Can't lose my gut.

Remove this Banner Ad

A better version of this article is Lyle Mcdonald stubborn fat protocol.

I love food, I don't want to cut out the things that make me happier than sex..

I'm 175cm - 79kg - 13% bf

I train as hard as anyone and very consistent, if only I could improve my diet id have rippling abs.

Typical day

7:30am - 2 x raisin toast + skinny latte

11am - 1x black coffee

1pm - rice & tuna canned meal

2:30pm - instant coffee with skinny milk

3pm - scour office girls desks for little chocolates or snacks

5:30pm - black coffee/skinny latte then train at gym ( always do a min 3km on tredy time around 12min). Always burn 500+ at gym and I train 6 days a week

7pm - steak + greens + sweet potatoe

9pm - search fridge for something, might find low fat low sugar yoghurt and go berserk or have an apple with sugar free peanut butter smeared all over.. Or might have an ice cream or something.

My diets fairly average but I'm
In decent enough Nic, I have a flat stomach but zero abs.. Love it get abs but I love food to much.

Iy

I train as hard as anyone and very consistent, if only I could improve my diet id have rippling abs.

Typical day

11am - 1x black coffee

5:30pm - black coffee/skinny latte then train at gym ( always do a min 3km on tredy time around 12min). Always burn 500+ at gym and I train 6 days a week

9pm - search fridge for something, might find low fat low sugar yoghurt and go berserk or have an apple with sugar free peanut butter smeared all over.. Or might have an ice cream or something.

In decent enough Nic, I have a flat stomach but zero abs.. Love it get abs but I love food to much.
your diet looks stranger than kinky sex ;)

Typical day

11am - 1x black coffee

Too much low fat crap that won't fill you up. Skinny actually makes you fatter around the gut.

No offense, but for someone that loves food so much you don't seem to eat that much of it!

I won't offer fancy advice, just focus on real food as much as possible, avoid processed food as much as possible (white flour is a processed food with no nutritional benefit).

You don't have to make massive changes to start with that you won't stick to, just a few tweaks here and there - your breakfast is one I'd definitely change though.

No offense, but for someone that loves food so much you don't seem to eat that much of it!

I won't offer fancy advice, just focus on real food as much as possible, avoid processed food as much as possible (white flour is a processed food with no nutritional benefit).

You don't have to make massive changes to start with that you won't stick to, just a few tweaks here and there - your breakfast is one I'd definitely change though.

Yeah mate, listen I try to not eat heaps and my consumption isn't huge but I love foods that aren't great for you. The morning breaky one kills me, it's like my de-stresser before work, I pop into maccas, have a coffee and toast and read the paper, I like to start the day with that. This morning I had some roasted oats, strawberry yoghurt and a bit of milk.

As I am a sweet tooth I've been eating those natures own chocolate bars, they have 5gms of fat and less sugar and carbs, the taste good as well. I forgot to mention I eat quite a lot of fruit, nectarines/apples being my favourite.

I'm tossing up what to get for lunch today.... Rice and tuna or a seafood wrap from subway.

This.

That's not that bad to be honest, the biggest alarm bell for me would probably be the raisin toast.
I used to love that s**t once apon a time. :(

That's not that bad to be honest, the biggest alarm bell for me would probably be the raisin toast.
I used to love that s**t once apon a time. :(
Ditto - although I tend to feel like crap after eating anything with bleached flour so remembering what that sort of food makes me feel like helps with avoiding cravings.
I Don't eat solid food before about 11am anyway on weekdays as a morning gym-goer

Yeah mate, listen I try to not eat heaps and my consumption isn't huge but I love foods that aren't great for you. The morning breaky one kills me, it's like my de-stresser before work, I pop into maccas, have a coffee and toast and read the paper, I like to start the day with that. This morning I had some roasted oats, strawberry yoghurt and a bit of milk.
Breakfast is a hard one - we've been hard-wired for years to eat carbs + refined carbs for breakfast.
Any chance of switching it up for eggs? Protein, and enough fat in the yolk to offer a sense of satiety which is important (any diet that makes you feel hungry most of the time is a s**t diet)

Breakfast is a hard one - we've been hard-wired for years to eat carbs + refined carbs for breakfast.
Any chance of switching it up for eggs? Protein, and enough fat in the yolk to offer a sense of satiety which is important (any diet that makes you feel hungry most of the time is a s**t diet)

My mrs and I are both fitness nuts, she is probably on another level with how strict she is however she goes to another level when it comes to sweets and ice cream as well. Anyhow when she is hell for the leather during the week she will boil eggs the night before and have them for breaky with a black coffee, and to be fair she looks frigging crazy good, I might just order her to whack on another 3 eggs for me in the morning and I will have that with a black coffee ( we have a great coffee machine at home.

