Preview Round 9: Richmond v Essendon Saturday 30 May 7:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Play nobody on Houli and we'll get 30 goals from mad long sprayed kick turnovers.

LFdNwtP.gif

Worried about being flat this weekend, gave everything against port
Yes agree

Watching the game again last night I noticed how tired we were coming off the field

We have played some good football in the last two weeks hopefully it will be the same on Saturday

Yes agree

Watching the game again last night I noticed how tired we were coming off the field

We have played some good football in the last two weeks hopefully it will be the same on Saturday
Professional players and run by professionals, if they sense what you have i'm sure they will take it easy on them to freshen them up. Don't worry too much stig.

Essendon were very average last week. Were up against absolutely nothing in Brisbane...in fact Lions pressure was embarrassing and they struggled to kick away for over a half.

If we bring pressure and win the clearances we should win.

Will Zaharakis come back in for the bombers?
Like him as a player and think his run and carry can cause us problems.
Essendon
Player Injury Estimated Return
Heath Hocking Groin 4-6 weeks
Nick Kommer Knee 4 weeks
Jake Long Thumb 5-6 weeks
David Myers Shoulder 4 weeks
Jason Winderlich* Back 4 weeks
David Zaharakis Ankle 1 week
Updated: Tuesday, May 26

Essendon were very average last week. Were up against absolutely nothing in Brisbane...in fact Lions pressure was embarrassing and they struggled to kick away for over a half.

If we bring pressure and win the clearances we should win.

I wouldn't be dismissing Essendon's performance against Brisbane that lightly, they too beat Port Adelaide by just as much as Richmond did a week earlier. It's funny you mention the clearances though, We aren't a great clearance side at all but do you think that's where you guys will need to get on top? It's interesting to note you have lost the last two clearance counts but won the game, yet the previous 3 matches you won the clearances and lost the game.

Im worried about Cooney and Chapman, the two of them are very dangerous on the flanks. I still think Essendon made the wrong call picking them both up when they won't be there in 2 years when they'd realistically want to be challenging but as of right now you need to pay them respect.

I wouldn't be dismissing Essendon's performance against Brisbane that lightly, they too beat Port Adelaide by just as much as Richmond did a week earlier. It's funny you mention the clearances though, We aren't a great clearance side at all but do you think that's where you guys will need to get on top? It's interesting to note you have lost the last two clearance counts but won the game, yet the previous 3 matches you won the clearances and lost the game.

will they win the clearances when they travel to Switerland halftimehero?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's less about clearances and more about our efficiency going inside 50 that will help decide the game. If we are inefficient like we were against north and the dogs we will lose. I'm fairly confident if we are smart with our entries we should win

Our backline should be able to contain Jack. Martin, Deludio & Cotchin the obvious dangers for us and how much influence they have on the game will play a big part in the outcome.
As will the performance of Daniher who is flying, and both Goddard & Watson who are due to lift

Our backline should be able to contain Jack. Martin, Deludio & Cotchin the obvious dangers for us and how much influence they have on the game will play a big part in the outcome.
As will the performance of Daniher who is flying, and both Goddard & Watson who are due to lift
You can include Maric in that, but I'd say it more depends on the second tier. If Grigg, Ellis, Edwards, Griffiths, Miles, Houli etc have good games we generally win.

Plain stupid to trade a player when their stock is at their lowest in regards to Conca. What we would get in return would be no where near what a fit Conca could provide for us. It's not like he is a liability off field (E.g. Robinson and Gartlett) or has his past his prime (Cooney) where we have to settle for less because of circumstances (Attitude and age) out of our control. He is injured, he will return, and he will contribute to this Richmond side going forward. I'm not saying I'm against trading players, or players that best 22, but the club should aim to get at least equal or higher worth in return.

Yeah.... might have missed the bit where I said trading him if we get a good result out of it. Also mentioned that he would have been back playing and running around picking up cheapies and having high possession counts....

Unless you aren't talking about me or you think trading Conca in a situation where we win out of it is a bad idea :rolleyes:

Agree to Disagree.

Its the PLAYERS responsibility to be clean, and thats why i am disgusted with the CLUB as i believe the club from Doctor to head coach were all aware that it was highly unethical and based on being off site and Virtually No One knowing what was in the injections one could assume something illegal based on what Jobe had said and Danks history..

Professional sports people earning very good money have a responsibility to themselves, their family, friends, club, sport etc

Anyhow happy for you and others if that be the case to feel sorry for the players.

Me - The players have got 3 years longer in their delayed banning allowing some to finish their career..

I have no sympathy or empathy at all for any of those cheating tirds involved!

Fair enough... you are entitled to your opinion. I couldn't agree more with the unethical part.... Pity there is no definitive proof of what I suspect happened....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back