Media ClarkeMedia presents: The SFA Math Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The SFA Math Thread

kids-spell-math.jpg

Welcome to the SFA Math Thread where we can discuss all types of math facts and trivia such as, “How many premierships have the West Coast Wonders won?” and “How do I do percentages for the SFA ladder?” (inspired by Kerrby).

From the creator of the SFA Kindergarten, the idea for an SFA Math Thread was created when bffl referred to the math thread despite there never being one. He then continued to prove that there are still SFA players out there who have absolutely no idea when it comes to math and most importantly, statistical-based banter. I have thus, taken it upon myself to open up the forum of the wonderful world of math.

mm8_kids1.gif

We have some great and wise minds here in the league including our statistical juggernauts in Eth and Broken with plenty at their heels and what is one of the best things about this league is in fact, the stats!

Now, I’m not one to brag any less than 99% of the time but my stats are quite good although, they will be taking a small hit this year as I spend my time resting in the goal square where I’ve currently gone for 10 disposals with 9 goals and 1 behind. I also am not a complete idiot when it comes to statistical data and so, I would love to share with you a platform for anybody having difficulties with math to come forward and we can try to help them realise what they’re doing wrong and by how much they are getting it wrong by.
Xsoxo1Ci2nupSfR6-ifM3GCdBs17oJvzCNzJCPBrwv5kibRGgzSEvkA2S8odpeFnBz0=w300

I’ll be taking the first lesson of the day and today, we’re going to look at averages.

What’s an average? The average is the concept of finding the middle of a set of data and there are a few versions of doing so. Most popularly, we have the Mean, Median and Mode methods of categorising data ranges.

Let’s look at what each of these mean:

Mean - Is the sum of all the data, then divided by the number of piece of data there are e.g. 4, 2, 1, 9, 8, 12 = 36. Then we divide the 36 by the number of the data pieces we have, in this case, 6. 36/6 = 6. 6 is the mean.

Median - Is the centre number when the data is lined up in an ascending or descending order e.g. 140, 141, 148, 190, 199 would mean that 148 would be the median of the range of data provided.

Mode - Is the most frequent number used in a range of data e.g. 1, 3, 5, 4, 3, 6, 2, 4, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 5, 4, 2, 2, 2 would identify that “2” is the mode of the range of data.​

Hope that helps :).

The SFA Math Thread

kids-spell-math.jpg

Welcome to the SFA Math Thread where we can discuss all types of math facts and trivia such as, “How many premierships have the West Coast Wonders won?” and “How do I do percentages for the SFA ladder?” (inspired by Kerrby).

From the creator of the SFA Kindergarten, the idea for an SFA Math Thread was created when bffl referred to the math thread despite there never being one. He then continued to prove that there are still SFA players out there who have absolutely no idea when it comes to math and most importantly, statistical-based banter. I have thus, taken it upon myself to open up the forum of the wonderful world of math.

mm8_kids1.gif

We have some great and wise minds here in the league including our statistical juggernauts in Eth and Broken with plenty at their heels and what is one of the best things about this league is in fact, the stats!

Now, I’m not one to brag any less than 99% of the time but my stats are quite good although, they will be taking a small hit this year as I spend my time resting in the goal square where I’ve currently gone for 10 disposals with 9 goals and 1 behind. I also am not a complete idiot when it comes to statistical data and so, I would love to share with you a platform for anybody having difficulties with math to come forward and we can try to help them realise what they’re doing wrong and by how much they are getting it wrong by.
Xsoxo1Ci2nupSfR6-ifM3GCdBs17oJvzCNzJCPBrwv5kibRGgzSEvkA2S8odpeFnBz0=w300

I’ll be taking the first lesson of the day and today, we’re going to look at averages.

What’s an average? The average is the concept of finding the middle of a set of data and there are a few versions of doing so. Most popularly, we have the Mean, Median and Mode methods of categorising data ranges.

Let’s look at what each of these mean:

Mean - Is the sum of all the data, then divided by the number of piece of data there are e.g. 4, 2, 1, 9, 8, 12 = 36. Then we divide the 36 by the number of the data pieces we have, in this case, 6. 36/6 = 6. 6 is the mean.

Median - Is the centre number when the data is lined up in an ascending or descending order e.g. 140, 141, 148, 190, 199 would mean that 148 would be the median of the range of data provided.

Mode - Is the most frequent number used in a range of data e.g. 1, 3, 5, 4, 3, 6, 2, 4, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 5, 4, 2, 2, 2 would identify that “2” is the mode of the range of data.​

Hope that helps :).
200.gif

CONEY ISLAND WARRIORS REMEDIAL MATHS TEST

200251-power-to-the-bogans.jpg

Question One:
Darren, Wayne and Nathan (pictured) all play for the Coney Island Warriors. It is 2 days before pension day and they want to buy a Goon Bag.
Darren stole $3.50 from his mum's purse.
Wayne found $0.20 cents on the ground at Seaford Station
Nathan Stole a T.V. set from his next door neighbors, which he sells at Cash Converters for $15.00

How much money do the boys have in total to buy their Goon Bag?

Question Two:
When the boys get to Liquorland, they find it is their LUCKY DAY. Their preferred Goon Bag is on special for $16.50. How much change will they receive if they don't shoplift the Goon Bag, but pay for it with their accumulated funds?

Question Three:
How much additional money will they have to steal if they want to buy two Goon Bags?

Answers:
Question One: $18.70
Question Two: $2.20
Question Three: $14.30

#ladygagawarriors
#coneyislandwarriorshavefunnybones

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are far far far to smart to be a Swamprat
It's not that hard.

A dude 100s of years ago named Pythagoras proved that you could determine the length of a side of a triangle as long as you knew the other two side lengths with a simple formula:

a^2 = b^2 + c^2

In this case, we know side a is x, side b is 3 and side c is 4. So subbing in we get

x^2 = 3^2 +4^2
x^2 = 9+16
x^2= 25

To make x^2 into x you take the squareroot. But what you do to one side must be done to the other

Sqrt(x^2) = sqrt(25)
x=5

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_theorem

It's not that hard.

A dude 100s of years ago named Pythagoras proved that you could determine the length of a side of a triangle as long as you knew the other two side lengths with a simple formula:

a^2 = b^2 + c^2

In this case, we know side a is x, side b is 3 and side c is 4. So subbing in we get

x^2 = 3^2 +4^2
x^2 = 9+16
x^2= 25

To make x^2 into x you take the squareroot. But what you do to one side must be done to the other

Sqrt(x^2) = sqrt(25)
x=5

You are far far far to smart to be a Furie :p

It's not that hard.

a^2 = b^2 + c^2

x^2 = 3^2 +4^2
x^2 = 9+16
x^2= 25

Sqrt(x^2) = sqrt(25)
x=5

Or you could just do this.

upload_2015-2-27_16-45-51.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back