Mega Thread The Footy Dept Thread Part I - #SackHardwick or #StandByDimma?

Should he go?

• See out his contract

Votes: 44 15.0%
  • See out the year

Votes: 130 44.2%
  • See out the day

Votes: 93 31.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 27 9.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard for me to summarize my thoughts from my mobile but.........

Sorry no i don't rely on hope, 2 finals in the last two years is evidence, we are in round 3 and have a whole season ahead of us, i am saying that the thought of sacking DH without seeing how this seasons pans out is ridiculous and pre mature.

As for our path and geelongs path my point is they went from good to s**t, s**t and s**t, to come good and go s**t again and that when the fans started saying wth? They stuck with Thompson through all of that, we haven't showed anywhere near that kind of commitment to DH and he has overall done better than Thompson through that period of time, at least with consistently trending upward, like i said when the time is right DH will be replaced.

I'm not in the 'Sack Hardwick' camp, but I am of the thought that the club should start sounding out replacements. Really good ones. Guys like Phil Walsh, who has revelation written all over him at Adelaide.

Give Dimma until about round 15 this year, if we're underperforming as badly as we have in round 1 and 2 and as badly as we did half of last year, then move him on and replace him from the 3-4 shortlist that they'll have made.

Being ruthless I think is where the game is going in the future. We surely just can't sit and wait with a very, very average coach just because he has a contract. The club has to be proactive in hunting down a premiership!

He can develop players, and I reckon he would be a great assistant, but he's not a matchday coach at all. As such, I reckon he has taken us as far as he can, he doesn't have the tactical nous to win finals or premierships. His job should be commended, but it's time for him to move on imo for a coach who can deliver on match day.

This is where the flaw is with your argument in comparison to The Cats as it demonstrates that we have always been s**t under DH bc we've achieved nothing yet.Absolutely nothing based on results
Remember its a comparison of us v Cats which is what you are telling me

Well... lol i totally disagree that we are s**t and have done nothing, 2 finals for example, im not saying we dont need to get better.

And... the comparison end in 2007 after geelong become a powerhouse, if we do that in the next 2 years the comparison will be comparable.

But that is beside the point.

Last edited:

He certainly does and on ability alone Hardwick is running at about 52% of what Lyon is capable of as a coach. That is how far we are off. Lyon might be a fantasy but that leaves a lot of coaches out there better than Hardwick still.
I'm not comparing Lyons coaching with hardwicks. I'm saying that I would be very wary of him because of the way he left St Kilda, which makes me question his motives.

I'm not in the 'Sack Hardwick' camp, but I am of the thought that the club should start sounding out replacements. Really good ones. Guys like Phil Walsh, who has revelation written all over him at Adelaide.

Give Dimma until about round 15 this year, if we're underperforming as badly as we have in round 1 and 2 and as badly as we did half of last year, then move him on and replace him from the 3-4 shortlist that they'll have made.

Being ruthless I think is where the game is going in the future. We surely just can't sit and wait with a very, very average coach just because he has a contract. The club has to be proactive in hunting down a premiership!
you know what, if at round 15 we are still badly performing the they will have to do a review and take the best course of action, whether that is sack or keep DH who knows.

Well... lol i totally disagree that we are s**t and have done nothing, 2 finals for example, im not saying we dont need to get better.

And... the comparison end in 2007 after geelong become a powerhouse, if we do that in the next 2 years the comparison will be comparable.

But that is beside the point.
Which makes my point bc you're basing your judgement on a positive forecast
Two outcomes to Cats 06 and us now are completely different as we've achieved not even a finals win let alone a prelim . Plus go and compare the two lists if you want to be really stunned. They carried basically no passengers in all facets of the game. We are still dealing with Newman Grigg Morris Chaplin Grimes Gordon dadadadadadadadadada
The end on this topic for me as we've killed it to death

Thank Christ. It only took until page 29, but we've finally got a sensible post in this thread. Kudos Reckoner Tiger.

Which makes my point bc you're basing your judgement on a positive forecast
Two outcomes to Cats 06 and us now are completely different as we've achieved not even a finals win let alone a prelim . Plus go and compare the two lists if you want to be really stunned. They carried basically no passengers in all facets of the game. We are still dealing with Newman Grigg Morris Chaplin Grimes Gordon dadadadadadadadadada
The end on this topic for me as we've killed it to death
No again you don't get my point, which i really can't be stuffed repeating, it's got nothing to do with positive forecasts, go back and read what i have already said, i dont know why it is so hard for you to understand.

