EASTWESTDOGS

Team Captain
Dec 27, 2011
East Keilor
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Football Club
Tom Williams was the most cursed Bulldog with injury that I can remember.
He is now a player agent and his first client is Libba he has passed the curse on and I call on Tom Williams to not represent any Bulldog players at all and only players from other clubs.

I blame:

- The goal umpire in the 97 Preliminary Final for not paying Libba's point as a goal
- Mark West and James Cook for missing easy shots in the last quarter in the 97 Preliminary Final
- Paul Hudson for not shepherding
- Terry Wallace for not moving someone else on to Darren Jarman in the 97 Preliminary Final or telling our worst player to just give him a right hook and knock him out
- Terry Wallace for playing Libba on McLeoud and Smith on Robran in the 1998 Preliminary Final
- The entire team in the 1999 final against West Coast for putting in a disgraceful performance
- Terry Wallace for leaving our list in a rubbish state in 2002 and then leaving
- Nathan Brown for nicking off to Richmond when he was our best player
- Peter Rohde/Stephen Newport for being the worst coach/football manager I've ever seen, squandering plum draft picks and bringing in Koops, Street etc
- Rodney Eade for not addressing our lack of a key forward much earlier than when he went for Barry Hall
- The entire team for their disgraceful performance in the 2008 final against Hawthorn
- The umpire in the last quarter of the 2008 final against Geelong for not paying Brad Johnson a free kick in the last quarter
- The entire team for a poor performance - after being in red hot form in the weeks prior - in the 2009 final against Geelong
- Brian Lake for stupidly giving Nick Riewoldt the chance to take a swan dive in the 2009 Preliminary Final
- Nick Riewoldt for disgracefully taking a swan dive in the 2009 Preliminary Final
- The umpire in the 2009 Preliminary Final for awarding Nick Riewoldt with a free kick and a goal for his swan dive in the 2009 Preliminary Final
- The umpires in the 2009 Preliminary Final for several other disgraceful decisions
- Lindsay Gilbee, Callan Ward and Ryan Griffen amongst others for missing easy shots in the 2009 Preliminary Final
- Tom Williams for constantly being injured
- Shaun Higgins for constantly being injured
- Ryan Griffen for leaving and the way in which he handled the leaving
- Brendan McCartney for being an average (at best) coach and alienating players and football department staff by acting like a campaigner
- Liam Jones for being a sook and nicking off after all the chances and faith we'd shown him
- Really ****en awful bad luck for Libba doing his knee ten minutes into a pissy practice match

Aside from that I'm all right :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Colin Dell went ok in the #12 - came from Yallourn, and was the first treasurer of the Player's Association in March 1974 as a 21-year old!

I blame:

- The goal umpire in the 97 Preliminary Final for not paying Libba's point as a goal
- Mark West and James Cook for missing easy shots in the last quarter in the 97 Preliminary Final
- Paul Hudson for not shepherding
- Terry Wallace for not moving someone else on to Darren Jarman in the 97 Preliminary Final or telling our worst player to just give him a right hook and knock him out
- Terry Wallace for playing Libba on McLeoud and Smith on Robran in the 1998 Preliminary Final
- The entire team in the 1999 final against West Coast for putting in a disgraceful performance
- Terry Wallace for leaving our list in a rubbish state in 2002 and then leaving
- Nathan Brown for nicking off to Richmond when he was our best player
- Peter Rohde/Stephen Newport for being the worst coach/football manager I've ever seen, squandering plum draft picks and bringing in Koops, Street etc
- Rodney Eade for not addressing our lack of a key forward much earlier than when he went for Barry Hall
- The entire team for their disgraceful performance in the 2008 final against Hawthorn
- The umpire in the last quarter of the 2008 final against Geelong for not paying Brad Johnson a free kick in the last quarter
- The entire team for a poor performance - after being in red hot form in the weeks prior - in the 2009 final against Geelong
- Brian Lake for stupidly giving Nick Riewoldt the chance to take a swan dive in the 2009 Preliminary Final
- Nick Riewoldt for disgracefully taking a swan dive in the 2009 Preliminary Final
- The umpire in the 2009 Preliminary Final for awarding Nick Riewoldt with a free kick and a goal for his swan dive in the 2009 Preliminary Final
- The umpires in the 2009 Preliminary Final for several other disgraceful decisions
- Lindsay Gilbee, Callan Ward and Ryan Griffen amongst others for missing easy shots in the 2009 Preliminary Final
- Tom Williams for constantly being injured
- Shaun Higgins for constantly being injured
- Ryan Griffen for leaving and the way in which he handled the leaving
- Brendan McCartney for being an average (at best) coach and alienating players and football department staff by acting like a campaigner
- Liam Jones for being a sook and nicking off after all the chances and faith we'd shown him
- Really ****en awful bad luck for Libba doing his knee ten minutes into a pissy practice match

Aside from that I'm all right :)

I blame the players for going out on the p1ss in the week of the 1974 elimination final down at Barwon Heads or wherever it was, and then all playing like **** on game day. Instead of celebrating making the finals for the first time in 13 years as the end result, the stupid bastards should have done everything possible to set themselves for a big game. Lots of those guys were my heroes back in those days, but apparently they all got on the turps. We'd won 6 in a row, Pies were coming off three losses, and we kicked 1.10, 2.0 and 0.8 in the last three quarters to 5.0, 3.3 and 6.1 after being 17points down at quarter time. So 3.18 to 14.4 in 3 quarters, against a team with a few standouts and lots of foot soldiers, while we fielded Dempsey, Gallagher, Huppatz, Jennings, Magee, Parke, Quinlan, Sandilands, Stoneham, Round, amongst others.

THAT was the start of all our troubles, then came Sachse the next year, leading the elim in 76 until the last few minutes against Geelong, then 9 years in the wilderness, and so on...

Those players in that 74 side should all talk to our current list en masse, and say "sorry fellas, 40+ years ago we ****ed up, and so one night this year, we will all appear at training together, to get the monkey off our back, and change the course of history...." Then they should all write me a personal letter apologising for the angst I've suffered as a supporter ever since, and apologise to everyone involved on Leon's list for jixing our club ever since.

And as for the administrators of our club in the 1970s, they're as much to blame as the players...

I could go on and on, but I would only break down and sit in a corner and start rocking again. I loved the 70s as a young kid barracking for his club, but looking back now, what a ******* wasted period for our club with all the on-field talent we had at our disposal. We had as much talent as some of the power teams of the era - and have absolutely jack-**** to show for it. :(

And you young whipper-snappers complain about the 90s... :p

In between Ivan and Leon, (in no particular order)
I blame Nick Columb for under estimating us
I blame Ross Oakley for trying
I blame Brad Hardie for not picking up Leigh Matthews
I blame Paul Dear for breaking Peter Fosters leg
I blame Super for giving away a free kick in the last 30 seconds to give Carlton their ONLY goal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back