Mega Thread Potential future father-son selections

Remove this Banner Ad

It's poorly worded by he probably meant.
They wanted someone else more, so they let Weller through. Who was a local boy that they didn't get through a concession.

So they picked another player in preference to Weller... cause they had no special entitlement to Weller like all the other clubs in the draft.

Riveting , jaw dropping ..

perhaps he meant that they were peeved that unlike some previous drafts they had to decided between kids , that they could not just scattergun and get all of them. That after a truckload of draft concessions that they were miffed that they could not get Weller under some QLD zone type pick , even though he was originally from Tas , they flicked his brother and they have been in the comp for 5 drafts.

No matter I'm sure they have a couple other handy prospects from their Academy coming up soon.

Is it Gen Y who has a high sense of self entitlement?

So they picked another player in preference to Weller... cause they had no special entitlement to Weller like all the other clubs in the draft.

Riveting , jaw dropping ..

perhaps he meant that they were peeved that unlike some previous drafts they had to decided between kids , that they could not just scattergun and get all of them. That after a truckload of draft concessions that they were miffed that they could not get Weller under some QLD zone type pick , even though he was originally from Tas , they flicked his brother and they have been in the comp for 5 drafts.

No matter I'm sure they have a couple other handy prospects from their Academy coming up soon.

Is it Gen Y who has a high sense of self entitlement?

He claims to be an older guy, maybe everyone feels entitled to a leg up.

It's poorly worded by he probably meant.
They wanted someone else more, so they let Weller through. Who was a local boy that they didn't get through a concession.
thanks 10lana- I didn't get it at first and was waiting for the explanation (lazy of me, I know ;)) but looked it up this morning and figured that was what he meant.

So, if they thought Weller would've gone really early, they'd have grabbed him but they decided to take a tall kid (203cm) who was rated very highly during the year ....
win or a win... which golden ticket should I grab? :)

It's not like they lost a guy, they just didn't get him at a discount since he didn't live in QLD for long enough. He was never there's to have.

Had he lived there for a couple more years they would have got him through there Academy for a 2nd round pick as they'd be entitled to under the current rules.

It's not like they lost a guy, they just didn't get him at a discount since he didn't live in QLD for long enough. He was never there's to have.

Had he lived there for a couple more years they would have got him through there Academy for a 2nd round pick as they'd be entitled to under the current rules.

yes..and still unhappy. The gen Y club , been spoon feed for years, and whinge now they have to use a fork

Kelly just had a boy! Congratulations (and job well done ;))
Jimmy has 8 weeks off now so um Jim... Get cracking already:p

Oh and any girls end up like Craster's Sons:D

Jimmy has 8 weeks off now so um Jim... Get cracking already:p

Oh and any girls end up like Craster's Sons:D
Geez if my missus looked like Jims I'd at worst be doing a hell of a lot of practicing!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez if my missus looked like Jims I'd at worst be doing a hell of a lot of practicing!!
I don't even care if it's Nadia's or not, as far as I'm aware the afl doesn't discriminate against bastards!:p

I love a good donut. Especially a Berliner with quality jam , but I guess if you lived and worked in a Donut shop , after a while it would just be sugary dough.

Anyone know if Blitz is tracking square? Good potential FS stock id think.

I don't even care if it's Nadia's or not, as far as I'm aware the afl doesn't discriminate against bastards!:p
As long as its a Bartel and not a Snow

Anyone got a list of all the births in recent years? I want to put together a best 18/22 of them!
Kelly (Jatz Crackers)
Then the rest - list is bit old so add 2 years.
Harry Taylor (son James, 3)
Steve Johnson (Archie, 1)
Corey Enright (Boh, 10 months)
Mackie (Freddie, six months).
Tom Harley (Jimmy, eight months, Hugo, ?)
Steven King (Oscar, 4)
Cameron Ling (Max, nine months)
Darren Milburn (Jett, 7)
Cameron Mooney (Jagger, 6)
Matthew Scarlett (twins Harry and Oliver, 2)
David Wojcinski (Alfie, 6, Monty, 3).
John Barnes (James, 18, Jack, 19)
Bill Brownless (Oscar, 14, Max, 8)
Ronnie Burns (Brayden, 16, Tylar, 15)
Paul Couch (Joe, 18)
Ben Graham (Jack, 5)
Garry Hocking (Lochlan, 13)
Glenn Kilpatrick (Peter, 13, William, 11)
Kent Kingsley (Boston, 1)
David Mensch (Baxter, 13)
Peter Riccardi (Oscar, 9, Boston, 6)
Brad Sholl (Mitchell, 10, Campbell, 8)
Sean Simpson (Sam, 13).

Last edited:
Kelly (Jatz Crackers)
Tom Harley (Jimmy, eight months)
Steven King (Oscar, 4)
Darren Milburn (Jett, 7)
Paul Couch (Joe, 18)
Ben Graham (Jack, 5)
Sean Simpson (Sam, 13).
Ooh a little Buddha has me all warm and fuzzy...

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/cats-legend-turns-over-a-new-leaf-20130912-2tnjv.html

Kelly (Jatz Crackers)
Tom Harley (Jimmy, eight months)
Steven King (Oscar, 4)
Darren Milburn (Jett, 7)
Paul Couch (Joe, 18)
Ben Graham (Jack, 5)
Sean Simpson (Sam, 13).
Harley also has Hugo, born early 2015 March?

Buddha Jnr seems to be doing OK in the juniors getting selected for rep sides and the like.

I won't be surprised to see FS abolished.
And clubs like Adelaide will bleed as they've missed 20 years of that advantage. Like gws will.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back