News Shane Rogers has quit Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

I get Hughes, but why are you happy to see the back of Rogers?

Because he has no idea of the VALUE of a draft pick.

Recruiting isn't just about picking who you like, but also about maximising your draft order....the value of your choices.

He and Hughes have been way too speculative imo....with not good results.

Because he has no idea of the VALUE of a draft pick.

Recruiting isn't just about picking who you like, but also about maximising your draft order....the value of your choices.

He and Hughes have been way too speculative imo....with not good results.

We're yet to see how his picks from this draft pan out, so that's far too soon to call. What's wrong with his picks from last draft?

SOS was like shooting fish in a barrel at GWS. It remains to be seen what he'll do for us.

What will Effendi do when we are winning flags with a settled board and successful, dynamic coaching/recruitment team?

Rejoice like the old days !!! ;)

Gotta think there is more to these sudden departures, The Log could be booting out the non-performers & bringing in better credentialled operators in an attempt to really give the administration some zing !!

If you're talking about trading pick 7, then he wouldn't have been the only person involved in that decision.

Trading Pick 7 for Jaksch, Whiley and 19 was a great move imo.

I'm not going to restart an old argument here but i am not a fan of Rogers record, either as the Head or as Senior Vice Head under Hughes.

Just my opinion. Happy to state it and also happy to read others' opinions.

Gotta think there is more to these sudden departures, The Log could be booting out the non-performers & bringing in better credentialled operators in an attempt to really give the administration some zing !!
Good luck getting better credentialed operators (if there are any left) to walk into this situation.

Big fan of the #7 to GWS deal.

Menzel was a masterstroke. Medium risk, high reward. Cripps looks the goods. This is where good teams are built, with the #6-20 picks.

Giles, Temay, Holman and Graham - if two of these guys are 150 game players, you're ahead of the curve. With Graham emerging, Giles or Holman need to hang in there and we're ahead here.

The trades are where he's shone. Apart from the #7 deal, turning Hampson and #33 into Docherty, Everitt and #39 is some next-level, reverse-magic-beans ****.

Well well well ...
Nobody at this stage can say whether his selections these last 2 years are successful or not ... time will tell .
What has been and can be said , is that his methods and rationale were seen by many to be at best different if not just plain wrong .

Menzel was a masterstroke. Medium risk, high reward. Cripps looks the goods. This is where good teams are built, with the #6-20 picks.

Giles, Temay, Holman and Graham - if two of these guys are 150 game players, you're ahead of the curve. With Graham emerging, Giles or Holman need to hang in there and we're ahead here.

The trades are where he's shone. Apart from the #7 deal, turning Hampson and #33 into Docherty, Everitt and #39 is some next-level, reverse-magic-beans ****.

Are the trades Rodgers call though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well well well ...
Nobody at this stage can say whether his selections these last 2 years are successful or not ... time will tell .
What has been and can be said , is that his methods and rationale were seen by many to be at best different if not just plain wrong .
I question how many, and whether they have ever worked in the industry or have a clue about what actually went on behind the scenes.

I think I know the answer to both.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trades are the domain of List Management and Coaches. For example, Malthouse got Everitt. And it could be suggested that SOS might have had a hand in GWS's Jaksch and Whiley.

Rogers was the recruiter.

*Edit...i see Kruzering beat me to the point.

Who also bases his picks on what the coach wants. This was said publicly in no uncertain terms several times at the end of last year.

As it should be to some extent.

It is one thing to identify the players you might want though, and another thing to not realise their draft value.

He continually spends too much on draftees.

He reaches as though he is the smartest guy in the room and the rest of the industry are dunces.

His record, including as 2IC under Hughes, doesn't allow him this luxury.....imo....and maybe in CFC's opinion now too.

As it should be to some extent.

It is one thing to identify the players you might want though, and another thing to not realise their draft value.

He continually spends too much on draftees.

He reaches as though he is the smartest guy in the room and the rest of the industry are dunces.

His record, including as 2IC under Hughes, doesn't allow him this luxury.....imo....and maybe in CFC's opinion now too.

He walked. CFC signed him to a 3 year contract that he walked out on, so I doubt it's in CFC's opinion too.

Well said.
Can see Graham getting to 100+ games all things being equal. Holman will take some time, but i think he could get there.
Giles has to get over his injury concerns fifirst and foremost.

Are the trades Rodgers call though?

Trades are the domain of List Management and Coaches. For example, Malthouse got Everitt. And it could be suggested that SOS might have had a hand in GWS's Jaksch and Whiley.

Cheers for the clarification, lads. Every though you're cockblocking my sloppy man love for Rogers ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back