What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm well aware being a uni student who does go out and and also witnesses these sorts of things. Drugs are everywhere so I know it is basically impossible to stay away from them. I have no problem with Libba going out occasionally and enjoying himself however he sees fit but there's a huge difference to a night out and a several day bender that affects your commitments to your job. Let's just hope Barrett is way off on his facts.

As usual, the facts will be anywhere between nothing and Barrett's talk.

The truth is always somewhere in the middle.

Shame Libba isn't going to London or this would be prefect
77cbc9faf06dc1522dd0e927373dd30198d413697240baed75c433c3c97ef701.jpg

I highly doubt anyone from the club told this directly to Barrett. More likely the information found its way to someone in the industry who choose to share it.

Has it been reported anywhere drugs are even involved with this second incident or are we all just assuming it is because of the first incident. I'm just going to wait until more info is released then go off about it. The Hunter incident at the start of the year was reported initially a lot worse then it turned out to be.

This.

There were more than enough red faces to go around on this and other boards after the initial sensationalist reports of Hunters betting brouhaha Do try not to make the same mistake with this one.

This.

There were more than enough red faces to go around on this and other boards after the initial sensationalist reports of Hunters betting brouhaha Do try not to make the same mistake with this one.

Exactly, I mean Ice being brought up! Come on lets settle down a bit until more comes out.

Drugs might be a safe assumption but he could just as easily be he was on the piss for three days and the club was disappointed he wasn't more serious about his recovery and promotion to leadership group.

At this stage we just don't know.

Maclure pot shotting our talls for not being 'dynamic' on 360 tonight. Any surprises here? No? I didn't think so either. He backed it up with no analysis or anything, just thought he'd throw it out there and leave it with that.

Just because you were a champion 30 years ago, doesn't mean you should get a free ride to say whatever pops into your peanut brain today. Get off my TV and radio asap.

Maclure pot shotting our talls for not being 'dynamic' on 360 tonight. Any surprises here? No? I didn't think so either. He backed it up with no analysis or anything, just thought he'd throw it out there and leave it with that.

Just because you were a champion 30 years ago, doesn't mean you should get a free ride to say whatever pops into your peanut brain today. Get off my TV and radio asap.
Did he explain what he meant by dynamic?
Boyd has played forward & ruck, Roberts has played back & forward, Roughead has played back/ruck & forward, Hamling has played on both talls & smalls

Has he even been watching our games or did he just see last week?...What a goose

He probably thinks Liam Jones is still there!
Oh hang on , he went to Caaarlton.

Just a technicality , but Maclure was never a " champion " only in his mind.

Just coincidence that we are playing Caaarlton this week as well? Thinks he's getting into the players heads. Otherwise, in typical Caaarlon fashion, he would never mention us, because he doesn't know we exist. He will by the time Saturday night has finished.

He is kind of correct though. It really is the last piece of the puzzle for us. If we had that we would be up there with the Hawks. I'm fine with what he said.

He is kind of correct though. It really is the last piece of the puzzle for us. If we had that we would be up there with the Hawks. I'm fine with what he said.

Fine, i'm happy with people having opinions where justification is provided rather than just claims plucked out of thin air. He just throws it out there, when asked by David King couldn't name a player that wasn't 'dynamic'. King asked if it was Tom Boyd that he was concerned with and he said no. Who else could he possibly be talking about?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fine, i'm happy with people having opinions where justification is provided rather than just claims plucked out of thin air. He just throws it out there, when asked by David King couldn't name a player that wasn't 'dynamic'. King asked if it was Tom Boyd that he was concerned with and he said no. Who else could he possibly be talking about?

I didn't see it, but if he was talking about your NRoo, Cameron, Walker types - the mobile big man who runs all day - we possibly lack someone of that calibre at the moment. Boyd isn't mobile enough yet, Stringer alternates between playing tall and small - so he's not quite in that role yet. Down back, Roughie isn't the quickest off the mark as a KPD, Hamling, Talia and Roberts are still in their infancy at the moment - so not judging them yet.

So we lack someone. No s**t. So do about a dozen clubs, looking for someone to play that role. As someone else said, find that player and we're a much, much better side...

Yeah, it was odd that he specifically said he thought Tom Boyd was doing OK. I think it's a just typical Maclure brain fart. Even though I think our forward line is still suspect Maclure wouldn't begin to be able to diagnose why, once he is robbed of his cure-all prescription "PLAY THE KIDS!"

I didn't see it, but if he was talking about your NRoo, Cameron, Walker types - the mobile big man who runs all day - we possibly lack someone of that calibre at the moment. Boyd isn't mobile enough yet, Stringer alternates between playing tall and small - so he's not quite in that role yet. Down back, Roughie isn't the quickest off the mark as a KPD, Hamling, Talia and Roberts are still in their infancy at the moment - so not judging them yet.

So we lack someone. No s**t. So do about a dozen clubs, looking for someone to play that role. As someone else said, find that player and we're a much, much better side...
Add that player and we become a top 4 contender. Perhaps we could twist Hogans arm and have the second best young mobile forward (Cameron is still number 1).

So where does Stringer fit in?

Stringer will be "dynamic" in my books when he plays a 4 quarter peformance and kicks set shots regularly.

Right now, he doesn't. And you can't rely on a forward who can't kick set shots regularly or goes missing for huge chunks of a game.

I'm setting the bar high because we NEED to set the bar high. No point the midfield/backline working their butts off to get the ball to Stringer for simple
set shots and he keeps missing. Nail the opportunities, keep presenting and pressuring for four quarters and J Banger will be considered elite, not just sometimes "dynamic".

Stringer will be "dynamic" in my books when he plays a 4 quarter peformance and kicks set shots regularly.

Right now, he doesn't. And you can't rely on a forward who can't kick set shots regularly or goes missing for huge chunks of a game.

I'm setting the bar high because we NEED to set the bar high. No point the midfield/backline working their butts off to get the ball to Stringer for simple
set shots and he keeps missing. Nail the opportunities, keep presenting and pressuring for four quarters and J Banger will be considered elite, not just sometimes "dynamic".

So you're saying he is dynamic but not consistent?

So you're saying he is dynamic but not consistent?

He's not consistent enough to be dynamic. I should have been more clear so you wouldn't nit pick.

The label of "dynamic" should be used on someone who deserves it. To me Jake Stringer doesn't deserve it yet. Dynamic mark! So what? You missed the simple set shot! The opposition gets through the press for a goal. Well that sucked!

In the 'Ask a Bulldog' clip this week, Picken, when asked who he'd want taking a set shot from our club, said Stringer, before a smirk broke out across his face.

Wonder if Jake cops a bit of stick for it around the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back