Round 9 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As promised guys- as a community service I'm letting you know who I've dumped this week to allow you the opportunity to vc them because they'll no doubt go huge..

Out- Touk and taz.

You heard it first.

I have a feeling freo will lose this week. Dangerfield could be a worthy pod captain for the brave.
Was thinking about tipping Adelaide as a POD in my footy tips comp. I asked a couple of Crows supporters at work whether they could win. I got an emphatic NO. Maybe with Sloane in and less injuries but NO.

Despite that I'm still thinking of tipping them. :eek:

Was thinking about tipping Adelaide as a POD in my footy tips comp. I asked a couple of Crows supporters at work whether they could win. I got an emphatic NO. Maybe with Sloane in and less injuries but NO.

The POD may well be you falling further behind. IMO never chase a massive upset in a tipping com, you'll get left behind. If you think it'll be an upset, chuck $10 on them instead.

Thought it might be worth starting a discussion (for me and others) on who are the best cows to axe and who to keep.

This week it's between Touk Miller and Patrick Cripps for me.

The key factors:

Bye strategy
Pat has a rare Rnd 11 bye while Touk has an all too common rnd 12 bye (making Pat the better bye choice to keep) BUT Touk could play rnd 11 then be upgraded to a premium who has had their bye, effectively giving you 1 extra score you can't get with Cripps.

Averages and profit
Cripps averages 95 and Touk 73. If these continue, Cripps will go up 10K over 3 and keep rising in small numbers after that. Touk will go down 4K over 3 and small drops after that. Given you're also getting more points from Cripps he is the choice. However, Cripps average is bolstered by his 176 and Touk's effected by the 30's he got in rnd 1 and 2. From round 3 till now, Touk averages 86. Without Cripps' day out v. StKilda, he averages 79. With these averages, Cripps would lose 23K in 3 weeks and Touk go up 23 in 3.

Opponents
Miller plays Haw, Syd and Freo leading into the bye (then softens) - very tough. Cripps plays Syd, Ade (and Port after the bye before it softens). Also very, albeit slightly less, tough. Then there's the theory that Cripps will do more without Judd, Gibbs, etc which has the flip side that the Blues will just be flogged even worse.

Anyone got any conclusions out of all of that (besides that I have no life)?

Thought it might be worth starting a discussion (for me and others) on who are the best cows to axe and who to keep.

The key factors:

Bye strategy
Pat has a rare Rnd 11 bye while Touk has an all too common rnd 12 bye (making Pat the better bye choice to keep) BUT Touk could play rnd 11 then be upgraded to a premium who has had their bye, effectively giving you 1 extra score you can't get with Cripps.

Averages and profit
Cripps averages 95 and Touk 73. If these continue, Cripps will go up 10K over 3 and keep rising in small numbers after that. Touk will go down 4K over 3 and small drops after that. Given you're also getting more points from Cripps he is the choice. However, Cripps average is bolstered by his 176 and Touk's effected by the 30's he got in rnd 1 and 2. From round 3 till now, Touk averages 86. Without Cripps' day out v. StKilda, he averages 79. With these averages, Cripps would lose 23K in 3 weeks and Touk go up 23 in 3.

Opponents
Miller plays Haw, Syd and Freo leading into the bye (then softens) - very tough. Cripps plays Syd, Ade (and Port after the bye before it softens). Also very, albeit slightly less, tough. Then there's the theory that Cripps will do more without Judd, Gibbs, etc which has the flip side that the Blues will just be flogged even worse.

In my eyes, what you've concluded is that neither are making you a lot more money without a massive game, or at least consecutive 100s. From what we've seen, Cripps has the higher ceiling. However, you can't really bank on them having a massive game. I would therefore look at bye structures and what you think each player will score like from here.

If you're like me and short during rounds 12 & 13 but have plenty playing round 11 maybe hold Cripps. Otherwise, if there is a premium playing round 11 that you want to trade into your final side, trade Touk to him in round 12

The key factors:

Bye strategy

Averages and profit

Opponents

Got rid of Cripps for rocky. Rocky you will potentially save 250. Cripps may only earn me 100.
Dont have tuk tuk. :)

Oh, most of us don't have a life either !:D:p

I hope I'm not playing anyone with 4 or 5 sydney players I rekon you could guarantee tons to Parker,hannas, jack, titch, McVeigh,mcglinn and buddy. I have JPK so he'll take it easy no doubt :(

I have 3 of those guys in my Draft Team's midfield this week. :)

swans.JPG

Carlton good value at 18/1 this week. :drunk:

I have 3 of those guys in my Draft Team's midfield this week. :)

View attachment 138843
As an aside, I like the lack of players in your draft team. In my league we're only playing one short on each line, and you end up with scrubbers everywhere. It doesn't help that half the people have lost interest so you can't really trade

dUkezz we're playing off this weekend in tragics 2. i think it's gonna be hard for me to get the W. lots of similar players. you seem to have a couple more premos than me and one of my PODs (Yeo) is missing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide have good match ups for freo plus the home ground adv if Adelaide go hard and freo go to two games clear take it a bit easy mode I think it is a game freo could possibly let slip but it would be a brave man to tip against them.

For those with Paddy Ryder:

"Port Adelaide will attempt to snap it's three-match losing streak in Alice Springs tomorrow without Paddy Ryder. The ruckman has an inflamed Achilles which Ken Hinkley hinted may need several weeks to heal."

Phew, dodged that bullet last week, went with Blicavs instead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back