Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tasmania is close enough to Victoria so KK should be right at home. Swallow & O'Meara are WA though and even then I'd bet that Swallow is NM bound.

Can a mod please post a warning about anyone calling for us to trade him right now. I just know this thread will have about 5000 posts stating how he'd be 'worth the risk' (ala Garlett).

Just no.
You're probably right on Bennel, but you can't accurately judge the character of a guy on face value without a real understanding of the situation or what makes him tick.

Some guys do just need a bit of a wake up call.

You're probably right on Bennel, but you can't accurately judge the character of a guy on face value without a real understanding of the situation or what makes him tick.

Some guys do just need a bit of a wake up call.

There is no circumstance that I would accept our club attempting to trade for Harley!! I wouldn't care if he only took up 100k a season and we only had to go a fifth round draft pick, their is no way I would let him within 100m of our kids and have the destabilizing influence that he would undoubtedly bring.

Dont get me wrong I feel extremely sorry for him. He was served a **** sandwich from day one living with a bloke who was a regular cocaine user and would undoubtedly have easy access to these drugs and plenty of money to purchase.

I wouldn't take the punt though, we need to get kids who aren't at risk of this behaviour and manage/trade out players who don't adhere to our standards.

There is no circumstance that I would accept our club attempting to trade for Harley!! I wouldn't care if he only took up 100k a season and we only had to go a fifth round draft pick, their is no way I would let him within 100m of our kids and have the destabilizing influence that he would undoubtedly bring.

Dont get me wrong I feel extremely sorry for him. He was served a **** sandwich from day one living with a bloke who was a regular cocaine user and would undoubtedly have easy access to these drugs and plenty of money to purchase.

I wouldn't take the punt though, we need to get kids who aren't at risk of this behaviour and manage/trade out players who don't adhere to our standards.

Do you also think we should get rid of Libba?

Might be a little left of field here but if you're gonna do drugs, do cocaine!

10 out of 10 Cousins recommend it!

Also, I'd totally take Bennell for the undoubtedly cheap price. We have a lot of straight and narrow kids in our group and with support and a new environment, he could seriously add to our star factor. Due diligence on his willingness to adhere to club culture guidelines pending of course.

Yeah, I completely understand your position. I personally would talk to the kid & everyone involved with him before ruling him out. Chances are we end up at the same outcome anyway.

Do you also think we should get rid of Libba?

If it got the stage of Bennell, lets take into account hes had 4 - 5 misdemeanors (libba has only had 2), then yes I would hope the club move him on (only if it got that bad). This is libba's second misdemeanor (thats been made public) so he probably has one or two more before I would move him on if it ever got to that stage.

Libba needs to get his arse into gear though. Missing team meetings because he was on a bender is simply unacceptable. So very poor (irrespective of whether he is in consideration for selection or not, injury or no injury) he has to uphold the standards that all the others adhere to.

Refering to the Hunt/Bennell saga how bad would it be for our club if it ever got to that stage, a senior player's influence dragging others down, whether he liked it or not libba is in the leadership group too.

If he had another big public indiscretion that was bad enough then yes I would move him on. Family name shouldn't be taken into account. Sure if its hardly a crime at all (lets keep in mind that I want players to have a social life and a chance to relax away from football) then of course i would want to keep our best player at the club. But not at the expense of team cohesion and the brand our club is trying to build.

If bennell was out our club and he still had the same issues/caused the trouble he had, I'd want him out the door irrespective of how good the player is/how high he was picked in the draft.

If it got the stage of Bennell, lets take into account hes had 4 - 5 misdemeanors (libba has only had 2), then yes I would hope the club move him on (only if it got that bad). This is libba's second misdemeanor (thats been made public) so he probably has one or two more before I would move him on if it ever got to that stage.

Libba needs to get his arse into gear though. Missing team meetings because he was on a bender is simply unacceptable. So very poor (irrespective of whether he is in consideration for selection or not, injury or no injury) he has to uphold the standards that all the others adhere to.

Refering to the Hunt/Bennell saga how bad would it be for our club if it ever got to that stage, a senior player's influence dragging others down, whether he liked it or not libba is in the leadership group too.

If he had another big public indiscretion that was bad enough then yes I would move him on. Family name shouldn't be taken into account. Sure if its hardly a crime at all (lets keep in mind that I want players to have a social life and a chance to relax away from football) then of course i would want to keep our best player at the club. But not at the expense of team cohesion and the brand our club is trying to build.

If bennell was out our club and he still had the same issues/caused the trouble he had, I'd want him out the door irrespective of how good the player is/how high he was picked in the draft.
For me. he is now on notice. One more stuffup and he is gone.

Also, I'd totally take Bennell for the undoubtedly cheap price. We have a lot of straight and narrow kids in our group and with support and a new environment, he could seriously add to our star factor. Due diligence on his willingness to adhere to club culture guidelines pending of course.
him and libba can be besties :p

Think you boys are missing our First Commandment when it comes to list management...

#1. Thou shalt not recruit players that are dickheads. The "no dickheads rule" applies for all selection decisions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Buddy, no Tippett, look who's dominating........Sam Reid.

Said last year he's a solid player but was no good as a decoy with barely any delivery. He has delivery tonight and looks dangerous.
Met the big guy on the weekend at one of my lads games. Nice guy. Dudes tall. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435832326.816705.jpg

No Buddy, no Tippett, look who's dominating........Sam Reid.

Said last year he's a solid player but was no good as a decoy with barely any delivery. He has delivery tonight and looks dangerous.

Hope we're still into him. He'd be perfect as that 2nd tall forward/chf/ruck chop out/all around tall utility that we really like. That sock tan should drop his value a bit too...

Funny Garlett's name should come up. Reckon the Hawks would take the chance? Cats? Pies? Think only a big club with some really good leadership could save him.
With a 'big club' comes a lot of pressure from the media spotlight. Garlett couldn't hack it, do you really think it will be much different for others?
Maybe at the Cats someone could fly under the radar.

With a 'big club' comes a lot of pressure from the media spotlight. Garlett couldn't hack it, do you really think it will be much different for others?
Maybe at the Cats someone could fly under the radar.
I do. Big clubs have big resources, and can probably shield people a bit better. Garlett didn't work, but it was the Hawks who took the chance. Pies took the chance with Krakouer a few years back. Cats and pies were the ones willing to take the chance on Mitch Clark.

I think a lot comes down to the leadership group. Some clubs have much better leaders than others.

Wow. Such a passionate bulldogs supporter such as yourself cant even get his own son to follow the bulldogs. You shouldnt let him in the house until he follows the dogs.

Now im getting worreid that when i have kids its gonna be tougher than i thought.
Hopefully we will be winning premierships and it wont be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back