No again you don't get my point, which i really can't be stuffed repeating, it's got nothing to do with positive forecasts, go back and read what i have already said, i dont know why it is so hard for you to understand.
Part of Your early quote was this

"if we do that in the next 2 years the comparison will be comparable."

You see you have vindicated my argument
Relying on a positive forecast and that the comparison at this point is not comparable but we are actually two yrs behind
Based clearly on if and only if we achieve your forecast:$thank you

I agree with this too. He was too s**t scared to back himself. I only say in hindsight we should have signed him because it would have spared us the Walls/Gieschen era.

Mal Brown was working behind the scenes to get Sheedy. That's why it all came to a head. Northey wanted an extra year on his contract to head it off. Still... At the end of the day Northey bailed with a year to go on his contract and that was pretty piss poor. There's been situations where a coach leaves Early because their heart is not in it, but I don't remember too many where they bailed for another club while under contract.

Anyway, we have a 15 year train wreck thanks to that little debacle. Thanks Mal.

Use the ignore button. I've done it for about half of the posters on this thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Part of Your early quote was this

"if we do that in the next 2 years the comparison will be comparable."

You see you have vindicated my argument
Relying on a positive forecast and that the comparison at this point is not comparable but we are actually two yrs behind
Based clearly on if and only if we achieve your forecast:$thank you

Your twisting my words, what i have been saying from the start is that Geelong had rough times more than Richmond has had during their climb to success, that's it.

Use the ignore button. I've done it for about half of the posters on this thread.

I just don't get why this guy seems to want to twist what i am saying into his own idea of what he thinks i am saying and then try to convince me that is what i am trying to say................ lol wtf.....

Your twisting my words, what i have been saying from the start is that Geelong had rough times more than Richmond has had during their climb to success, that's it.
I just copied and pasted your words
No twisting whatsoever and now you've thrown in another clanger about Geelong having more rough times??????????
I'm a rfc critic mate and I can tell you now no other team has had a rougher time than us in the last 30yrs
And I've lost track when we last beat Geelong as its been so long:)

I just copied and pasted your words
No twisting whatsoever and now you've thrown in another clanger about Geelong having more rough times??????????
I'm a rfc critic mate and I can tell you now no other team has had a rougher time than us in the last 30yrs
And I've lost track when we last beat Geelong as its been so long:)

No you are twisting, i don't give a * about positive forecast or whatever bull s**t thing you have made up.

Ill say it again just for you, geelongs 7 years leading up to it's first premiership were not all glory and i think they were rougher than DH first 6 years and yet they stuck with Thompson and in the end won a premiership, thats all, it's not even complicated.

No you are twisting, i don't give a **** about positive forecast or whatever bull s**t thing you have made up.

Ill say it again just for you, geelongs 7 years leading up to it's first premiership were not all glory and i think they were rougher than DH first 6 years and yet they stuck with Thompson and in the end won a premiership, thats all, it's not even complicated.
And this my dear friend is where I will leave you
To let you know DH hasn't coached us for six years
He is in his sixth year with a list that needs to get us to a prelim to be even close to Geelong
As many great posters before me have stated our list is not top four and for this reason we have a thread asking questions about DH being sacked
Go and check Geelong first 7 yrs under Bomber as it wasn't anywhere as bad as what we suffered
We all know the Cats made a prelim final plus they picked up some handy father and sons
They also had a powerful vfl side that won a flag or two where we were linked with Coburg
The list goes on and on
We were the worst performed side in the afl even without Fitzroy being in the comp
Thanking you again

He is in his sixth year with a list that needs to get us to a prelim to be even close to Geelong
As many great posters before me have stated our list is not top four and for this reason we have a thread asking questions about DH being sacked
Go and check Geelong first 7 yrs under Bomber as it wasn't anywhere as bad as what we suffered
We all know the Cats made a prelim final plus they picked up some handy father and sons
They also had a powerful vfl side that won a flag or two where we were linked with Coburg
The list goes on and on
We were the worst performed side in the afl even without Fitzroy being in the comp
Thanking you again