How would that suit?

Starting to sort of get a gut
Will start the day with an exercise session, few weights, free body weight exercise, maybe occasional walk and swim as much as I time permits/I can physically take that early. From then work full time so through the day work maybe:
Coffee x 3 Chocolate Bar x 1-2 Maybe a muffin.

After work drinks x 7-10 then whatever I can be bothered cooking. On holidays recently generally ate and drank whatever the fu&* I felt like knowing I was moving constantly and pretty active and could work it off. Sitting at a desk all day however limits the scope. Generally I have a bit more energy/fitness to power through a day but am getting fat so am left with option a) Get fat but improve fitness/energy to maintain 24 hours vs be skinny/6 pack fit but be cooked after 4 hours awake and barely able to struggle through.

So question to the medical experts: a) What puts weight on generally?
b)How much does drinking really affect lifespan? I know literally 90 yo alcoholics vs 50 yo dead marathon runners/body builders?
c) 1 has to be cut junk food or booze when working (as ability to move around, think, burn off calories is limited) so what is best. Preferably would rather drink still.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ever buy them a chocolate and have any luck? God knows buying a drink leaves you short of coin and not much else.

Starting to sort of get a gut
Will start the day with an exercise session, few weights, free body weight exercise, maybe occasional walk and swim as much as I time permits/I can physically take that early. From then work full time so through the day work maybe:
Coffee x 3 Chocolate Bar x 1-2 Maybe a muffin.

After work drinks x 7-10 then whatever I can be bothered cooking. On holidays recently generally ate and drank whatever the fu&* I felt like knowing I was moving constantly and pretty active and could work it off. Sitting at a desk all day however limits the scope. Generally I have a bit more energy/fitness to power through a day but am getting fat so am left with option a) Get fat but improve fitness/energy to maintain 24 hours vs be skinny/6 pack fit but be cooked after 4 hours awake and barely able to struggle through.

So question to the medical experts: a) What puts weight on generally?
b)How much does drinking really affect lifespan? I know literally 90 yo alcoholics vs 50 yo dead marathon runners/body builders?
c) 1 has to be cut junk food or booze when working (as ability to move around, think, burn off calories is limited) so what is best. Preferably would rather drink still.

If I eat of drink sugary food I sit around 81-82kg and 76kg when I don't (178cm and exercise every day).

I prefer to sit around 79kg which means I need to drink or similar otherwise I get too light.

If I eat of drink sugary food I sit around 81-82kg and 76kg when I don't (178cm and exercise every day).

I prefer to sit around 79kg which means I need to drink or similar otherwise I get too light.

Sound like a similar body type to me.. I'm currently about 79kg, want to play at 78kg as an ideal.

I am he.. You're taking to him lol

I think that we could all benefit from a pic of the misses :D

Kidding mate, but in all seriousness, what are your goals? I'm sure that there are a heap of short term goals that could be achieved by "cutting" but a few changes to long term eating habits is probably more beneficial. I'm currently having a fresh vegetable blend (not just juice) in the morning and a boiled egg mid morning if I'm hungry.

I think that we could all benefit from a pic of the misses :D

Kidding mate, but in all seriousness, what are your goals? I'm sure that there are a heap of short term goals that could be achieved by "cutting" but a few changes to long term eating habits is probably more beneficial. I'm currently having a fresh vegetable blend (not just juice) in the morning and a boiled egg mid morning if I'm hungry.

I wouldn't be to good at going on a quick and heavy cut, I'd probably be grumpy and shocking to live with. Subtle changes are key, I'm not looking to be huge ( I've been there and done that in my 20s) but simply trying to keep as athletic and as fit as possible particularly as I'm opening my own fitness centre in August.

Last night I had lean beef burgers on whole mean buns that the mrs cooked but I was still starving, I ended up having a little bowl of muesli and yoghurt and a nectarine afterwards. What can you do to fix those hunger pains? Protein shakes don't cut it for me.

Pic is from mrs IG, she's a strong friggin thing..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back