2015 Memberships

Remove this Banner Ad

The club have mismanaged their membership department to the point they have to grovel to existing members to help them get out of the hole they stuck themselves in. All for 'doing it for the club'.

How many other clubs have you heard of doing this?

Grovel? Did you go to school with Andrew Bolt?

Mate they are making a concerted effort to reconnect with supporters this year. There are many initiatives being developed that haven't yet been released to the public as a lot of them are awaiting AFL approval. Yes they are asking supporters to assist in getting involved because we don't have the money ourselves to employ membership assistants to do this for us. Theres a sustainability cycle, once we get more members perhaps the money will be there to employ more in our membership department. But the club is coming off a $1.6m statutory loss so if an appeal to supporters' loyalty results in a bit of free benefit to them then I say go for it.

How many other clubs have I heard doing this? Question I can't answer, however it's not like it was posted on Social Media or the web, it was a personal email sent to members so I don't think you need to be embarrassed by what he's said here.

Grovel? Did you go to school with Andrew Bolt?

Mate they are making a concerted effort to reconnect with supporters this year. There are many initiatives being developed that haven't yet been released to the public as a lot of them are awaiting AFL approval. Yes they are asking supporters to assist in getting involved because we don't have the money ourselves to employ membership assistants to do this for us. Theres a sustainability cycle, once we get more members perhaps the money will be there to employ more in our membership department. But the club is coming off a $1.6m statutory loss so if an appeal to supporters' loyalty results in a bit of free benefit to them then I say go for it.

How many other clubs have I heard doing this? Question I can't answer, however it's not like it was posted on Social Media or the web, it was a personal email sent to members so I don't think you need to be embarrassed by what he's said here.
You know that will get into social media and the web right? You can't cover these things up.

Trigg came out this morning and said they stuffed up. Simple as that. Using us to do their job for them isn't a good sign.

The club has been mismanaged for many years now, it's not really that much of a surprise anymore. But I digress.

If we are struggling to employ extra consultants, I don't mind the club asking the question of its members. We've always had that 'let the money men pay for it ' mentality , rather than a 'let's all pitch in' mentality. I'd prefer honesty and ideas to sweeping things under the rug in embarrassment.

So pensioners and the unemployed are now tasked with reviving our ailing supporter base. Can't see anything going wrong here...

I just cannot see how this is going to end well.

So the panacea to our membership problem is to get a bunch of people with largely no telemarketing experience to ring the disenchanted and get them to rejoin??

I realise the players have a heavy schedule but surely the only way to do this is to have players ring the fans. In my opinion there is far more chance of someone rejoining if they got a call from Juddy than if TL15 gave you a call!

Good on the club for trying but honestly this has hairs on it already. :thumbsdown:

I just cannot see how this is going to end well.

So the panacea to our membership problem is to get a bunch of people with largely no telemarketing experience to ring the disenchanted and get them to rejoin??

I realise the players have a heavy schedule but surely the only way to do this is to have players ring the fans. In my opinion there is far more chance of someone rejoining if they got a call from Juddy than if TL15 gave you a call!

Good on the club for trying but honestly this has hairs on it already. :thumbsdown:
Especially when all he talks about the whole time is TL15 :D

Especially when all he talks about the whole time is TL15 :D

...or worst still the good old days....prepare yourself for 30 minutes of Jezza, Kouta and Wayne Johnston memories!! I will bore them into renewing, it will be the lesser of the two evils!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine if Mick got allocated the Windy phone call!! :D

..............and 40yr Blue straight after. :eek:

So we're calling on fans to man the phones?
Sounds a little odd on face value but it may just work if the right people put their hand up.

Reckon the current membership staff may be getting just a little nervous right now.

No point engaging members to staff the phones unless you have a shitload to send out the membership packs. Especially considering members can get into NAB cup games free - starts in less than three weeks and my packs took three months to be sent out.

No point engaging members to staff the phones unless you have a shitload to send out the membership packs. Especially considering members can get into NAB cup games free - starts in less than three weeks and my packs took three months to be sent out.
Incorrect, club members do not get into NAB challenge for free

Remove this Banner Ad

Back