Mega Thread The Footy Dept Thread Part I - #SackHardwick or #StandByDimma?

Should he go?

• See out his contract

Votes: 44 15.0%
  • See out the year

Votes: 130 44.2%
  • See out the day

Votes: 93 31.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 27 9.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely we must inform RFC Offical 2 that we've had enough as a start . Then we must get a petition going . I cancelled 2 memberships this year because of this crap

Maybe I'm overreacting... It was that bloods cultcha we were never a chance, 2 weeks ago it was the bont (second coming of the fonz). We've just had it against us. Next week depression awareness followed by the Tassie Tigeroos...

This thread should be stopped as the rfc doesn't sack coaches
In reality DH said he would resign if the players stopped playing for him and if improvement was not evident
Well the jumpers hit the ground and I reckon he should honour his words and walk
I wouldn't want him to be sacked as its unsavoury so I reckon he should hit everybody with a shock announcement
He's really out of his depth at this caper and now watching even Miles deteriorate just tells me his defensive clueless game plan is a player killer
Please walk Damian you're a nice bloke and I wouldn't want you to go out in a state like when wallet and Frawley left
Get out while you can still walk not crawl out on the chicken s**t never to be welcomed back

Hardwick's presser - champagne comedy
"Every club has injuries, we can't use that as an excuse .... It doesn't help when you have 10 on the injury list" ..... Give me a break dimwit
Didn't he poor it on thick tonight . WTF is he on . And the missed shot on goals . Doors that way Damien.

I couldn't watch it but **** me that is low.

How about the you ******* suck slant. We should have had 40 shots tonight Melbourne were ripe compared to their previous games, we are s**t.
I'm seriously concerned why we didn't slow the game down in the second and just straighten up a little . The bloke can not even control the side from the coaches box. Deep down we all knew he was a dud we just wanted hi to succeed cause he's a good bloke . Tonight and the doggies is a laughable affair indeed

Don't care if people want a fresh face and new ideas but what I don't get is people advocating coaches who are proven failures such as Lyon, Sanderson and Worsfold.

We need to aim for the next big thing, which that is the next direction the league will be heading with regard to game plan and the footballers suited to that. No point going after someone who is been in the caper for long enough and game plan didn't lead to success. Knighta has a very brief tenure I won't include him in the same conversation as those mentioned above.

Brett Kirk
Stuart Dew
Brett Montgomery
Alan McConnell
Adam Kingsley

All current assistants

I actually wouldn't mind a look at Vossy. Made some big errors when he first started (with no experience) but would have learned a lot, wasn't coaching badly when he got booted (only got the boot as the Lions thought Roos was available) and would bring some good IP from Port

I actually wouldn't mind a look at Vossy. Made some big errors when he first started (with no experience) but would have learned a lot, wasn't coaching badly when he got booted (only got the boot as the Lions thought Roos was available) and would bring some good IP from Port
oh dear........ ip.....seriously???

Don't care if people want a fresh face and new ideas but what I don't get is people advocating coaches who are proven failures such as Lyon, Sanderson and Worsfold.

We need to aim for the next big thing, which that is the next direction the league will be heading with regard to game plan and the footballers suited to that. No point going after someone who is been in the caper for long enough and game plan didn't lead to success. Knighta has a very brief tenure I won't include him in the same conversation as those mentioned above.

Lyon a failure? Lol

Deserves credit for where he's taken the list from in 2010 to where we are now and should see out the rest of the season. I do wonder if we are cycling our fitness to peak around the end of the season (c.f. our great run of form towards the end of last year).

However it increasingly seems like Hardwick is unable to take the club to the next stage. Anything less than a finals win and he should be gone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm one of the few Lions who believe Vossy is ok as a coach. He made some rubbish recruiting decisions, he was inexperienced....but one thing everyone needs to remember, is he is a competitor and will do what it takes to succeed - remember his broken leg at Freo in 97? So bad he was just about ready to retire such was the severity...does the yakka, comes back, does the business as captain. A year or 3 in Port as an assistant will do him wonders.

