James Hird's Essendon story has yet to be told - The Age

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not interested in sides of the story, I just want the plain truth to come out.

He's welcome to his opinion, and he clearly declares his bias (unlike some others writing on the subject), and Fairfax is welcome to run it. But I'm with you. Gimme a decision, and show me ALL the evidence, then I'll be interested in comment and analysis.

Essendon to date have been adroit at not letting the truth out. Stupid article. And poorly written too. A bit like those consent forms.

It still puzzles many Essendon fans as to why Hird was aggressively targeted and nominated as the architect.

Why has Hird not flatly denied being injected "30-odd" times with hexarelin? Instead he hid behind "These claims are horrifying to me, and are being made by a person or people who appear determined to destroy my reputation".

For a bloke who's supposedly breaking his neck to get the truth out, he's spent most of his time trying to avoid or suppress it. That is why nobody believes James Hird.

"James Hird drove everything."
- Dean Robinson

Why has Hird not flatly denied being injected "30-odd" times with hexarelin? Instead he hid behind "These claims are horrifying to me, and are being made by a person or people who appear determined to destroy my reputation".

For a bloke who's supposedly breaking his neck to get the truth out, he's spent most of his time trying to avoid or suppress it. That is why nobody believes James Hird.

"James Hird drove everything."
- Dean Robinson
Don't forget he also tried to get evidence hidden in his first court appearance, because it was "embarrassing"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come on Echols..."heres the thing guys...you aren't going to believe this but it was all one big coincidence"

How is the book coming along?
Everytime I think I've got all the coincidences in and covered, out pops another one.

It's going to be sold as a library, "world book" style.

Wonder how Rohan got that article past his vitriolic campaigner of a boss
I wonder why he would want to?

Only Essendon supporters would read that and not question its purpose, how long until the bill for this puff peice appears on the EFC's books?

I wonder if it is a last chance to remind us of what a champ good ol' Hirdy is and how he had nothing to do with anything at the club at all, after all as head coach he was obviously never even there and certainly there was no involvement in the football department o_O

Is this the final pr exercise to #standbyhird before the charges against his players are proven?

Last edited:
James Hird can't tell his story because they won't let him.
Don't know why he won't tell his story now

His not going to court anymore, he has any right now

He finally has the privileges of an ordinary Australian after all. Why not take Essendon to court if they don't like the result like he did with ASADA

I have mixed feelings.

I love a bit of a fan passion, none of us would be on a forum called Bigfooty if we didn't love the game.

Yet as I continue to read, I'll admit it gets creepy.

Actually, it paints an extremely rose coloured environment that cocooned Hird all these years, and probably makes me better understand how it got to #standbyhird

By understand, I mean that I get now that a fan base for the most admits to esteeming an individual over it's footy club, not that I understand why they would.

They will struggle until they realise it should be #standbyessendon IMHO

Maybe one day James will drop the charade and tell us all exactly why he's gone to great lengths to keep certain aspects of what ASADA turned up out of the, let's just say, "traffic"?

Nah, I don't think so either.

But it quickly became clear that much of the barbs, anger and vitriol wasn't directed so much at Essendon, or sports scientist Stephen Dank, but to just one man: the coach.

Hird was senior coach when this happened and declared in that first press conference that he would take full responsibility. Since then he has done nothing to shoulder that responsibility whilst others have fallen - to the contrary he has attempted at every turn to shift responsibility away from himself.

It still puzzles many Essendon fans as to why Hird was aggressively targeted and nominated as the architect. In today's complex management structures, Hird was on the periphery of the supplements program.

He was balls deep - "Not as good as ours", "united nations skills" .......

Hird's 12-month suspension in August 2013 saw his entire life dragged through the mud, let alone his football legacy. And yet people still refuse to acknowledge simple facts such as his contrition about the supplements saga. Many claim Hird remains unrepentant, but he has apologised on three separate occasions –to the AFL Commission, to Essendon fans through the club website, and to the general public

Apologised for what, pray tell? His court submission said he was bullied into accepting the AFL penalty and accepted it against his will so its fair to suggest his "apology" was similarly forced as he believes nothing wrong was done. He is unrepentant and far from wanting the truth to come out he has actively litigated to prevent that truth from seeing the light of day

I have said previously that I admired Hird greatly as a player. He was all you want a footballer to be - talented, courageous, fair, competitive and didn't carry on like a knob on the playing field. The way he has conducted himself since this scandal first became public knowledge has done James Hird no credit whatsoever as he has come across as a spoilt entitled brat, a golden child mentality that has been reinforced by the attitude of Essendon supporters like the one who wrote this article unable to countenance that he ****ed up.

That is why he has been lambasted and rightly so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back