James Hird will “eventually” get sacked by Essendon, says Mark Thompson

Remove this Banner Ad

99% of coaches all get sacked, very few are given the golden handshake and retire at their own will. but yeah im sure hird will be sacked before he is given that golden hand shake
Are you for real? ******* lol

Coaches are employed by contracts that have a start and end date. If the coach is bad the club elects not to offer a new contract. If they're really bad they have that contract terminated (sacked). If they're absolutely shithouse at every facet of the role - no leadership qualities, respect, can't win games, no respect for player welfare and safety, naive and stupid, and prepared to drag the entire club down with them they get offered a new contract - by Essendon.

Not really

It's too Jonestown-like a statement

- they will not sack a club champion
- great strategic thinker.
- Things will turn around soon
- baseless decision by WADA to appeal
- Trust ASADA and WADA to try and ruin another

Talk about drinking the koolaid

Genuinely made me laugh.
Brilliant.

99% of coaches all get sacked, very few are given the golden handshake and retire at their own will. but yeah im sure hird will be sacked before he is given that golden hand shake

It's the reason why hiring "favourite son" coaches is a bad idea, if it were anyone else he'd have been given the arse long ago. But Golden Goy got a contract extension, hard to believe.

It's the reason why hiring "favourite son" coaches is a bad idea, if it were anyone else he'd have been given the arse long ago. But Golden Goy got a contract extension, hard to believe.
Giving 'off the record' interviews for a book damning your employer in intimate details was a bigger mistake!;)

Are you for real? ******* lol

Coaches are employed by contracts that have a start and end date. If the coach is bad the club elects not to offer a new contract. If they're really bad they have that contract terminated (sacked). If they're absolutely shithouse at every facet of the role - no leadership qualities, respect, can't win games, no respect for player welfare and safety, naive and stupid, and prepared to drag the entire club down with them they get offered a new contract - by Essendon.
Most seem to not get to actually end of contract. Seems to me if club not renewing in last year you get sacked/ not see out contract (made worse by media speculation as to why not renewing, why not renewing, must be a problem)

Most seem to not get to actually end of contract. Seems to me if club not renewing in last year you get sacked/ not see out contract (made worse by media speculation as to why not renewing, why not renewing, must be a problem)
Yeah, especially with your next social outing is bowling with the Grim Reaper!

They are all facts and unless you can show some evidence to the level of reasonable satisfaction to disprove them, I suggest you stay away from the cheap personal attacks and insulting references to historical incidents where numerous people were killed that have no relationship to the Essendon 34.
kleenex.jpg

Hird won't be sacked, they will not sack a club champion and great strategic thinker. Things will turn around soon, the club has had a difficult draw and the reckless and baseless decision by WADA to appeal has had a negative impact on the players. Trust ASADA and WADA to try and ruin another season for the bombers
Sounds that you think that there is a conspiracy out there to get Essendon. Are you for real? On the other hand you are right. It was ASADA and WADA that appointed Dank as a consultant to the EFC. It was ASADA WADA that ordered the drugs from China and Mexico. Oh by the way O J Simpson was innocent too. James Hird the Sgt Schultz's of the AFL I know nothing ( that is obvious with his coaching direction) I see nothing I hear nothing. Hird a great player I accept that but he is a crap coach just ask T Watson on his experience. The long tradition of EFC great players and crap coaches continues. Long live EFC legends of the game. I see that Hird continues to go to school. He better find another Masters course to do after he finishes in football as he has little chance of getting a high powered job as in business employers look for senior management that have ethics and who accept accountability/responsility for their actions attributes which Hird is bereft of.

Hird won't be sacked, they will not sack a club champion and great strategic thinker. Things will turn around soon, the club has had a difficult draw and the reckless and baseless decision by WADA to appeal has had a negative impact on the players. Trust ASADA and WADA to try and ruin another season for the bombers
image.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your list is s**t, old and slow there is no young talented mids developing and hird has no idea.

One of his assistants is openly telling people that hird can't coach, he has no game plan and has adopted a bottom up approach whereby the line managers develop the game plan and he 'coordinates'.

Source an ex Essendon player who is mates with said assistant.

This is the first time he has talked about Hird without sounding like he is lying or holding something back. I have no doubt at all there are more than a few issues between Thompson and Hird

When it went down, it was obvious that Thompson was furious, and knew Hird was to blame.

It was either a 360 or Footy Classified episode where he was almost in tears, and you could almost see him shaking with rage.

Don't most coaches eventually get sacked? Very few leave on own terms - can only think of Roos at Sydney, Malthouse at Collingwood Allan jeans at hawthorn (illness), bomber at cats.

Malthouse most definitely did not leave Collingwood on his own terms. If anything, that statement is more true of his departure from Carlton. He wanted to be sacked and succeeded.

no doubt, any sane person can see the writing on the wall. its just a matter of time

the real question is, how much damage albert will do on his way out......wont be pretty. God help the next coach with those back stabbing coteries

what a rabble of a club they have become

Your list is s**t, old and slow there is no young talented mids developing and hird has no idea.

One of his assistants is openly telling people that hird can't coach, he has no game plan and has adopted a bottom up approach whereby the line managers develop the game plan and he 'coordinates'.

Source an ex Essendon player who is mates with said assistant.
You need to also look at the role Thompson had with the contents of the list, he has contributed to it in a big way, maybe to sabotage Hird's legacy.

Can see why Thompson is miffed. His cats played terrific attacking footy. Hated em but loved how they played. Hird just loads up down back. It's crap footy to watch regardless of who is doing it.

Yes. The fact that he's employed as a coach, and paid more than the other coaches. Takes a lot of strategising to achieve that when you're a shithouse coach.

Or blackmail of course

Can I have what you're having?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back