2015 Memberships

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we are seeing the long term impacts from our draft penalties. It left many disenfranchised and turned away a large section of the next generation of supporters. Thanks AFL, unfortunately our club bears the brunt.

At least evil personified - aka ron evans - got what he wanted

Just don't get why you get all those blockbuster games. Sure haven't earned it.

Carlton built it's crowds, and it's "blockbuster" rivalries over it's history

It has earned the right to have those games treated with the respect they deserve

After 15ish years in the wilderness, they still pull a crowd, and still get people watching/listening.

Their issue is an administrative one. They had members trying to sign up, but the club failed them. That doesn't make them less of a draw, it just makes them a rabble :)

Carlton built it's crowds, and it's "blockbuster" rivalries over it's history

It has earned the right to have those games treated with the respect they deserve

After 15ish years in the wilderness, they still pull a crowd, and still get people watching/listening.

Their issue is an administrative one. They had members trying to sign up, but the club failed them. That doesn't make them less of a draw, it just makes them a rabble :)

Wowee. That was almost totally respectful! :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some terible calls this morning on KB..previous members who haven't renewed

One guy & his son had a 3 game membership last year (all he can afford) it automatically renewed but the child one renewed as an adult, $95 he rang the club and was told sorry, we dont have a child 3 game anymore, the extra $ was an issue, and rightly so he wasn't happy about the price increase or not being previously advised, he pointed out to the club, that a full child membership (general admission I'm guessing) was $65 ...the club said oh yeh so it is, so treated him like a mug and the pricing structure is wrong.

So this bloke hasn't renewed as is p1ssed off, rightly so, many other callers with cringe worthy callers, feeling embarassed and angey myself, mainly with the previous admin who did not address issues that have flowed over into the new admin.

As members we are customers, you can't treat your customers this way.

Feel like contacting Trigg and saying if you can identify this bloke I will buy the memberships for him

Melbourne is also an old and once very successful club. Carlton needs to connect with fans urgently. I see it as a rich person's plaything at the moment, not the people's club.
Have to say, we were never the people's club.

Some terible calls this morning on KB..previous members who haven't renewed

One guy & his son had a 3 game membership last year (all he can afford) it automatically renewed but the child one renewed as an adult, $95 he rang the club and was told sorry, we dont have a child 3 game anymore, the extra $ was an issue, and rightly so he wasn't happy about the price increase or not being previously advised, he pointed out to the club, that a full child membership (general admission I'm guessing) was $65 ...the club said oh yeh so it is, so treated him like a mug and the pricing structure is wrong.

So this bloke hasn't renewed as is p1ssed off, rightly so, many other callers with cringe worthy callers, feeling embarassed and angey myself, mainly with the previous admin who did not address issues that have flowed over into the new admin.

As members we are customers, you can't treat your customers this way.

Feel like contacting Trigg and saying if you can identify this bloke I will buy the memberships for him

I'll go halvies esqy.

On field success is what we need, we expect it, fair weather supporters jump on and off

A few years ago, i was shopping around for a new energy supplier, one company was offering a Richmond membership for any new customers to switch....

Is this what we have to do? Pet memberships? A couple of hens in the yard I could sign up..

Last edited:
On field success is what we need, fair weather supporters jump on and off

A few years ago, i was shopping around for a new energy supplier, one company was offering a Richmond membership for any new customers to switch....

Is this what we have to do? Pet memberships? A couple of hens in the yard I could sign up..
we have a 3 year window, my boy is 2 and we live in Hawthorn. All his mates will probably be Hawks supporters. Unless we build a great team by the time he is 5, and regularly beat the Hawks, I fear he may be lost to Carlton and I will have to disown him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back