Round 8 2015: Hawthorn vs Sydney - MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember when the hawks rolled us in 2013 after we beat them in the granny, hawks fans on here were absolutely giving it to us.

Well, I'm going to be the bigger man today.

We really didn't deserve to win, hawks dominated 90% of the game...

... BUT THEY COULDN'T KICK GOALS WHEN IT MATTERED, JUST LIKE 2012 YOU CAMPAIGNERS!!
Any chance swans can beat us on their own merit instead of getting it handed to them? o_O

Well to be honest what happened out west tonight made this game a sideshow. North are a contender and Freo utterly destroyed them.

To be honest the Hawks and Swans are fighting for the chance to be runner up this year.

Can Fremantle do it in September though? Don't think you can ever say a team has the flag after last year and 2012.

It's mind boggling how he keeps getting a game... It really baffles the majority of our supporters.

I thought it was because he has a beautiful kick and that compliments the Hawks game plan. Obviously a good kick alone shouldn't get you a game in the AFL.

Well to be honest what happened out west tonight made this game a sideshow. North are a contender and Freo utterly destroyed them.

To be honest the Hawks and Swans are fighting for the chance to be runner up this year.

Who is fighting for 9th?

Hannebery stuff not to get BOG. What are his brownlow odds? If Fyfe gets suspended he would be a good shot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

really? So high contact I the spoil = 50m does it?
never knew that

Can you explain the advantage from a mark call as well?

That was baffling

Especially when mcglynn almost stuffed it :p

really? So high contact I the spoil = 50m does it?
never knew that

Can you explain the advantage from a mark call as well?

Yeah when you make no attempt at the ball and a fair attempt at the coat hanger they pay 50s these days. Remember the Jordan Lewis one?

They paid it a non mark and an arm chop. Would have preferred the mark rather than the terrible play on. Only reason we got a goal in the end was a Hawks fluff up on the goal line.

Anything else?

Rioli was great- I think he's an exciting and talented player, I think he's overrated and I think injuries are a large part of him not really playing to his full ability or to the extent he's hyped up...

BUT

The commentators make him insufferable, them over-reacting to everything he does than trying to justify his mark between two players being uncontested as "It's the way he just jumps up" is painful. It's painful to listen to the commentators talk about him all match and it was almost euphoric to watch the game slip between his fingers.

Pretty much summed it up. A good player who is dangerous as all hell but overrated severely by the media. Listening to the commentators rub one out over pretty standard passages of play involving him was horrific

North a contender? I don't think their supporters even think they are in the same league as the teams in this thread.

Are there fans who seriously think that the Swans were handed the win? What ******* game were they watching, Eurovision?!

A great game, one of the season's best, marred by some incredibly biased and disgraceful I've ever seen for 2 quarters of football, topped off with a hands-off approach in the last.

If any group of supporters should complain its the Swans.

In the end we were good enough to overcome the Hawks and 3 cheating scumbags.

And roughead will get cited for his off the ball rib tickler on Shaw in the 1st.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back