Your clubs favourite Cult Hero of all Time

Remove this Banner Ad

essendon-bombers-afl.jpg

Run at me.

Its hard to split Michael Wilson, Greg Phillips, Dave Grainger, Darren Mead, Russell Ebert, John Cahill and Fos Williams.

But I have to say the one and only Bruce Light.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rooke and Mooney are the obvious recent Geelong ones, with Shannon Byrnes an under-the-radar cult hero. No-one really stands out at Geelong these days, though Josh Walker has potential. Smedts could be too, if he ever gets it together on the field.

And while I don't think your cult hero can really be a champion player, I prefer the CHs that get the nod for more than an unusual haircut. Should be a guy that could actually play a bit.

Rooke and Mooney are the obvious recent Geelong ones, with Shannon Byrnes an under-the-radar cult hero. No-one really stands out at Geelong these days, though Josh Walker has potential. Smedts could be too, if he ever gets it together on the field.

And while I don't think your cult hero can really be a champion player, I prefer the CHs that get the nod for more than an unusual haircut. Should be a guy that could actually play a bit.
Yeah. Harry Taylor has a bit of a following

In more recent years, the Dees have had a few: Nick '426' Smith, Phillip 'Philthy' Read and Michael 'Juice' Newton. To a lesser extent, Stefan 'SME' Martin.

Good times. s**t times.
What about Robbo?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back