2015 - AFL Round 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm starting to think the points total for the West Coast game is drifting down too low. Down to 166.5 on some sites. Weather report now says there is only a 50% chance of showers by game time and that during the match there is no rain forecasted.

BOM weather map for tomorrow looks like there will be showers about the place tomorrow night.With the rain that's falling now combined with the humid conditions forecasted for Friday,a scrappy low scoring contest is on the cards IMO.

Anyone leaning towards the under for the cats freo game?

Yup.

Line/Game total tips from last week

Rich -11.5 over 181.5
Melb +14.5 under 156.5 (missed the total)
Essendon +23.5 under 161.5
Brisbane -8.5 under 160.5 (missed the line)
WB +11.5 over 186.5 (missed the total just)
NM +6.5 over 181.5 (missed the line by plenty)
GWS -19.5 over 181.5 (missed both)
Freo -2.5 over 169.5 (missed the total)
Geelong +23.5 under 185.5 (missed the line)

Having another go this week, some TBD:
Carlton +11.5 under 159.5
WB +20.5 under 178.5
Melbourne +15.5 under 169.5
Collingwood +13.5 over 182.5
Gold Coast -33.5 under 176.5
Sydney +5.5 under 173.5
Fremantle -3.5 under 165.5
Hawthorn -30.5 over 181.5
North Melbourne -35.5 over 181.5

In particular, will wait and see on PA/Sydney (might go Port if the weather looks greasy), and similar for GC/Hawthorn if weather not looking great.

Hrrmmm at first I was quite confident about Freo but when you look at the team sheets, Geelong match up pretty well. They have the backs in Taylor, Lonergan, Rivers to shutdown Pav and Clarke and also some very good small backs who have been some of the best of our generation in Enright and Kelly to match up against Walters and Ballantyne. They do have the ability to get away from the ageing veterans but with Mackie and probably Taylor being bale to play loose it gives them a chop out should it be required.

They also have a more than handy midfield consisting of Selwood, Johnson, Bartel, Caddy and Duncan who I feel match up ok against Fyfe, Mundy, Barlow, Neale and Sheridan. One player who Fremantle will really be missing is Crowley who always tends to get under Johnsons skin and I feel forces Geelong to play a little differently in that they are required to "look after and out for" a player they wouldn't normally have to.

One area I see Geelong really being able to win the game is up forward. With the ageing and injury prone McPharlin and the better suited 3rd tall in Michael Johnson having to play as a key back. Hawkins and Clarke could really get a hold of things with fine weather predicted and even take the game away from Freo.

I feel Freo have a slight advantage in the midfield and Walters & Ballantyne have the potential to outpace the ageing veterans in Kelly and Eright. Geelong with the home ground factor.

Thoughts?

Bartel is in doubt. Concussion with 6 days break i think he is out. Motlop is a big out. They lack pace without him. Freo nearly beat Geelong last year, freo could have won with the last shot from Mundy. Compare that team to this team Geeong lost Motlop and Christensen but gained Clark. Freo gained back Walter but lose Crowley. I will say Freo in a very close game.

Hrrmmm at first I was quite confident about Freo but when you look at the team sheets, Geelong match up pretty well. They have the backs in Taylor, Lonergan, Rivers to shutdown Pav and Clarke and also some very good small backs who have been some of the best of our generation in Enright and Kelly to match up against Walters and Ballantyne. They do have the ability to get away from the ageing veterans but with Mackie and probably Taylor being bale to play loose it gives them a chop out should it be required.

They also have a more than handy midfield consisting of Selwood, Johnson, Bartel, Caddy and Duncan who I feel match up ok against Fyfe, Mundy, Barlow, Neale and Sheridan. One player who Fremantle will really be missing is Crowley who always tends to get under Johnsons skin and I feel forces Geelong to play a little differently in that they are required to "look after and out for" a player they wouldn't normally have to.

One area I see Geelong really being able to win the game is up forward. With the ageing and injury prone McPharlin and the better suited 3rd tall in Michael Johnson having to play as a key back. Hawkins and Clarke could really get a hold of things with fine weather predicted and even take the game away from Freo.

I feel Freo have a slight advantage in the midfield and Walters & Ballantyne have the potential to outpace the ageing veterans in Kelly and Eright. Geelong with the home ground factor.

Thoughts?

Freo are too hit and miss. I couldn't back them or against them.

And I think Geelong are confident of Bartel playing.

Freo are too hit and miss. I couldn't back them or against them.

Sadly that's true. Surprised we are favourites, sort of game we normally underperform in.
But the team is looking good, if add Taberner that makes the forward line strong, and this was really the only under performing area last week.

Should win the midfield, defence is solid as ever, plenty of opportunities for forwards, just need to convert.

I've been monitoring the predicted weather for the West Coast game tonight and it now says there is only a 38% of showers come game time and the rain has already started to stop a bit. Couldn't resist and have put a bit on total over 159.5 points.
Line already up as high as 167.5. Would've tailed, but too late for me. I may put another unders bet at 167.5

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eagles vs Blues total points
151 - 160 Points $6.40
161 - 170 Points $6.20
171 - 180 Points $6.60

Thoughts
on covering these 3 totals?

you've got a good spread there, the bookies are saying about 168 points, so in theory you should come out ahead.

Ended jumping on the bets and got a better price on Unibet, $6.50 for 151-160 and 161-170 and $7.50 for 171-180
Best odds i could find anywhere by a fair bit

Ended jumping on the bets and got a better price on Unibet, $6.50 for 151-160 and 161-170 and $7.50 for 171-180
Best odds i could find anywhere by a fair bit
Its been raining again a fair bit in Perth the last hour. Im more north though so may be a different story at subi

Not raining currently at Subi. But still residual and may get another shower I reckon.

But not enough to see under 150 game total I don't reckon. Should cover it!

I don't get the Carlton love. Can't see them winning at Subi or covering the small line unless it pours down and Kennedy is out.
Because we're crap?

Likely playing

Duggan
Sheed
Nelson
Tunbridge

All who have played 12 games or less

Our mids being Priddis, Shuey, Masten, Wellingham, Sheed and Duggan being clearly behind Judd, Murphy, Gibbs, Bell, Cripps

Missing our 2 KPds forcing Hurn and Yeo to play tight restricting our rebound from HB

Henderson or Casboult likely to be up against a Hurn or Yeo

McGinnity and Nelson being given the job of shutting down Yarran, Gibbs, Tuohy, Simpson off of HB...which won't work

Need I go on?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back