Where are they now?

Remove this Banner Ad

My favourite memory of Blizz was against.... north I think? Maybe the blues, at docklands, we were a few points down and he gets the ball seriously 85 metres from goal and smacks a MONSTER torp that JUST missed the goals and went through for a point, 1 second later the siren sounded and we lost.
Was a huge kick and I still think of it :p

Yeah that was against North in 2000. Was a massive roost.

I remember a game against the Pies either later in 2000 or the following year when Bizz took a couple of absolute screamers.

It wasn't 85m. I was sitting in the medallion club. Someone hand balled it sideways and it was kicked pretty much on the line of the square at centre half forward.

Older lady near me was a bit upset and I said to her "dont worry, if they have the courage to try something like that they are going somewhere"

Nice crack at it though!

Sorry to intrude but was just reading this old post. I am close mates with Clint and you are right, he has done really well post footy. Heavily involved with his partner (Jen Adam's) media company and co-hosts the PWG travel show. One of the loveliest, most genuine salt of the earth people you will ever want to meet.

Good luck to the Cats in season 13.

One of the things that is really surprising with Bizz and with a number of other ex footballers I know is that many of them don't really follow AFL footy anymore. Almost seems like they want to get away from the whole industry once their playing days are over.

Thanks PM - My bet is 'the Bizz' is in a much happier place these days. Travel, adventure, J.A. on the arm. He's found 'the good life', post footy.

Thanks PM - My bet is 'the Bizz' is in a much happier place these days. Travel, adventure, J.A. on the arm. He's found 'the good life', post footy.

Yes HTR he is loving life at the moment. Obviously there is a bit of stress managing their own media company but I spend a fair bit of time with him nowadays and he is a true friend. One of those blokes that would do anything for his mates.

Yes HTR he is loving life at the moment. Obviously there is a bit of stress managing their own media company but I spend a fair bit of time with him nowadays and he is a true friend. One of those blokes that would do anything for his mates.
Certainly gained that impression from his Nepal(?) doco. Bizz and his mate had me p155ing myself laughing. Missed the conclusion, unfortunately. Have always wondered if his mate survived the journey :D

Thanks for the updates, P.M. - Good to hear news of another contented ex-Cat.

Wonder if anyone has seen/heard of Mark Bos. Never an in your face personality, but a gun player and bloke. Returned to the farm, IIRC, straight after retiring.

David Barclay, former not so famous #5, wonder what he's up to. Used to think he may be living in Switzerland, DTC, but evidently not.?

Certainly gained that impression from his Nepal(?) doco. Bizz and his mate had me p155ing myself laughing. Missed the conclusion, unfortunately. Have always wondered if his mate survived the journey :D

Thanks for the updates, P.M. - Good to hear news of another contented ex-Cat.

Yes mate he is co host on Places We Go now. Season 5 kicks off in March (Ch 10) and Bizz hosts a few more episodes himself including a great trip to the west coast of Canada. His mate did survive the journey haha. Although there was one episode on African safari that Bizz said he really feared for his life. If you can get your hands on that episodes, it's well worth a watch.

Wonder if anyone has seen/heard of Mark Bos. Never an in your face personality, but a gun player and bloke. Returned to the farm, IIRC, straight after retiring.

David Barclay, former not so famous #5, wonder what he's up to. Used to think he may be living in Switzerland, DTC, but evidently not.?

Here's a link to the Wagga Wagga Daily Advertiser preview of the 2011 GF, saying that he owns and works a farm near Coolamon.
The article finishes up "Wagga's Cameron Mooney is still a big chance to come into the team to replace Johnson, but Scott is not likely to make a decision until game day." Dunno why they say the Geelong papers are parochial.

http://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/story/743747/mark-bos-confident-cats-will-win/

Yes mate he is co host on Places We Go now. Season 5 kicks off in March (Ch 10) and Bizz hosts a few more episodes himself including a great trip to the west coast of Canada. His mate did survive the journey haha. Although there was one episode on African safari that Bizz said he really feared for his life. If you can get your hands on that episodes, it's well worth a watch.

Canada!... No guessing who the no.1 viewer will be when that episode airs. For all the right reasons, BC is in my top two places on the planet.
[ Licks paws in anticipation :) ] - Just going over some clips from the Nepal trip I came across the one below where Clint catches up with an old team mate from the Cats. So in keeping with this thread have posted it here - Thanks once again for your input, PM,.. it's greatly appreciated.
The hunt now begins, in search of the African Safari....

'Whatever Happened To Carl Steinfort?'

More On Carl Steinfort
A video well worth viewing.
Carl takes us through the story of the opening few months at Onni Children's House, and how the project came about.​
'09 Story from the Addy.​
Wind of Change Internationalhome page - Onni Children's House
-----------------------------​
Can't say enough good things about Geelong's policy of recruiting quality people to the club.​
How good is it to see the boys giving back, post football,.. and the wonderful successes they achieve.​

David Barclay works for Barwon Water here in Geelong

Canada!... No guessing who the no.1 viewer will be when that episode airs. For all the right reasons, BC is in my top two places on the planet.
[ Licks paws in anticipation :) ] - Just going over some clips from the Nepal trip I came across the one below where Clint catches up with an old team mate from the Cats. So in keeping with this thread have posted it here - Thanks once again for your input, PM,.. it's greatly appreciated.
The hunt now begins, in search of the African Safari....

'Whatever Happened To Carl Steinfort?'

Yes the episode in Canada covers BC and an amazing trip to a remote bear lodge. A life changing experience from all accounts.

The lucky bugger is off to Antarctica next month as well. Shattered I am missing out on that trip :(

My favourite memory of Blizz was against.... north I think? Maybe the blues, at docklands, we were a few points down and he gets the ball seriously 85 metres from goal and smacks a MONSTER torp that JUST missed the goals and went through for a point, 1 second later the siren sounded and we lost.
Was a huge kick and I still think of it :p
You mean this massive, massive roost?
vinum coupe - it wasnt in line with the square, it was about 7-10m in from the line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

good to see Mitch Brown get a (temporary) go at the Bombers for NAB Challenge. Right decision to let him go, but you hope that the players that have been delisted get another chance and/or find good homes somewhere, be it other AFL clubs, VFL, interstate or otherwise.

Would be grateful if some kind soul could indicate where the players let go over last two seasons ended up (no need of course for Bundy and Varcoe). Appreciate that this info might be in a number of different spots on the site.

Brown - Sandy VFL
Schroder - Drug Den VFL
Sheringham - Geelong VFL/Bell Park

Pods [Crows],Chapman [Drug Den],T Hunt [Rich],West [Lions]
Thanks JUBJUB

Didn't know what had become of Brown (pre NAB grab) or Schroder. Might have been better to try the SAFL or WAFL than VFL to get a chance of standing out.

Agree. He had a very successful playing/coaching career at - I think - Burnie. However, like many very good players just didn't cut-it as an elite coach. Not that he had much to work with apart from Ablett.

Nonetheless, a tenacious, fearless, hard hitting player who made his team mates stand tall. One of the first picked at his best.

Not that he had much to work with? Malcolm blight took the same squad to within a kick of a flag the very next year! Do you even watch football?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back