General cycling news and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Rather lacklustre Paris-Roubaix last night if I'm to be honest. No real big attacks, 7 man sprint finish, which wasn't exciting because you just knew Degenkolb would win.

Well done to Degenkolb though, he did what he had to do to win.

Wiggins didn't even finish best if the Sky riders. Shame....

Great finish to the Amstel Gold. Matthews and Gilbert up the last climb :straining:. Although may have cost Bling the legs at the end.
Probably cost Gilbert the win too. Last year he had a similar lead when he topped the Caugberg and soloed to a comfortable win. This year he had Bling hot on his hammer, figured he couldn't beat Bling in a sprint, so he sat up and let the others catch up. He finished 10th...

Bling was cooked after chasing Gilbert up the climb and had nothing left to give for the final sprint just down the road.

Although he'll no doubt be frustrated with not getting the win, excellent to see Matthews continue his consistency with another podium.

Porte in some incredible form, leading the Giro del Trentino, a summit finish tonight so if he doesn't lose time he should win overall easy.

Podium girl on the right deserves a mention.

CDOU7sjWYAARYBF.jpg

Great stage in the tour of california just now. Sagan went all the way with the climbers up Mt Baldy, 2 seconds off GC and should get that back with intermediate time bonuses tommorow.

Shame they run cal at same time
Surely this has to be one of the first changes made when they revamp the World Tour schedule? There's all this talk about having the best riders at the same races, and here we have half the riders in the Tour of California while the Giro is on. It just makes no sense.

Surely this has to be one of the first changes made when they revamp the World Tour schedule? There's all this talk about having the best riders at the same races, and here we have half the riders in the Tour of California while the Giro is on. It just makes no sense.

Would take big reshuffling though as you couldn't just bring Cali forward a week or two because it would still force riders/teams to pick which one they ride in.

From a publicity sense it would be logical to not have them running concurrently however.

Would take big reshuffling though as you couldn't just bring Cali forward a week or two because it would still force riders/teams to pick which one they ride in.

From a publicity sense it would be logical to not have them running concurrently however.
Move it into June or April if they have to. Having another top level race running simultaneously with a Grand Tour is just insane. Fit the 3 Grand Tours into the schedule, then schedule the other races around them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

https://vid.me/pQDv

Wiggins went for the hour record last night. Give it a watch above if you're interested.

He totally destroyed it. Could only see Cancellara or Martin beating it to be honest, will stand a long time.

He totally destroyed it. Could only see Cancellara or Martin beating it to be honest, will stand a long time.
Don't think Cancellara will have a dip, seems more interested in world champs & the classics now than TTing. Would love to see Martin give it a good crack!!

Was good to see Dennis in the lead for couple of days, even if it was the TTT which got him there.

Froome looking like he might be coming into some form, but a nice finish by Bardet last night got him the win.

A new The Secret Pro article out - always worth a read. I'm as against this ludicrous situation with Astana as anyone, but it does seem a little disingenous to be praising Contador in the same article!

Was good to see Dennis in the lead for couple of days, even if it was the TTT which got him there.

Froome looking like he might be coming into some form, but a nice finish by Bardet last night got him the win.

A new The Secret Pro article out - always worth a read. I'm as against this ludicrous situation with Astana as anyone, but it does seem a little disingenous to be praising Contador in the same article!
They do raise a valid point about him showing weakness, while Landa and (to a lesser extent) Aru never did. Contador cracked big time on the Finestre and couldn't go with Landa when he accelerated away on the climb to Verbania, having burned all his tickets on the Mortirolo. He also struggled to have any impact at all after burning more tickets going clear of the rest of the pack on the downhill run to Verbania - he had nothing to give when he could/should have been working with Hejsedal to increase his advantage.

Astana were blatantly on the juice. The amazing thing is that not one of the professional journalists has printed any comments to that effect. I'm not suggesting that Contador was clean, but he wasn't on the junk to anywhere near the extent that Astana were.

They do raise a valid point about him showing weakness, while Landa and (to a lesser extent) Aru never did. Contador cracked big time on the Finestre and couldn't go with Landa when he accelerated away on the climb to Verbania, having burned all his tickets on the Mortirolo. He also struggled to have any impact at all after burning more tickets going clear of the rest of the pack on the downhill run to Verbania - he had nothing to give when he could/should have been working with Hejsedal to increase his advantage.

Astana were blatantly on the juice. The amazing thing is that not one of the professional journalists has printed any comments to that effect. I'm not suggesting that Contador was clean, but he wasn't on the junk to anywhere near the extent that Astana were.
And apparently contador has recovered extremely poorly

Love that Sagan has shut Oleg up.

Also Specialized have a new Venge, looks interesting to say the least.

And considering the problems Propel's have had with this aero V-brake stuff you would have no confidence at all looking at the brakes on that thing.

Hi all,

Does anyone in here do regular indoor training on a non-power and non-motor stationary trainer (eg, Kurt Kinetic Road Machine). I'm looking for a bit of feedback. I ride on the Kurt Kinetic trainer a bit during winter, but it's just doing basic workouts like Sufferfest and stuff. I record it on the Garmin and upload to Strava. But really it lacks any training depth. I'm thinking about writing a mobile app that will tap into the virtual power curves provided by some stationary trainers and creating "virtual" training. I'm thinking pretty much like TrianerRoad, except without the need for ridiculously expensive power taps or very expensive trainers that monitor power output.

If you're like me and want to get a bit more structured training on a basic stationary trainer, what features would you like to see in such an app? At the moment I'm thinking a library of workouts (h/r based, virtual power based, etc...). I've also put together a little feature that simulates a Strava segment. For example, if a climb is 5% over 5km, it will calculate your current speed based on virtual power, gradient etc...and gives an estimate of riding that segment whilst on a trainer (obviously this won't be particularly accurate, but it might be handy if wanting to train to smash a PB).

I'm really just brainstorming this idea at the moment and looking for suggestions as to what cyclists might want from such an app....any suggestions welcome...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back