No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reckon the club has threatened Hird again.
I have no idea if that's the case, but logic would probably dictate that if they opposed his first appeal back in October, they'd still be opposing him appealing again.

With the deadline for seeking special leave to the High Court closing on Friday, Essendon chairman Paul Little said he believed Hird was still undecided. Asked if the club had a position on what Hird should do, Little said: "It has, but I don't really want to share that." http://www.theage.com.au/afl/essend...-james-hirds-legal-fight-20150226-13q377.html

If Paul Little had any clue how to handle media for the benefit of club then he'd shut his mouth until Hird makes his decision. Doesn't do anyone any favours talking about it.

If Paul Little had any clue how to handle media for the benefit of club then he'd shut his mouth until Hird makes his decision. Doesn't do anyone any favours talking about it.
Can't disagree, I'm afraid.

There's really no need for him to make a comment about it at all.

Ahh forgot about that.

In that case Campbell should be the one speaking on behalf of the club via the media. Little does his best work behind close doors away from the media spotlight.
Rodski. It's much more in his job description regardless.

Heard a rumour from someone who claims to have an inside source that 28 players will be handed bans. 6 will not. ASADA will appeal the 6 players who did not get bans and Essendon will appeal for the 28 players who did get bans

How can anyone possibly know that? More likely Jones/Tribunal haven't even made their mind up yet.

Little is Chairman. Campbell is CEO. Two completely different things.

On a different note, Chip seems to think (or know already?) that Hird isn't appealing:

Chip Le GrandVerified account‏@Melbchief
@ChrisKaias @ScooterMcNeice Sorry to kill the suspense guys but Hird was never going to appeal to the High Court.

Hence why Little should have waited 24 hrs. Then Hird can announce decision (not appealing) and the club looks solid. Little makes it appear he threatened Hird into not appealing - whether he did or not that's not a good public image to portray. It just gives oxygen to media trolls...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm with yoda i want the Suns dragged through the mud for 2 years i want another team and their supporters to feel what Essendon fans been feeling for the last 2 ******* years.
I came across this forum a few weeks back as I was looking for a different place for my daily footy fix (For my own sanity I couldn't continue to read the HUN or any site associated with CW). So far I have been content to read other peoples postings as I was just happy to find a forum that didn't base their comments about the Dons current predicament purely on their hatred for the club/Hird. It has also been great to read what opposition supported think of the situation without resorting to "my club is better than yours" jibes.

Now seeing as how I am new here, I certainly don't wish to come across as disrespectful, however, I felt compelled to reply to your post. The vast majority of Suns fans, such as my family, fanatically follow another team first and foremost, but have also taken a shining to the Suns. We have watched this club grow from its infancy and genuinely hope to see them win a flag one day (just not against my team). Now, I am Bombers through and through, but being able to watch them play footy live each week is not realistic for us (once a year if we are lucky). So going to watch the Suns play enables us to watch a live game and have an emotional investment in the match. The emotions aren't the same as when the Dons win/lose, but it still feels good to ride the emotions with the rest of the supporters and club. It's kind of like a home away from home situation.

So basically I am a little disappointed that you have a desire for another club to go through what our club and supporters have had to endure for the last 2 years. If the Suns get rammed from pillar to post like Essendon have been, I fear that it could kill off a lot of their supporter base in Qld. The Suns don't have the history or fanatical supporter base to be able to survive a trial by media hate campaign like we will.

TL;DR: I'm a noob, wouldn't wish this s*** on my least favourite team (Carlton, I'm looking at you).

Hence why Little should have waited 24 hrs. Then Hird can announce decision (not appealing) and the club looks solid. Little makes it appear he threatened Hird into not appealing - whether he did or not that's not a good public image to portray. It just gives oxygen to media trolls...
It really is ridiculous that Little (or worse maybe, other people at the club) cannot grasp what really should be such a simple concept.

I came across this forum a few weeks back as I was looking for a different place for my daily footy fix (For my own sanity I couldn't continue to read the HUN or any site associated with CW). So far I have been content to read other peoples postings as I was just happy to find a forum that didn't base their comments about the Dons current predicament purely on their hatred for the club/Hird. It has also been great to read what opposition supported think of the situation without resorting to "my club is better than yours" jibes.

Now seeing as how I am new here, I certainly don't wish to come across as disrespectful, however, I felt compelled to reply to your post. The vast majority of Suns fans, such as my family, fanatically follow another team first and foremost, but have also taken a shining to the Suns. We have watched this club grow from its infancy and genuinely hope to see them win a flag one day (just not against my team). Now, I am Bombers through and through, but being able to watch them play footy live each week is not realistic for us (once a year if we are lucky). So going to watch the Suns play enables us to watch a live game and have an emotional investment in the match. The emotions aren't the same as when the Dons win/lose, but it still feels good to ride the emotions with the rest of the supporters and club. It's kind of like a home away from home situation.

So basically I am a little disappointed that you have a desire for another club to go through what our club and supporters have had to endure for the last 2 years. If the Suns get rammed from pillar to post like Essendon have been, I fear that it could kill off a lot of their supporter base in Qld. The Suns don't have the history or fanatical supporter base to be able to survive a trial by media hate campaign like we will.

TL;DR: I'm a noob, wouldn't wish this s*** on my least favourite team (Carlton, I'm looking at you).

Fair enough.

It really is ridiculous that Little (or worse maybe, other people at the club) cannot grasp what really should be such a simple concept.
At the same time it was a pointless article by the age that added nothing new.

No answer either way. One would be known for them in less than 24 hours.

When a few days ago the paper complained Essendon were ruining another season. Yet they fuel it a few days later.

Only issue I have is that the other clubs had the chance to tell the AFL to let this mess be sorted out fairly and properly. Instead they told the AFL commission to end it and supported Essendon receiving whatever punishment was necessary to end the saga.

So why on earth we would feel one iota of sympathy for any other team that when provided the opportunity to do the right thing, sided with the AFL/Evil.

My empathy for all other clubs is dead because of this. You make the bed you sleep in.

And that especially goes for GC who hired Dank and Robinson, and as far as I can tell, is likley to have the ONLY player who tested positive for a banned substance and is the AFL love child. Oh did I mention that the AFL paid squillions to a Rugby player so he could allegedly buy drugs for his teammates?

Did I miss anything?

PS Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride. :)

At the same time it was a pointless article by the age that added nothing new.

No answer either way. One would be known for them in less than 24 hours.

When a few days ago the paper complained Essendon were ruining another season. Yet they fuel it a few days later.

How are Essendon ruining another season? really annoys me.

Not the clubs fault that it's going to take at least a month for the tribunal to make a decision.

My empathy for all other clubs is dead because of this. You make the bed you sleep in

That's pretty much how i feel.

You might not agree but I'm more than happy to have Hird as coach even if players are banned why should we sack him just to appease the masses i only care what's good for Essendon now.

You have information of Hird letting it go?

We've had illicit drugs scandals. We've had PED scandals. We've had sex-related scandals. We've had salary cap scandals. We've had tanking scandals.

The one type we haven't had a major one of in the AFL is match or spot fixing. I hope so badly it never happens but my cynicism tells me otherwise. If and when that happens....there's no telling what the damage could be.

Had spot fixing - Read Nick Maxwell and Nathan Bock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back