Yarran gone for weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty weak of Chapman to not own up and admit he'd made an absolute Helen Hunt of himself for a good minute prior to the hit.

Still, Yarran's suspension will only last three weeks. Meanwhile the damage to Chapman's ego and reputation will last forever.

That pic of him bleeding, wobbly-kneed and being manhandled by Yarran will endure for a long, long time.
The punch gave him jelly legs and the shame has made him jelly backed .

I didn't mind the hit by Yarran. It wasn't a cheap shot. He was facing Chapman, a bloke who does have a reputation for dishing out a bit of rough justice like jumper punches. It was a man v man stoush. Yarran finished the altercation with a decent hit. The Blues will miss his run but three weeks is about right.

Predicted he'd get a minimum of 3 and perhaps 4.

It was an excellent punch and he was appropriately rewarded for it.

"I don't recall the incident. The blood came from a nick above my eye from Saturday morning when I was trying to shave my eyebrows off to match my hairstyle"
His efforts were a little different to Selwood who looked after Harvey (don't think anyone holds lagging on Crowley against Harvey -deserved what he get) and Mitchell looking after Stevie J.

What goes around comes around.

His efforts were a little different to Selwood who looked after Harvey (don't think anyone holds lagging on Crowley against Harvey -deserved what he get) and Mitchell looking after Stevie J.

What goes around comes around.
What? There was no hearing for Stevie J. Mitchell gave no evidence whatsoever. How exactly did he "look after Stevie J"?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He could have either made note of the fact that he'd made a deliberate effort to rough up an opposition player behind play (to the extent that the umpire told him to stop with the elbows) or just said nothing at all.
He could have said that, but would it have actually reduced the suspension? I doubt it.

Absolutely nothing , or there was nothing in it

It's a bit hard to say that when the video evidence is there for everyone to see.

Yarran tried to put Chapman in it by saying he headbutted him (no video evidence) & 'provoked' him so how is that different to Chappy saying what is clearly there on video?

It wouldn't have mattered what was said at the tribunal, Yarran was always going to go for that. Just a matter of the tribunal coming up with a number.

People get 3 weeks for being a bit late with a bump.

Intentionally punching someone to the face to the point where they are opened up should be worth more than any late bump.

Have to take into account the danger of both acts though. A lot less likely to break someone's neck giving them a smack in the chops

What? There was no hearing for Stevie J. Mitchell gave no evidence whatsoever. How exactly did he "look after Stevie J"?
Did I say Mitchell gave evidence? No I said he looked after him. After Johnson was reported Mitchell came out saying here was nothing in it..

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-should-avoid-suspension-20150406-1mfj5n.html

Do I need to spell it out for you any further? That is what Chappie might have done if he was as tough as he likes people to think he, but really he just likes to elbow people when they aren't looking and throw cheap jumper punches and cries when someone puts him back in his place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back