2015 Memberships

Remove this Banner Ad

I got mine prior to Christmas, but I really don't see the issue with those not having it yet. It can't be used for two months anyway.
For those of us with reserved seats, we don't have a barcode as yet and cant get our free tickets to the NAB Challenge without the barcode. Not an issue for the Etihad game but might miss out on a ticket to Bendigo. As new member this hasn't been the best impression first up.

Carlton's consistency in ******* up memberships every single year is actually quite astonishing.

As supporters we've been screaming out for consistency for a long while, but I reckon they may have misinterpreted that. :eek:

Jus fer youse intrest...

When I received that generic Happy New Year email from the Triggster a few weeks ago I fired off the following...

Thank you very much for your email.

Although it was a generic email sent out to a large group, I thought I would try replying in the hope it will get through to the relevant parties (most importantly Steven Trigg). And please don't see this as a massive whinge...I just wanted to quickly fire off my thoughts.

There is a general feeling amongst the Carlton membership base that the club's ability to efficiently engage with its members has been sub-standard for many years. Personally, any issues I have had over the course of my membership period have been minor, but there I know there are some people out there with real gripes about the professionalism and standards of service of our membership department.

Below is a link to a couple of forum threads that discuss this topic (I'm sure you are already aware of this, but again, there is no harm in trying) and no doubt you will be able to see the signs of discontent. I am well aware that two threads do not represent the entire membership, but they do contain valid concerns, and at the very least I hope the club will take the criticisms on board and have a thorough internal conversation about why such notions are out there.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2015-membership-tally-30-347-as-at-28th-january.1082077/

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2015-memberships.1079758/

The thing that really disappoints people (myself included) is that membership and interacting with the supporters is something that any club can nail (this has certainly advanced a great deal in recent years, so kudos where it's due). Winning games of football is subject to so many variables, but getting this aspect of the off-field stuff right should be far easier - arguably the most important aspect of the off-field stuff - particularly when the same problems seem to come up again and again.

Thanks for your time.
cleardot.gif

SBYM

Received the following response...

Good morning SBYM,

Thank you for your email.

On behalf of the Carlton Football Club, I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your suggestion.

I have passed your email onto the relevant department in a hope we can improve in the future.

If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact myself via email, alternatively you can contact Membership Services directly on 1300 CARLTON (1300 227 586) during business hours.

Kind Regards,

Catherine

Was expecting a knock on the door from Jezza, Sticks and Doully, but beggars can't be choosers I guess...

At least you tried SBYM

A few years ago I sent them a letter in a fit of rage and initially received a pro-forma response, but later actually got a proper reply and an invitation to the club to discuss my concerns. Maybe something like that will be coming soon...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least he's being transparent.

He is which is great.
The concern I have is if others influences, may have impact on our spend.

He have to spend money to make money and even though I said what I did earlier about Trigg, it wouldn't surprise should budgetary constraints be having impact on our membership drive.

This is Carlton after all and we do wonder whose hands are on the wheel.

As an Adelaide supporter and follower, I have a slight interest in how Trigg is performing at Carlton. I haven't been able to find the correct thread on here if there is even one

Good afternoon

As a valued member of the Carlton Football Club community – I’d like to invite you to be part of a very important initiative the Club is running on Wednesdays until April/May.

Recently our President, Mark LoGiudice and CEO, Steven Trigg set out the Club’s 10 key drivers of success.

DOWNLOAD DOCUMENT: http://www.carltonfc.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/Carlton/Documents/Drivers-of-
Success.pdf?camefrom=EMCL_458657_20524858

These Key Drivers are our focus to return this great Football Club not only to onfield success, but importantly, to reconnect with all those supporters who love this Club - but for a range of reasons – are disconnected.

HOW YOU CAN HELP

We are seeking support from our most loyal members to volunteer to help our membership team re-connect with our entire community.

On Wednesdays every week – starting 10am this Wednesday 11 February, 2015 – the Club is seeking volunteers to come into the Club and help with outbound calls to every supporter we have on our records.

Everyone is welcome, whether you can only donate 1 hour on a certain week – or you can do a few hours every Wednesday until April/May – we’d appreciate your help.

The call centre will have multiple phone lines and operate from 10am-8pm every Wednesday at the Club.

If you would like to volunteer – please send an email with your preferred availability to Billy.Madytianos@carltonfc.com.au who will be organising the roster for our volunteers.

Any question , please also direct to Billy via email or call on (03) 9389 6340.

I understand it might not be possible for you to volunteer due to other commitments, but was keen to offer our most loyal supporters the opportunity to be involved.

Yours in Navy Blue

CLINTON BOWNGeneral Manager - Consumer Business & Supporter EngagementCarlton Football ClubVisy Park, Royal Parade, Carlton North, VIC 3054P:03 93896278M: 0432 240 327E:clinton.bown@carltonfc.com.au

They're trying to avoid costs.

There's plenty out there that would do it but they'll be trying this method for two reasons:

• Cost saving
  • Cold calling Carlton supporters is going to be more successful if the person on the other end truly understands what it's like being a Carlton supporter (empathy etc etc).
Seriously embarrassing.

Dear lord, we've reached an all new low. How pathetic :thumbsdown:
Pathetic new low?? Get a grip mate

There are hundreds of thousands of people on our database, that's a fact. The club is making an effort to contact as many of them as possible, reconnect, drive membership, and get more money flowing into the club. Fact of the matter is we may not have the money to physically employ more people to do this. Club is asking those who have enough time and willingness, to come help out. Is this really such a bad thing?

I do agree with Thy though, maybe a $20 Carlton Shop Voucher for your time doesn't cost the club much at all. However I still don't think the club should be lambasted for putting this out there.

Pathetic new low?? Get a grip mate

There are hundreds of thousands of people on our database, that's a fact. The club is making an effort to contact as many of them as possible, reconnect, drive membership, and get more money flowing into the club. Fact of the matter is we may not have the money to physically employ more people to do this. Club is asking those who have enough time and willingness, to come help out. Is this really such a bad thing?

I do agree with Thy though, maybe a $20 Carlton Shop Voucher for your time doesn't cost the club much at all. However I still don't think the club should be lambasted for putting this out there.
The club have mismanaged their membership department to the point they have to grovel to existing members to help them get out of the hole they stuck themselves in. All for 'doing it for the club'.

How many other clubs have you heard of doing this?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back