Bombers
Eagles
Giants
Pies
Dogs
Blues
Demons
Saints
Sam so bitter towards us... He really wanted to play for us but we told him to heck off. Would've tasted premiership success if it went through

You stupid stupid man.

My apologies in advance for this rant.

People wonder why it took so long for Australia to get to host the cricket world cup again. Finally we get to host the tournament 23 years after last hosting it, in the five tournaments since Aust has won 3, runner-up once and bowed out in the semi final the other. On performances we have been due the honor of hosting for a while. So now it's here.

Thurs: playing in the semi final at the SCG - The Sydney morning herald has no mention of cricket at all in the back 5 pages!! Friday having won the semi in dominant fashion. The SMH has no mention of cricket on the back 7 pages!! Embarrassing. I don't know what the Melbourne papers are like. All I can say is thank F#ck the tribunal is coming back until after the final.

Rant over!!

EDIT - I also hate just having the back 6 pages on Rugby League. The price of living in Sydney.....

Last edited:

People wonder why it took so long for Australia to get to host the cricket world cup again. Finally we get to host the tournament 23 years after last hosting it, in the five tournaments since Aust has won 3, runner-up once and bowed out in the semi final the other. On performances we have been due the honor of hosting for a while. So now it's here.

Thurs: playing in the semi final at the SCG - The Sydney morning herald has no mention of cricket at all in the back 5 pages!! Friday having won the semi in dominant fashion. The SMH has no mention of cricket on the back 7 pages!! Embarrassing. I don't know what the Melbourne papers are like. All I can say is thank F#ck the tribunal is coming back until after the final.

Rant over!!
No one cares until the final. It's just expected we would make it :p

Rant over!!
We've won 4.

No one cares until the final. It's just expected we would make it :p

it is the labourious tournament. 6 weeks of utter crap. had it been held before xmas there would have been a lot more interest. But because it has run into the footy season. (NRL has started and the AFL has been delayed), people dont give a crap. Cricket naturally dies off in peoples minds after xmas or at least untill after the Sydney test.

Rant over!!

Personally I never wondered why it took so long for it to be held here, I do wonder why they bother having it at all though

Fair enough for the early stages. We are at the pointy end Pointy end now, with Australia still in the tournament. Not to worry, it just means that we can't complain when we don't see the tournament here for 30 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Power
Swans
Hawks
Suns (lol)
Dockers
Cats
Giants
Lions
Norf
Tigers
Crows