Review #1: Chris Newman Observatory - Will Retire End of Season

Remove this Banner Ad

If we've created a culture out of taking the piss out of our most fanatical supporters then we've created a crap culture . Yes we've all been to functions in our work life we don't want to go to but we don't create puff pieces of us taking the piss out of our clients.

This is a joke and 80% of it shouldn't of got past the cutting room floor. Our media manager is un professional to let that crap hit our website .

I wonder if taking the piss out of our supporters is one of the " certain set of values" that combined together equals " The Richmond Way " Hardwick always craps on about

You had me until you wove Hardwick into it. Otherwise your point is very well made.
I may be getting to old to appreciate this media stuff, but if I was putting 20 grand into the club sponsoring Jack to then come home and see that...not entirely happy.

What happened to that thread btw?

I have been following your post for years, somehow I think you are down on most things Richmond and maybe just a really unhappy man
:D:D:D:cry:

The video was generally crap but I don't see why anyone would be taking it personally and nit picking behaviours of individual players on it. Some people need to get a life really.
The only issue I had with it was that about ten days ago Chaplin basically stood up and publicly told the playing group grow up and toughen up. Then he behaves in the complete opposite and demonstrates poor leadership
It really was distasteful to me because of the contradiction in his behaviour from last week
I don't know if that encourages poor standards to the younger kids, but it makes it hard for me to take this guy seriously

The only issue I had with it was that about ten days ago Chaplin basically stood up and publicly told the playing group grow up and toughen up. Then he behaves in the complete opposite and demonstrates poor leadership
It really was distasteful to me because of the contradiction in his behaviour from last week
I don't know if that encourages poor standards to the younger kids, but it makes it hard for me to take this guy seriously

You can't be serious. It was meant to be something light hearted and shows they are human. I can't believe how deeply you look into this non issue of a video. If he pulled out a rubber chicken, then i might agree with you. Then again, I found the rubber chicken slightly funny.

You can't be serious. It was meant to be something light hearted and shows they are human. I can't believe how deeply you look into this non issue of a video. If he pulled out a rubber chicken, then i might agree with you. Then again, I found the rubber chicken slightly funny.
Sorry I couldn't see the humour in it
To me it showed disrespect ,contradictions and poor leadership skills
Maybe I'm like Livo and too old for this xxxx or I'm just sick of all the immature docos the club has been making lately. I mean TV cats came up again.

Maybe I'm like Livo and too old for this xxxx or I'm just sick of all the immature docos the club has been making lately. I mean TV cats came up again.

Would you like all clubs to ban mad mondays for the children?

I don't mind the immaturity and the stupidity.
It's going to a sponsors function and not actually promoting the said sponsors that annoys me a bit. In fact the attitude of "I'd rather be anywhere else" was the problem. Like they forgot it was actually going to be broadcast.
At least pretend a bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't mind the immaturity and the stupidity.
It's going to a sponsors function and not actually promoting the said sponsors that annoys me a bit. In fact the attitude of "I'd rather be anywhere else" was the problem. Like they forgot it was actually going to be broadcast.
At least pretend a bit.
That's the editor who has a problem

You had me until you wove Hardwick into it. Otherwise your point is very well made.
I may be getting to old to appreciate this media stuff, but if I was putting 20 grand into the club sponsoring Jack to then come home and see that...not entirely happy.

What happened to that thread btw?
I'm not taking the piss out of Hardiwck there . Unless you think the Richmond way is a croc . I'm making the point that there is no way that taking the piss out of supporters would anyway be part of the Richmond Way Mantra what ever it is.

I think you'll find Chappy said that it was time for the playing group" to grow up and act like Men "

This is school boy crap and disrespectful . What shitse the most is that it's another example of our media department riding shot gun over what the footy department is trying to achieve and that is respect . The same people that support these players financially rock up week in week out and support these players as they troll out crap like Rounds 2 , 4 , 5 & 6 and this is how the players perceive them.

Who ever was directing these guys on the night should have put their foot down and when they didn't they should of just edited all the big head crap out of it.

who would be lining up to sponsor a player after that .

