Mega Thread The Footy Dept Thread Part I - #SackHardwick or #StandByDimma?

Should he go?

• See out his contract

Votes: 44 15.0%
  • See out the year

Votes: 130 44.2%
  • See out the day

Votes: 93 31.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 27 9.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When people say Lyon I sure hope they are talking about Gary Lyon. He's coached the AIS before over in Ireland. Would be an inspired choice .
Imagine him and Carro on footy classified.
t6vwnc.jpg

Longmire, Lyon or Clarkson. Not a rookie. Has to happen if we're any chance of achieving anything while Cotchin, Riewoldt, Lids, Martin and Rance are on the list.

A rookie is fine if its the right rookie. I think Basset is the guy as he as done it at the level below.

But its about surrounding them with the best. I used Golden State example, they got Steve Kerr a rookie coach to lead them to the 10th best NBA record of all time but they also surrounded him with the best assistants.

No point bringing in Basset or Stewie Dew and leaving them to deal with Lade, Mark (Wilbur) Williams and co. Especially when we've lost our 3 best assistants over the last 2 years Lepper, Daly and Campbell.

I rate Rutten and Choco, maybe Ross smith thats really about it. We need to target a Knights, Neeld, Sumich really just about anyone.

Look at Port bring in Hinkley, but they also had Phil Walsh and Alan Richardson supporting him.

The most damning thing for me was watching the presser and a reporter brought up the fact it was very similar to the Bulldogs game in which we dominated possessions, inside 50's but had an inability to score. Dimma didn't really go along with it and mostly brought up winning the hard ball, contested ball, being tough.

This is the worst issue with Dimma. He doesn't even realise why we're so poor. In his whole tenure we've had one of the worst forward line structures in the league. It is so taxing in the way we play to put scores on the board which fatigues the players significantly while seemingly other teams can pour it on with ease. We try and grind it out and have a directive to kick it to the pockets and keep it in there instead of creating easy chances. Our forward line is clogged and defensive teams can hurt us easily on the counter. In how many years now why has this not been addressed and fixed? Why is our forward line so bad? Why can't we score?

Sack Hardwick.
Coached the flair out of the forward line. Has taken 6 years for him to realise speed is important. Looking forward to Edwards being told to pull his head in for some of the ridiculous things he managed yesterday. "Yeah, look we want to share the centre clearances around so we had to play Sheds in the vfl"

Dimmas lost me...so sick of the "we didn't come to play" "weren't tough enough" shite. The buck stops with him, he may have or is losing the playing group. They have no flare and their natural instincts are being killed trying to execute a game plan that requires skill we simply don't have. This is dejavu all over again, his crap about winning the contested ball is something we pride ourselves on is utter spin. Maybe if we were a top 4 team during that period, I'd buy into it but we weren't. He reels stats out and excuses but ultimately he's not smart enough as a coach and he's too stubborn to change. The brains may have walked out the door a year ago and entered Brisbane.... And I'm not referring to luke mcguane

Adelaide and port made the hard choices to move forward... We do too and no doubt Benny Gale knows this now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bassett would be the perfect choice . he is a proven coach and he'll straighten us up and improve our players. I don't buy into the argument that we need a mini rebuild . The next coach just needs to sort out our forward line , have the skills to have the players playing at their optimum level and have the players showing up week in and week out playing team footy . He also has to have the ability to drop players out of form regardless of reputation and promote youth which we have .

Bassett can do all of this no worries .

The idiocy of calling for Dimma' sacking after round 2 still applies to sacking him after round 4.
But we have publicly declared we are aiming for top 6.
Thus far we've beaten 2 bottom 4 teams and lost at 2 teams that won't make the 8.
It looks like it has been 2 years of stagnation.
He's under the pump. He should be.
You're in the last chance saloon Dimma.

The idiocy of calling for Dimma' sacking after round 2 still applies to sacking him after round 4.
Thus far we've beaten 2 bottom 4 teams and lost at 2 teams that won't make the 8.

#TigerThompson

It's more a case of replace him or at least look at a replacement before the inevitable happens.

Bassett would be the perfect choice . he is a proven coach and he'll straighten us up and improve our players. I don't buy into the argument that we need a mini rebuild . The next coach just needs to sort out our forward line , have the skills to have the players playing at their optimum level and have the players showing up week in and week out playing team footy . He also has to have the ability to drop players out of form regardless of reputation and promote youth which we have .

Bassett can do all of this no worries .

#TigerThompson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back