Position 2015 SuperCoach rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 119374
Gone with a set and forget look on this year. Goldstein is the best ruckman in the league and is well discounted at the price. Nic Nat is the best tap ruckman in the game and now he's fit he can actually show it. Naismith looks like Sydney's number 1 this year in tandom with Tippett (I don't know whats happened to Mike Pyke there) so I'll use him as a money maker (wouldn't expect him to score that high so 80-100k over 10-12 games). Thoughts?
That is not the set and forget lol. NN is a massive risk, the most injury prone ruckman going around!!

Nic Nat's games played in his last 5 seasons:
You know as well as I do that the above stats are very misleading for him. He has battled this groin / back / whatever the hell it is, for at least 2 years or more now. Hence his low average the last 2 years.

Going with a set and forget combo of Goldy/Jacobs, plus a R/F DPP at R3.

Durability of both has been good, and as much as it is a lot of cash, I hopefully won't need to do anything with the line all year.

If a short-term injury comes up, I'll bring in Ryder/Lycett/Bellchambers and switch them from the forwards via the DPP.

Why..before pyke?
Or as well as pyke?

Be a bloody top heavy team

Over Pyke, Naismith has been preffered all preseason, I haven't heard anything about Pyke. Naismith and Tippett look to be the combination. Sydney might even go weirder than that and go Tippett/Sam Reid and fit an extra tall in there somewhere. I'd think that'd be unlikely though

That is not the set and forget lol. NN is a massive risk, the most injury prone ruckman going around!!

Played 20 games last year carrying an injury, he's alot safer than Maric. Maric has played more than 15 games once in his career.

Played 20 games last year carrying an injury, he's alot safer than Maric. Maric has played more than 15 games once in his career.
You said it yourself, played 20 games last year carrying an injury. It is the reason he only averaged a touch over 90. He again is going through the same issues. Of course he is safer than Maric, however he is not a set and forget like you are saying dude. Set and forget is like Jacobs / Mummy / Goldy / Sandi

You said it yourself, played 20 games last year carrying an injury. It is the reason he only averaged a touch over 90. He again is going through the same issues. Of course he is safer than Maric, however he is not a set and forget like you are saying dude. Set and forget is like Jacobs / Mummy / Goldy / Sandi

Mummy and Sandi are not set and forget, but agree with everything else your saying.

NicNat is a 50/50 at this stage, NAB cup didbnt give me a lot of confidence, would really like to see if he will be at full flight or not.

Over Pyke, Naismith has been preffered all preseason, I haven't heard anything about Pyke. Naismith and Tippett look to be the combination. Sydney might even go weirder than that and go Tippett/Sam Reid and fit an extra tall in there somewhere. I'd think that'd be unlikely though
I must admit I only saw the third Sydney nab cup game, but Pyke looked like he was the main ruck to me in that game with Naismith spending a lot of time forward

What is Naismith's job security like in the first few months of the season?
Quite low I would have thought. Could play if/while tippett is out but other than that he probably won't

I must admit I only saw the third Sydney nab cup game, but Pyke looked like he was the main ruck to me in that game with Naismith spending a lot of time forward

I'd be gob smacked if pyke was left out for Naismith.
Id be shocked if Naismith plays rd 1.

Fingers crossed tho.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is what the preseason is for, a bit of experimentation with some of the rookie list guys. Pyke is not getting any younger and Sydney needed to work out if their backup rucks were up to the level required. They played both Nankervis and Naismith and Naismith did more so is first in line for a call up if needed.
This. And like Jacobs, what team wants to send out their main man to get smashed up in a meaningless praccy match. No surprise to me that these guys are getting limited time in the pre season. As long as they are fit, save them for the real stuff

I don't understand this. NicNat has played 20+ games in 4 of the last 5 seasons. Over that same period Maric has gone 21, 6, 21, 19 and 13. With no Cox, I would have thought NicNat was essential this year and pretty reliable, considering he played 20 game last season. I understand this doesn't tell the whole story, but it's not as if his "unreliability" completely ruined his average. He was still in the 90s ffs. If he plays the same number of games this year he is sure to increase his average by virtue of the no-Cox factor alone.

Maric is a lottery in the same way Mumford is, without the enormous payoff potential.

Last edited:
I don't understand this. NicNat has played 20+ games in 4 of the last 5 seasons. Over that same period Maric has gone 21, 6, 21, 19 and 13. With no Cox, I would have thought NicNat was essential this year and pretty reliable, considering he played 20 game last season. I understand this doesn't tell the whole story, but it's not as if his "unreliability" completely ruined his average. He was still in the 90s ffs. If he plays the same number of games this year he is sure to increase his average by virtue of the no-Cox factor alone.

Maric is a lottery in the same way Mumford is, without the enormous payoff potential.

Far from essential imho

No go highlighting the obvious to the ignorant. Just take it as a blessing in disguise.

NicNat's game has been hampered by injuries the last couple of seasons, his pre-season this year has also been hampered by an injury, he was restricted to one nab game in which he looked particularly average. That's why I won't be picking him.

NicNat's game has been hampered by injuries the last couple of seasons, his pre-season this year has also been hampered by an injury, he was restricted to one nab game in which he looked particularly average. That's why I won't be picking him.

Each to their own. I must say though, people say the same thing about him every year. He still plays nearly every game at a more than decent average.

Each to their own. I must say though, people say the same thing about him every year. He still plays nearly every game at a more than decent average.

The problem isn't that he misses games, but that he doesn't play at 100%.

If he was at 100% he would dominate, but given his back problems no one is really sure where he is at, and his NAB cup game, whilst it was a positive to see him get a run, didn't really give a lot of indication that he will be starting the year at full tilt.

Brodie Grundy, thoughts?? Only avg 62 last year but expecting him to hold down the pies #1 ruck all year and have faith that he can push that up to 85 which is all i need for R2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back