This line made me laugh..............................bwahahahaha

The list goes on and on
Thanking you again

This is why Tiger imposter has it all over you Wart . Your a tigeriffic bloke and you love the club and over rate our list just a smidgeon mate

Geelong Premiership Team 2007
Compared to last weeks Team

BP: Tom Harley FB: Mathew Scarlett BP:Josh Hunt

BP: Grimes FB : Rance BP: Vlaustin

HB: Andrew Mackie CHB: Darren Millburn HB: David Wojinski

HB : Batchelor CHB : Chaplin HB: Houli

W: Joel Corey C: Jimmy Bartel W: Corey Enright

W: Mcintosh C: Dusty Martin W: Brandon Ellis

HF:Steve Johnson CHF: Cameron Mooney HF: Joel Selwood

HF:Chris Newman CHF: Ben Griffiths HF: Ricky Pettard

FP: Paul Chapman FF: Nathan Ablett FP: Matthew Stoked

FP: Sam Lloyd FF: Jack Reiwoldt FP: Steve Morris

Ruck : Brad Ottens RR: Cameron Ling Rover : Gary Ablett Jr

Ruck:Maric Ruck Rover : Miles Rover : Trent Cotchin

Bench: Steven King , James Kelly , Matthew Rook , Shannon Byrnes

Bench : Lambert , Shaun Griggs , Taylor Hunt , Flash Gordon

Even if we had Deledio , Edwards and Hampson available I think we might be a little of the mark . But go Tigers and #stand by Dimma

Last edited:
This line made me laugh..............................bwahahahaha
For what it's worth . Although he has a s**t gun approach similar to Steve Morris's kicking for goal I would say Tiger imposter is a great poster and there are many before him and after him. He's dealing with the reality of our list compared to Geelongs in 2006-2007 and you are not . There's nothing wrong with that but you may want to look within to see where your frustration is coming from. We have 64000 members some have multiple members but we all contribute in our own special ways . Go Tigers I've packed my numb chucks to throw out onto the field to Stevie Morris when the players bring the stink on in our line in the sand game against the team that is currently 17th on the ladder with 57% for and against .

For what it's worth . Although he has a s**t gun approach similar to Steve Morris's kicking for goal I would say Tiger imposter is a great poster and there are many before him and after him. He's dealing with the reality of our list compared to Geelongs in 2006-2007 and you are not . There's nothing wrong with that but you may want to look within to see where your frustration is coming from. We have 64000 members some have multiple members but we all contribute in our own special ways . Go Tigers I've packed my numb chucks to throw out onto the field to Stevie Morris when the players bring the stink on in our line in the sand game against the team that is currently 17th on the ladder with 57% for and against .
Please don't do it Rusty as we are riddled with injuries as it is

This is why Tiger imposter has it all over you Wart . Your a tigeriffic bloke and you love the club and over rate our list just a smidgeon mate

Geelong Premiership Team 2007
Compared to last weeks Team

BP: Tom Harley FB: Mathew Scarlett BP:

BP: Grimes FB : Rance BP: Vlaustin

HB: Andrew Mackie CHB: Darren Millburn HB: David Wojinski

HB : Batchelor CHB : Chaplin HB: Houli

W: Joel Corey C: Jimmy Bartel W: Corey Enright

W: Mcintosh C: Dusty Martin W: Brandon Ellis

HF:Steve Johnson CHF: Cameron Mooney HF: Joel Selwood

HF:Chris Newman CHF: Ben Griffiths HF: Ricky Pettard

FP: Paul Chapman FF: Nathan Ablett FP: Matthew Stoked

FP: Sam Lloyd FF: Jack Reiwoldt FP: Steve Morris

Ruck : Brad Ottens RR: Cameron Ling Rover : Gary Ablett Jr

Ruck:Maric Ruck Rover : Miles Rover : Trent Cotchin

Bench: Steven King , James Kelly , Matthew Rook , Shannon Byrnes

Bench : Lambert , Shaun Griggs , Taylor Hunt , Flash Gordon

Even if we had Deledio , Edwards and Hampson available I think we might be a little of the mark . But go Tigers and #stand by Dimma

Wow that really just puts us in perspective, I know that's one of the great sides but were no where near it unfortunately, and it's not just talent comparison but on field leaders as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back