Autopsy Round 13 - Sydney vs Richmond @ SCG - Changes for GWS

The best 5 players tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Was a game of two distinctly opposing halves. Rohan appeared to be on track for BOG honors, Buddy was menacing and Sydney took full advantage of our mistakes, where we didn't capitalize on theirs. Team selection and tactics were criticized - and rightly so.. or so the script should have kept reading..

Something happened at the half time break, and the leaders who had kept us in the contest, found a higher gear. Cotchin's third quarter lifted the entire side. Lids was already in the game, but he found another gear, and the midfield supported the backline. I thought Grimes was solid and Chaplin cut off anything that might have made it to Buddy / Tippett. Buddy's heroic actions will hopefully see him out of the game for a month - oh wait - it's Sydney. He will play next week. Tippett is the softest and weakest key position player to run onto an AFL ground. Goodes is laughable. An acting career beckons - a shadow of his former self. Reid was unnoticed - so credit to the backline - and then the mids standing up (Miles was as effective as Cotchin in the third). But there was one player who impressed me in the second half - Vlastiun. This kid's importance deserves more credit. It is like watching a 250 gamer in the peak of his powers. I gave him votes. He was fantastic. Jack was the difference. He is an inspirational leader. Vickery stood up as the second half delivery was superior, and he took advantage. He looked even better in the ruck, as once the ball hit the ground, he became another midfielder.

So Sydney's billion dollar forwardline falls apart. Their mids beaten. A 50 point turnaround on the SCG. I NEVER saw that coming - but it occurred to me this morning - Richmond simply DESERVED to win. Mature and hard football. The player's deserve the credit - as the second half didn't really have any positional changes other than maybe Griffiths on the wing ? I'll have to watch the game again.. If only there was a way to edit out Goodes - oh wait - don't have to do that - he barely went near the ball. The closest he got to any ball was Hunt's.

What's with Sydney supporters ? Do they still not know the rules, or were they booing Goodes ? Fair dinkum, if they were booing our players (especially Lids) then I hope they don't whinge when their "superstar" Goodes is booed every week.

Good one Tigers - This year has earned us some BIG scalps. Keep them coming !

Arnot isn't up to as a forward. Defensive forward perhaps but in essence he is an undersized midfielder.... without great pace. Not going to make it at the level... I'd play Short as a crumbing small. Something we don't have. McDonough may have first crack though....

Flat out just have to disagree with you again.

1st quarter
-Tight early
-Goodes and Buddy carrying on like a bunch of fukboys
2nd quarter
-Hannebery and crew steamrolled us
-Gordon, Hunt, Newman, Lambert, Griffo doin damn all and Tiger supporters ragin
-Jack battlin away
-Noodle arms everywhere. 13 tackles at half time.
-can't find the footy
3rd quarter
-Cotch activates god mode. Still can't kick at goals though, unless he's on his back.
-Tigs hit the front
-commentary team gutted
-Even Tyrone wreckin s**t
4th quarter
-Rance absolutely mindfuks Buddy. Utterly broke him.
-Jack cashes in
-Goodes not so lippy now
-Ivan kicks a cheeky soccer goal

Brilliant synopsis...I'd like to add...Vlastuin, the Leviathan Surf God...boldly parking his body in front of Buddy time and time again...cleaning up from HB and setting up our forward thrusts

Arnot isn't up to as a forward. Defensive forward perhaps but in essence he is an undersized midfielder.... without great pace. Not going to make it at the level... I'd play Short as a crumbing small. Something we don't have. McDonough may have first crack though....
Arnott would bring the intensity that Morris has up forward, in fact his best games have been as a forward. I'd like to see us give him a crack for the next few games especially if there's no one else putting their hand up.

Brilliant synopsis...I'd like to add...Vlastuin, the Leviathan Surf God...boldly parking his body in front of Buddy time and time again...cleaning up from HB and setting up our forward thrusts
Said a long time ago Vlastuin reminds me of Hodge, really hope he gets close

Well played guys, far too good for us in the second half.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Arnott would bring the intensity that Morris has up forward, in fact his best games have been as a forward. I'd like to see us give him a crack for the next few games especially if there's no one else putting their hand up.

His only games have been as a forward.... The fact that he brings Morris like intensity is irrelevant. He brings the same level of scoreboard danger of Morris.... precious little. Bring in a sneaky quick small forward. We don't need a defensive forward when we have Lids, JR, Dusty/Cotch and Titch down there. Those guys just win us the games if we get it in there with half reasonable delivery.....

McDonough has put his hand up a few times already.... still no crack at it. Short put his hand up with multiple goals today.... Lennon should get a crack before Arnot if we are talking forwards....

Again[/QUOTE]
Congratulations Guys. You were the better team over 4 quarters on the night.
nah our 2 quarters were better than your 2....like the freo game you can't expect any team to dominate for 4 quarters but you have to hang in there and not let margins get too big. Our first quarter wasn't a shocker and that helped keep the margin in tact. But great for RFC to have this come from behind win. We could not do that last year. We now just have to win at home and against average opposition.

Back