On topic, it's a ******* shame you blokes feel like you are back in the rebuild :( I like the Tiges, always have (*wave* Richo), and it's not cool for your club to be back where finishing 9th gives optimism for next year. Not sure what to do, but perhaps Dimma might need to walk. As said elsewhere, fall on your sword with some dignity Dimma before the Tiger faithful start tearing you apart.

i've given dimma as much time as i can, and after last nights performance, it looks like he has lost the players. There was no passion or dedication to the team, the game plan or Dimma.
The Dees are playing for Roos. they know that they are not secure in the team if they dont perform. Richmond players know that they are secure, so there is no pressure.

As long as Dimma continues to play guys like Morris we are going nowhere.
Dimma has to round 17. If we are 11th or lower, then he has to go before round 18.
for dimma to get another season, we MUST finish 6th or higher and win 2+ finals. We have the team to do it, but not the coach.
If we have a better coach , we could do anything.

All our players taking and extra step or looking to handball when they should have been kicking. Killed us all night. If the options weren't down field our coach is to blame for a poor set-up.

Hawthorn may chip the ball around but they do it so ******* quick it's like they never took a mark anyway.

The extra step, unnecessary handballs etc. reminded me of last season round 1 against the Suns. IIRC it rained that night as well. Bad medicine is needed to avoid another late scramble to the finals, because, as seems to have happened in the last two seasons, the players seem to have a mind set of "job done now" at that point. It reminds me of a batsman getting to 101, then getting clean bowled.

The thing that really deflates me is that we have a footy side that is capable of giving us some real joy. I'm not talking flags (we are a long way from that), but continued top four and going to the footy expecting to win and playing deep into finals. For a Richmond supporter, that's pretty good considering what we have been subjected to since 1982.
Instead we have a coach in his sixth year who still can't get the most from his players and still plays players out of position (for heck's sake, put Vlastuin into the midfield!). What does that tell you?
In the club's effort to portray stability, it is actually shooting itself in the foot.
A good coach could get this list to sustained top four performances. Instead we get beaten by the Dogs and Dees (no disrespect to them whatsoever, they both deserved to win and played well).
Well I'm buggered if I am going to invest anymore emotional energy on it from now on.

I feel so bad for the guy, never had the cattle to do anything decent with.

Lol, look at you. All big and cool with your keyboard. And that's the best you could do.
#embarrassmentjpeg

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.

There should be some real heat on Benny Gale and Dan Richardson as well and not just Dimma & side-kicks.

Benny has done some tremendous stuff off-field with regards to membership, sponsorship, stability and the like. He did, however, appoint Dan Richardson as the General Manager of Football. Dan's a great fella and all but I suspect he is out of his depth in all honesty. The club probably thought it was a shrewd appointment, what with the advent of free-agency and all that, but the reality is he had never been involved with the AFL at club level prior to his appointment and his skill set and experience has largely been in player contract & welfare management.

Is he really the best person to oversee the entire football dept including our coaches, our players, fitness staff, recruitment & list management, technology, strategy, leadership, our VFL programme etc? The only discernible changes I have noted since his appointment have been Leppa, Cambo & Daly all leaving for other roles, only to be replaced by three coaching rookies in McQualter, Max Bailey & Rutten. In the meantime, a 'broke' Melbourne go out and get Roos, Goodwin & Brendan McCartney. What a massive risk on so much untried talent at the top level.

We also have a guy in Mark 'Wilbur' Williams whom you can safely predict that whatever portfolio he handles each year (and why do we have to rotate these positions ..) will be our Achilles heel. This year he is our 'offensive coach' (we don't have a forwards coach as such) and our ball movement & forward line has never been more dysfunctional.

Unbelievably, despite running a $50m business, we appoint some part-timers to head up the VFL coaching, recruitment & development for our next generation. I wouldn't mind hearing from Tim Livingstone too. He's apparently in charge of 'coaching & football performance'.

Pmsl laughing . Was talking to Captain blood 17 this morning and he said I'm nervous Melbourne is our bogey side . I couldn't stop laughing . I said if you think Melbourne is a bogey side then Damien Hardwick is s failure . Our bogey side after a 5 and a half year build

Lol, we were both right!!

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back