Past #25: Robbie Tarrant - traded to RFC for CCJ&picks - 2yr deal at RFC - 174 NM games/44 NM goals - retires 13/7/23 effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

Field kicking was good. Defensive efforts good as well. Tends to take too long to find a target. Needs to increase his awareness of where our players are spreading and who is providing options. He can defend, just needs to be quicker and smarter with the footy.
Which will come with games, don't forget how many injuries the poor guy has had.

Field kicking was good. Defensive efforts good as well. Tends to take too long to find a target. Needs to increase his awareness of where our players are spreading and who is providing options. He can defend, just needs to be quicker and smarter with the footy.

A lot of this sums up our back 6. All very good defenders in their own right but as a collective group it's not ideal.

Last edited:
He's yet to really do it in games but in the match sum stuff I've seen at training he attacks very well coming out of defence. Didn't realize how quick he is for a big fella. I imagine he's just trying to get his defensive game sorted and will build to that.

If he gets to the point where he starts bringing that to his seniors game, look out.

I've gotta say its so nice to read all the positive stuff about Taz these last few weeks. Some of the crap that got written about him being slow, having concrete hands, and questioning his commitment.
Love Taz and always believed we would be a far better team with him on the park.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah Pederson is going well for Melb and good luck to him.

I think we should have kept both but maybe that's just me.

Is defence just easier?

Tarrant, struggles forward. Smashes it as a defender.
Hansen, stagnated forward. Our most important player in defence.
Petrie, whenever he goes into defence, he looks awesome.

Is it easier there, or are our former forwards turned defenders just illustrating how well the other team deliver the ball, and how they wish ours would do the same?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back