Game Day NAB Round 1 Crows v Kangaroos, 1 March @ 4.10

Remove this Banner Ad

Not too concerned about that last quarter fade out at this stage. North had a far stronger midfield than us out there in the last part of the game. We played CEY/Martin in the square for pretty much the whole quarter FFS vs. Dal Santo/Cunnington/Higgins. Crouch nowhere to be seen (assume he was rested), Lyons was coming off a wing, Siggins was on Waite, we had young Wigg on a back flank and a beanpole in O'Brien vs. an athletic monster in Daw.

Last edited:
I see the game for what it is. I'm not pretending its a prelim. But "elite standards" and "no short cuts" and "build a winning culture" don't mesh with that sort of lame fade out. Hope they get reminded what elite standards means.

Agree 100%. Tbh the style of play under Walshy, as well as the first pre-season game in the heat probably took it out of the players a lot as well.

Can't help but feel a bit sour after that last quarter.

[QUOTE
Not too concerned about that last quarter fade out at this stage. North had a far stronger midfield than us out there in the last part of the game. We played CEY/Martin the the square for pretty much the whole quarter FFS vs. Dal Santo/Cunnington/Higgins. Crouch nowhere to be seen (assume he was rested), Lyons was coming off a wing, Siggins was on Waite, we had young Wigg on a back flank and a beanpole in O'Brien vs. an athletic monster in Daw.
yeah I know right? There were other objective in the coaches box.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at the positives:
We won
We blooded 5 players and I think we've found a gem in Ramsey
VB looked good in his first game in over a year
We tried different guys in different positions to find out what they're worth
Luke Brown toweled up Lindsey Thomas the dirty sook

Did anyone else think Jaensch looked a little quicker today? He made a very nice run in that last quarter but it could very well have been a slow opponent he was running from.

In the middle for 3 quarters it was the B team in the middle, then for the last quarter Walsh swapped it to the C team, this is why North got a free run. Blind freddy could see this. Regardless, it is rnd 1 NAB challenge, these games do not matter, all they are, are hit outs to build fitness and composure for the home and away season. Now if in rnd 1 Walsh is pulling the A team out of the middle for the entirely of the last quarter and playing spuds in there, well then you can get back to me.

Not too concerned about that last quarter fade out at this stage. North had a far stronger midfield than us out there in the last part of the game. We played CEY/Martin the the square for pretty much the whole quarter FFS vs. Dal Santo/Cunnington/Higgins. Crouch nowhere to be seen (assume he was rested), Lyons was coming off a wing, Siggins was on Waite, we had young Wigg on a back flank and a beanpole in O'Brien vs. an athletic monster in Daw.
Yep, was a bit of a SANFL side.

I didn't see any desperate moves or tactics to suggest Walsh would be too perturbed. He will have to say it's not good enough of course, but I don't think he's going to go home and smash a vase.
Think we dont want to give to much away as well seeing as we play them in Rd 1

I didn't see any desperate moves or tactics to suggest Walsh would be too perturbed. He will have to say it's not good enough of course, but I don't think he's going to go home and smash a vase.
Think we dont want to give to much away as well seeing as we play them in Rd 1

panic_button.jpg

Some people need to breathe, first game of preseason and there's squawking about fade outs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back