Review Post Game v Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought Armo and Steven were poor... Obviously if you play in the middle you get your hands on it...

Thought they were poor with the ball... Effort was fine.. Effective... No
Steven in particular, horrible disposal
Dunstan was poor... Too slow

Weller very good... Second best

Thought Longer was good in the first, well beaten by a GUN afterwards... Jacobs is the best ruckman in the Comp with Goldstein.

The kids were poor... Which is OK
Found a fault in Sinclair
Macca struggled
As did Eli... Who's lost pace since adding size
Newnes, Webster, Savage were just average.

Hickey did some good things... But no marks i50 for a post forward is disappointing.
Billings tried... But seems to have lost his speed a bit and looks to be running heavy

Bruce... Is flying

I actually can't believe we only lost by 46... Many were down
I suppose the 3 goal start helps

Hickey had 13 disp, 11 of them contested, 3 shots at goal though inaccurate, 6 tackles.

How many score involvements?

I reckon it's working nicely.

Not many positives

Bruce perhaps??
Perhaps!!!!!
Geez thats tuff.
5 goals by a young forward in a big loss sound like a pretty good positive for me?
They werent 5 'joe the goose' easy goals. He played well and kicked 5.

Perhaps!!!!!
Geez thats tuff.
5 goals by a young forward in a big loss sound like a pretty good positive for me?
They werent 5 'joe the goose' easy goals. He played well and kicked 5.
There you go again with this common sense stuff

I would like a 6'7" forward to mark the ball.... Especially forward of the centre, if he going to play there.
He played on Lever and Cheney and should have exposed them one out in the air.

He got his hands on the footy at ground level and used it pretty well
But with NO too we need him to mark the footy as a forward target i50

I would like a 6'7" forward to mark the ball.... Especially forward of the centre, if he going to play there.

Would've helped if he had some decent delivery, kicking was shocking today

Im lost mate o_O
Do you think he played well or just perhaps??
Hang on are will still talking about Bruce??

6'7" fwds don't need laces out delivery... His role is to anchor the fwd line

He was in half a dozen contests, got his hands to two... Should have held at least one ... One he did rove. And kick a nice goal.

Atm
Hickey is the bizarro Schnieder

The other bloke wasn't great #23

He was the beneficiary of an open fwd line
Ball movement at speed

And some woeful umpiring

Eddie ran rings around Sean, it was hard to watch
So Cameron was benefited by an open forward line?

Pretty sure Eddie Betts played in that same open forward line... Am I right?

Sean was left a sitting duck when the sling shot play was in action. 3 of Betts' goals were when Sean wasn't even in the picture & there was a big long kick to Betts alone in the goalsquare.

Nobody could have stopped Betts today in those circumstances, and playing Webster on him would have been worse, cos if Cameron can kick 3 on Jimmy, Betts would have ended up with 12 goals IMHO

Do you think he played well Snake??

Isn't that what you should care about?

I think Brucey played well, perhaps along with Weller
The only winners stk had imo

Did he dominate
Not really... But was certainly impressive again.
How do you measure performance Snake?? I'm interested to know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Josh Bruce Gun, although dropped a mark or two.
David Armitage OK. Made a few iffy decisions.
Jack Newnes Solid, but needs to nail the goals.
Jack Steven Not the best day, and made a bewildering decision going forward.
Sean Dempster Was going ok. But wrong match up for Eddie and really struggled with him in the end.
Sam Fisher Quiet.
Tom Hickey Gun. Strong, good hands, good kick, good coverage, good brain.
Eli Templeton Maybe I didn't notice him as much with the haircut? I'll watch the replay.
Shane Savage Quiet.
Jack Sinclair Missed a few kicks which is abnormal.
Jack Billings OK.
Jimmy Webster Very good. Strong, quick, bullet kick.
Maverick Weller Quiet but filled space well.
Adam Schneider Quiet.
Cameron Shenton Very good after coming on.
Dylan Roberton OK but takes some risky kicks down back.
Luke Dunstan Quiet. One or two good things but looked really out of it. Maybe a run at Sandy.
Billy Longer Needs to position better and clunk the marks a kick down play. Still young.
Luke Delaney Lost Walker many times, just couldn't keep up. But still kept him relatively quiet.
Daniel McKenzie Will keep getting better. Makes the right choice. Just needs to adapt to the speed in close.
Nick Riewoldt KO.
Jack Lonie KO.
Leigh Montagna Tight.
Jarryn Geary Sore.

