in trade.

I'm happy to debate you on football but in the other thread all one gets is the same as the tenor of these posts I.e "who are you, you're new here".

When I first started posting in the Eagles thread all those years ago it was the same bollocks. This board does suffer from a lack of quantity in posters and a lack of diversity of style IMO. So much of the time while some mentioned are clearly fans and in some cases cluey fans there is a very cliquey feel to it much of the time with the same posters merely responding to each other. Hence my responses.

If you don't see it you're likely in the clique:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hehehe

Staying out of this board, means you're one of, if not the best, Patties poster here.

Exactly!!

There are plenty of Steeler fans who are exactly like Eagle87 in the 'temperment dept' that totally nullifies their existence. And you bet I test their credibility. Nobody wants to deal with obnoxious folk regardless who you follow, or for how long… who are not willing to 'take a step back' and look at what they're getting themselves into. TIMING IS EVERYTHING. Established forums have established members regardless how less frequent they post..

Anyways, here's one for the attention seeking Eagle87.. look fwd to reading your posts in 2015..

380-2015opponents.jpg

Exactly!!

There are plenty of Steeler fans who are exactly like Eagle87 in the 'temperment dept' that totally nullifies their existence. And you bet I test their credibility. Nobody wants to deal with obnoxious folk regardless who you follow, or for how long… who are not willing to 'take a step back' and look at what they're getting themselves into. TIMING IS EVERYTHING. Established forums have established members regardless how less frequent they post..

Anyways, here's one for the attention seeking Eagle87.. look fwd to reading your posts in 2015..

380-2015opponents.jpg

I'm happy to be a campaigner, if the alternate position is joining the smug circle jerk.....

I personally couldn't give a * about people's temperament. I'm only interested in whether they say something I find interesting or useful. As such smug little clubs of like temperament types are counter-productive IMO.

So far I've read several posts by you and by blacky that apart from patting your mates on the back and wanking on about being nice and having requisite frequent flyer miles they've added zero.

We won. I'm off to the pub here in Bangkok for a celebratory drink. :)

Does this mean I'm not a real fan?

I dont get it, if you are new to the sport in the last 10 years did you have to pick a s**t team? I mean I follow the Red Sox so it was only natural to support the Pats. I had no idea they had just won 3 out 4 Superbowl Championships

At Phoenix airport now. That was up there with the best days of my life. I'll post up some stories and photos when I get back to Australia.

I dont get it, if you are new to the sport in the last 10 years did you have to pick a s**t team? I mean I follow the Red Sox so it was only natural to support the Pats. I had no idea they had just won 3 out 4 Superbowl Championships

Similar to me. I played basketball as a kid and my first basketball idol was Larry Bird. Celtics fan.

Worked in Boston in 1990 and adopted the Sox and Pats. The 90's was largely bleak :)

The last 10+ years great.

But being treated on here as a non-fan or bandwagoner by some internet snobs is bollocks. The epitome of tech nerd type behaviour.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back