I think you'll find Chappy said that it was time for the playing group" to grow up and act like Men "

This is school boy crap and disrespectful . What shitse the most is that it's another example of our media department riding shot gun over what the footy department is trying to achieve and that is respect . The same people that support these players financially rock up week in week out and support these players as they troll out crap like Rounds 2 , 4 , 5 & 6 and this is how the players perceive them.

Who ever was directing these guys on the night should have put their foot down and when they didn't they should of just edited all the big head crap out of it.

who would be lining up to sponsor a player after that .
Oh! Dear I thought you might have cheered up

Oh! Dear I thought you might have cheered up
Did you like the part where Jack was asked what was good about the night and he answered " it only goes for 1 hour where as it used to got for 3 hours " ? Or the part when they were rolling there eyes saying " signing , signing , singling snd more signing ?

I'm not taking the piss out of Hardiwck there . Unless you think the Richmond way is a croc . I'm making the point that there is no way that taking the piss out of supporters would anyway be part of the Richmond Way Mantra what ever it is.

The Richmond Way is being overplayed to buggery on here.

All it is, like in just about every organisation, a basic set of principles we all agree to operate under. Nothing special and nothing to carry on about. But you know that.

The real worry is that Hardwick said he was a 50/50 chance.....like we need him in the team. The fact that he keeps on picking people like Newman and Morris that contribute very little is exactly the reason that the team is not playing as a team (playing for each other) and that will always happen when the coach breeds a culture of rewarding players on reputation rather than form.

We can only go forward once Newman is cut from our list. If he was such a 'good bloke' he would have followed Jackson's lead and retired because he knew his best was past him.

A bunch of players still play regardless of if their best is behind them. You going to stop rooting birds even though you reach your sexual peak at 18-20 years of age? Yup didn't think so....

Newman plays football for a living.... he's not going to give it away if he thinks he still has something to give. You aren't going to give up a well-paying job just because you cared more about it 2 years ago.... Newman probably cares more about his job than many of us do about ours.

It's up to the list managers to get rid of him.... to say otherwise is just pure rubbish.

If we've created a culture out of taking the piss out of our most fanatical supporters then we've created a crap culture . Yes we've all been to functions in our work life we don't want to go to but we don't create puff pieces of us taking the piss out of our clients.

This is a joke and 80% of it shouldn't of got past the cutting room floor. Our media manager is un professional to let that crap hit our website .

I wonder if taking the piss out of our supporters is one of the " certain set of values" that combined together equals " The Richmond Way " Hardwick always craps on about

I would hope that the supporters have nothing to do with any value to do with the playing group.... The club has a duty to the supporters and to trot players out in front of them at various functions to create an 'inside' feeling etc etc but I wouldn't expect all players to love it or even like it.

I'm off to watch it now to see how the media manager handled it but I don't begrudge the players their views....

Having watched it, I have no issue with it whatsoever. JR was the only one who seemed as though he wasn't enamoured to have the night go 3 times as long as it used to..... Most of the players seemed genuinely annoyed with Troy.....

Last edited:
I would hope that the supporters have nothing to do with any value to do with the playing group.... The club has a duty to the supporters and to trot players out in front of them at various functions to create an 'inside' feeling etc etc but I wouldn't expect all players to love it or even like it.

I'm off to watch it now to see how the media manager handled it but I don't begrudge the players their views....

Having watched it, I have no issue with it whatsoever. JR was the only one who seemed as though he wasn't enamoured to have the night go 3 times as long as it used to..... Most of the players seemed genuinely annoyed with Troy.....
He comes across as a great leader of the club doesn't he ? A real winner !

He comes across as a great leader of the club doesn't he ? A real winner !

Chaplin??? Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of him being in the leadership group.... Mind you the players voted him in.... so perhaps they should be shouldering some of the blame.....

For 2016 who would you like to see in/out of the leadership team?

I'd like Morris/Chappy out.... JR, Miles and Vlas in.... without really thinking about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back