No Oppo Supporters 2015 General AFL Discussion Thread (Swans Posters Only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boyd is ordinary. What possessed doggies to pay that much for him is the million dollar question.

Griffen has turned GWS into a finals aspirant, Boyd could cost the Dogs a finals spot spudding it up like he does.

Not to mention that the Bulldogs are still paying most of Griffen's salary. I'm not sure how long that arrangement will last.

GWS also got three picks inside the top 7 as a result of deals done.

Hogan definitely looks the better prospect at this stage, which is impressive considering his time out last year.

Boyd bailing on GWS after one year shows that he is not the sort of person that you want to build your club around. The Brisbane Lions will probably chase Boyd in the offseason and Boyd will cite the need to get out of the AFL Melbourne bubble and relocate to a warmer climate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Raise the draft age to 20. Kids are getting hammered physically before their bodies are ready.

Not something I'm against at all, but the AFLPA and managers would work their arses off to block it.

It'd take a lot of reordering country-wide for where all 18yo's and 19yo's play footy until their eligible. Do they play state footy? Do state footy clubs add colt sides to take on those players?

Not impossible, but it'd take a huge amount of work. I like the idea of raising the draft age though.

Not something I'm against at all, but the AFLPA and managers would work their arses off to block it.

It'd take a lot of reordering country-wide for where all 18yo's and 19yo's play footy until their eligible. Do they play state footy? Do state footy clubs add colt sides to take on those players?

Not impossible, but it'd take a huge amount of work. I like the idea of raising the draft age though.

The answer to this (and it might also be the answer to the academies as well) would be to restore the under 19s and make it an under 21s

Has anyone seen the Hawks comments in the MRP thread?? re: McVeigh vs Mitchell hits ? Worth a look if you need a laugh

Mcveighs king hit you mean

Mitchell just got surprised and sorta knocked tommy in his shock

Apparently

Mcveighs king hit you mean

Mitchell just got surprised and sorta knocked tommy in his shock

Apparently
Sorry should have been more detailed, I meant in comparison to their views on the MRP after Lewis/Hodge hits.
Calling for 'cheap shots' to be removed from the game etc McVeigh should be an example and get 4 week etc.

I think McVeigh deserves prob 1 week maybe a fine, similar with mitchell.

Sorry should have been more detailed, I meant in comparison to their views on the MRP after Lewis/Hodge hits.
Calling for 'cheap shots' to be removed from the game etc McVeigh should be an example and get 4 week etc.

I think McVeigh deserves prob 1 week maybe a fine, similar with mitchell.

They take losses well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back