So we lost two guys pre game, not ideal. Then another two before quarter time. Roo was sweeping the backline pretty well before he went down. Missed Lonie's energy. Conversion bad. The Crows just positioned themselves well, always having two or three out the back or ready for the switch, we couldn't close the space quick enough. I think all our guys were around the packs trying to win the clearance with numbers, but Thompson was huge inside. They kept the forward line relatively open. Eddie was unstoppable, we have so many halfback flankers, yet no one would be able to shut him down. All in all the Crows didn't give us much space, and we haven't the experience to work through it. Betts 3, Thompson 2, Bruce 1. I loved getting along a finally getting to see the work that goes on off the ball. Dempster really is almost perfect down field, positioning and closing down. No one can handle Eddie though.

And umpire 11 - Curtis Deboy, absolute disgrace. Enjoy your payout mate. He certainly made sure he would get out alive. He was dressed in yellow, just missing blue and red. Single handedly gifted the Crows the game in the first half. I'm not an umpire basher when they do their best, but his performance was remarkably dodgy. Talk about whispers in the sky.

I think we have a lot to take out of today.

We played well most of the day but really only let ourselves down in our goalkicking (the adelaide crowd was feral), and inside 50 decision making. The more experienced the team gets the better we will be at making the most use of our forward 50 entries.

Being 2 down from q time didn't help, and I'm happy the boys endurance largely held up.

Which one on one battles did Cameron win?? Against Jimmy

He got a couple of frees, Weller and Longer tackles...,kicked a goal on the fly... Thanks to there being room to move.
In fact I don't remember Cameron beating Webster in the contest.

Eddie won a number of contests and beat his man easily.

Why was he left 20m clear, goal side after a mid turn over??? On three occasions??

Do you think he played well Snake??

Isn't that what you should care about?

I think Brucey played well, perhaps along with Weller
The only winners stk had imo

Did he dominate
Not really... But was certainly impressive again.
How do you measure performance Snake?? I'm interested to know.
I thought Bruce played very well. He seems to be playing with confidence each week. He flies for marks and doesnt seem to sulk or drop his head if he misses a shot or has bad delivery etc. Seems like a physical attacking fwd without giving away silly free kicks. I really like his style of play.
I thought he presented well again today and i thought 5 goals by a young fwd ( or an experienced fwd for that matter) was a great return on a difficult day for our team.
Wasnt a personal attack Marty. If anybody else here hadve said "perhaps'" i probably wouldve questioned them as well.
Nothing wrong with that mate. Just as you questioning my reply is OK :thumbsu:

To start and leave Dempster on Betts all day was some of the worst coaching I have ever seen from AR ! You could almost say he coached to lose today?..

I think he was pretty good in the fact he won a number of contests

I think he missed a few other opportunities

The ball was funnelled through him a lot, so hopefully he'd convert a few chances.

His best piece of play, was not a mark, nor a goal... It was a contested possession

So perhaps he was our only positive?

I can't wait for when McCartin gets going in a couple of years. Bruce and McCartin in the forward line kicking bags will be a sight to see.
Not too many positives for today's game.
Watching Dunstan, he needs to learn two way running. Only seems to be effective at stoppage atm.

Or Armo is getting more opportunity.

If you get more minutes in the middle... And the ball is directed to you... You will inevitably win it more.
Perhaps the club was slow in developing him??
Perhaps the 20pos 2goal game in 2008 was an indicator he could play??
Or the 3 vote game in 2009??

Are Billings, Templeton, Newnes and Dunstan slower now than when they arrived at the club?

All appear to be running heavy....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back