Mega Thread Possible trades in 2015 for the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plays footy well?
What like 2 touches in the first half?

Or the other bloke that had a glass of wine to get to sleep and does his hammy in the first 5 minutes.

I mean yeah good excuse, but doesn't look like its helping his preparation.

Also they ordered a bottle between the two of them, so doubtful they had 1 glass only.

If he does it before every game, how he performed in the game he got caught means nothing.

If he does it before every game, how he performed in the game he got caught means nothing.

And does he do it every game?
Even though they have an alcohol ban?

So either he did it once, got caught and made up a bs excuse....or he's been breaking team rules all season.

One way or another... its a big fat NO from me.

I'm 100% sure he would've made the club aware of these issues if that excuse was a real one.

Dixon, like Tippett, looks amazing when the big mark comes off but it rarely happens.

Yes, you pay a premium for the structure of a forward/2R but I'd be inclined to see if Jenkins has turned over a new leaf or returns to stinking again before shelling out the big money on somebody else.

Plays footy well?
What like 2 touches in the first half?

Or the other bloke that had a glass of wine to get to sleep and does his hammy in the first 5 minutes.

I mean yeah good excuse, but doesn't look like its helping his preparation.

Also they ordered a bottle between the two of them, so doubtful they had 1 glass only.
2 bottles apparently

So according to this thread, names to trade for are

Dixon (GC)
Hendo & Yarran (Car)
Scharenburg (Col)
Aish (Bri)

Well if we can pull of all those I will be pretty stoked.

I'd add Carlisle (Essendon), Tarrant (NM), Motlop (Gee), Thompson (GC), Day (GC), Hampton (GWS) and Toumpas (Melb) to that list as ones who have been mentioned a lot.

I'm a little confused. The last 2 years we have complained about the lack of speed and foot skills of our team, Right?

Then 2 players with these traits become linked to the possibility of becoming crows in this years trade period.

Steven Motlop and Chris Yarran will make us a much more balanced team and people on here say they don't want them because they may cost too much. You have got to be bloody kidding me.

200.gif

200.gif

200.gif

I'd add Carlisle (Essendon), Tarrant (NM), Motlop (Gee), Thompson (GC), Day (GC), Hampton (GWS) and Toumpas (Melb) to that list as ones who have been mentioned a lot.

Of those I put them in a few categories:

Really Want: Carlisle, Motlop
Somewhat want: Thompson, Toumpas (I think he could end up being a good footballer)
Meh: Hampton, Day
Dont Want: Tarrant

I'm a little confused. The last 2 years we have complained about the lack of speed and foot skills of our team, Right?

Then 2 players with these traits become linked to the possibility of becoming crows in this years trade period.

Steven Motlop and Chris Yarran will make us a much more balanced team and people on here say they don't want them because they may cost too much. You have got to be bloody kidding me.

200.gif

200.gif

200.gif

Its interesting isnt it.
Almost like half this board is living in mid 90s salary cap world.

FFS the Salary Cap is $10m and rising every year.
600k is 6% of that cap.

200.gif

200.gif

200.gif

just because someone is quick, doesn't mean they worth a first round pick.
Quality memes though :thumbsu:

200.gif

200.gif

200.gif
it is actually a human trait to undervalue something that you don't have, but overvalue it once you have it, so its not really suprising.

You probably need to put it in context to others that are paid the same.

I

Of those I put them in a few categories:

Really Want: Carlisle, Motlop
Somewhat want: Thompson, Toumpas (I think he could end up being a good footballer)
Meh: Hampton, Day
Dont Want: Tarrant

Really Want: Motlop, Aish
Somewhat Want: Thompson, Scharenberg, Carlisle (ASADA), Henderson, Yarran
Meh: Toumpas, Hampton, Day, Tarrant
Don't Want: Dixon (at $750k)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i know many crows supporters would probably say no too this but how does getting Charlie Dixon sound he would be perfect in my opinion another key tall is what we are desperately needing and he has shown his talent.

i know many crows supporters would probably say no too this but how does getting Charlie Dixon sound he would be perfect in my opinion another key tall is what we are desperately needing and he has shown his talent.
Weve said no because he wants twice what hes worth.

Its interesting isnt it.
Almost like half this board is living in mid 90s salary cap world.

FFS the Salary Cap is $10m and rising every year.
600k is 6% of that cap.

6% of the cap is also 260% of the average players wage, you need quite a few players on minimum pay to have just one player taking up 6% of the cap.

6% of the cap is also 260% of the average players wage, you need quite a few players on minimum pay to have just one player taking up 6% of the cap.
You have at least 6 on minimum wage.

A big list manager said you pay 50% of cap to the top 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back